Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2015, 01:19 AM
Developer

Jan 02 2003
The decaying skels in several zones are indiff. Everfrost, North Qeynos, Qeynos hills, East Commons, to name a few.

The decaying skels are scowling in some zones too, for example Nektolos Forest.
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=2754
Old 01-16-2016, 02:17 AM
Developer

Fixed, pending update.

They will also be aggressive toward gnolls and goblins in newbie zones. I need more info on any other creatures they should attack. e.g. orcs, frogloks, etc.
Old 01-16-2016, 11:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I need more info on any other creatures they should attack. e.g. orcs, frogloks, etc.
There is a post about undead vs. orcs/dervs in South Ro (couldn't find it; believe it's resolved). They definitely fought--I even posted my screenshots in that thread.

Amax MNK / Amalgamax ROG / maximum
Begging (227)

EQ Map Archive (1,000+ images)
P99 WikiEQ Patch Chronology
Old 01-17-2016, 11:00 PM
Fire Giant

Chiming in: Decaying skeletons in classic zones were non-aggressive but social. Regular sleletons WERE aggressive and didn't care what level you were. Not sure about Kunark.
Old 01-22-2016, 04:47 AM
Sarnak

Also decaying skeles in classic used to not care about your lvl when engaged, they never ran like they do nowadays on live servers.
But I'll agree. there were both agro and non agro decaying skeles in classic/kunark/velious
Old 01-22-2016, 10:17 AM
Planar Protector

All I know is I played a dark elf for every toon I made and decaying skeletons in nektulos were non kos, but yes social. I don't care what evidence anyone posts that's how I remember it.
Old 09-09-2023, 12:46 AM
Developer

Default Nektulos

I also remember decaying skeletons were indifferent in Nektulos, and never found complaints about them being KOS until 2002/2003. I finally found a comment that attributes the March 2002 patch where they updated the mobs in the zone to the change. So I'll be making Nektulos decaying skeletons indifferent pending patch.

Quote:
(3/16/02 6:56:52 pm)
Re: Nek Forest Upgraded
Mobs with new names :
- an araneidae spiderling
- a large araneidae

Decaying skeletons are aggro [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] omgz !

An Arcane Elementalist scowls at you, ready to attack (to a DE warrior worshipping Inny) => that sucks for evil chars porting to the Nek pad :/
https://web.archive.org/web/20020425...ID=10295.topic

Quote:
Even more annoying in Nek
#Oct 25 2002 at 10:58 PMRating: Decent
Since they recently patched my home forest of Nektulos, they've made these skellies even more annoying. They made them just as annoying as the lvl 5 skeletons, meaning they will allways chase you no matter what lvl you are [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I guess every skeleton no matter what it's called is very aggresive now in nektulos and will allways chase you no matter what lvl you are.