Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 08:20 PM
Sarnak

Default Cracktusk, kos or not?

I'm curious about the behavior of the named elephant Cracktusk, found in South Karana.

I've a recollection on being abused by this fellow way back in the way back when, but I have a fair amount of recollections of abuse way back when, so I can't be sure that my memories are accurate. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Of recent in the P99 realm, I've been spending a fair amount of time in South Karana, terrorizing Aviaks and Gnolls and what all, and being sure to poach good old Cracktusk for his Tusks (ahh, the irony of a Karana worshiping Druid killing elephants for ivory...). In this period of time, I've always found Cracktusk to be a perfectly, well, indifferent sort of fellow, as opposed to the scowling, threatening pain in the ass I had recalled him to be.

Does anyone else have this recollection of Cracktusk?

Wanting to be thorough (or, at least, make a pathetic attempt at it), I was sure to jump into the Way Back Machine, and took a quick cruise through Illia's Bestiary, the Everlore Bestiary, and the EQAtlas (God bless Muse, wherever he may be). I was not able to find anything useful via Illia's Bestiary (there were certainly entries for Cracktusk, but nothing that spoke to his behavior, one way or the other), however, Everlore and the Atlas proved a bit more helpful.

The 8/15/2000 archive for Everlore contained a Bestiary entry for Cracktusk which lists him as "kos to travellers" - Here is the Link

The 3/1/2000 archive for the EQAtlas contains the following entry in the South Karanas zone, listed under the heading of Dangers (2nd paragraph): "The only other real danger in this zone, aside from the above, is the roaming elephant named Cracktusk. This elephant has been driven into a homicidal rage by the crack in his tusk..." which would at least seem to imply that Cracktusk is a damn cranky elephant. Here is the Link

Hope that this is of help! Of course, I'll likely have different thoughts all together when Cracktusk is kicking my ass again... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Aarone - Paladin o' Brell

"Tempus Fugit. Memento Mori."
Old 07-16-2010, 02:38 AM
Project Manager

Fixed, pending update.
Old 07-16-2010, 04:59 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarone [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm curious about the behavior of the named elephant Cracktusk, found in South Karana.

I've a recollection on being abused by this fellow way back in the way back when, but I have a fair amount of recollections of abuse way back when, so I can't be sure that my memories are accurate. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Of recent in the P99 realm, I've been spending a fair amount of time in South Karana, terrorizing Aviaks and Gnolls and what all, and being sure to poach good old Cracktusk for his Tusks (ahh, the irony of a Karana worshiping Druid killing elephants for ivory...). In this period of time, I've always found Cracktusk to be a perfectly, well, indifferent sort of fellow, as opposed to the scowling, threatening pain in the ass I had recalled him to be.

Does anyone else have this recollection of Cracktusk?

Wanting to be thorough (or, at least, make a pathetic attempt at it), I was sure to jump into the Way Back Machine, and took a quick cruise through Illia's Bestiary, the Everlore Bestiary, and the EQAtlas (God bless Muse, wherever he may be). I was not able to find anything useful via Illia's Bestiary (there were certainly entries for Cracktusk, but nothing that spoke to his behavior, one way or the other), however, Everlore and the Atlas proved a bit more helpful.

The 8/15/2000 archive for Everlore contained a Bestiary entry for Cracktusk which lists him as "kos to travellers" - Here is the Link

The 3/1/2000 archive for the EQAtlas contains the following entry in the South Karanas zone, listed under the heading of Dangers (2nd paragraph): "The only other real danger in this zone, aside from the above, is the roaming elephant named Cracktusk. This elephant has been driven into a homicidal rage by the crack in his tusk..." which would at least seem to imply that Cracktusk is a damn cranky elephant. Here is the Link

Hope that this is of help! Of course, I'll likely have different thoughts all together when Cracktusk is kicking my ass again... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dunno if a patch broke him or not, but he instantly agroed me once when he spawned when I was sitting on the hill he spawns on. So he was indeed KoS, at least then.
Old 07-16-2010, 05:26 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
but he instantly agroed me once when he spawned when I was sitting on the hill he spawns on. So he was indeed KoS, at least then.

I had a bit of a suspicion when he posted that he was a druid, that cracktusk was KOS, and just wasn't attacking him because he was a druid. As a druid myself:

Thu Jul 15 10:16:22 2010] Cracktusk regards you indifferently -- You could probably win this fight.
Old 07-16-2010, 05:54 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmiles8 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I had a bit of a suspicion when he posted that he was a druid, that cracktusk was KOS, and just wasn't attacking him because he was a druid. As a druid myself:

Thu Jul 15 10:16:22 2010] Cracktusk regards you indifferently -- You could probably win this fight.

You know, I never even thought about that. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Oh well - more proof I'm an idiot! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Aarone - Paladin o' Brell

"Tempus Fugit. Memento Mori."
Old 07-17-2010, 03:20 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmiles8 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Well there ya go, I know all other elephants arent KoS but Cracktusk is, makes sense that he didnt KoS a druid though.
Old 07-17-2010, 03:33 PM
Project Manager

So Cracktusk shouldn't be kos to druids?

He is set to kos everyone next patch. Let me know whats up with this. I assumed he should aggro everyone.
Old 07-17-2010, 04:00 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So Cracktusk shouldn't be kos to druids?

He is set to kos everyone next patch. Let me know whats up with this. I assumed he should aggro everyone.
Well hes an animal, so it might just be how it was coded to not attack druids, per other kos animals that dont, but given the nature and name of the mob Id think he should be KoS to all. Ill try and do some research but the links posted above look to be as much as well find.

Quote:
I dusted off my druid and played him a bit this past week and weekend. I took him to South Karana because that's a great place to re-familiarize yourself with druid techniques. Anyway, although I've played EQ since late spring, 1999 - and spent thousands of hours in SK - I had never seen Cracktusk, the SK bull elephant - until Saturday. But there he was on track. I chased him down and found that the stories are true: he moves fast and has a huge aggro radius.
http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.html?id=3678

Leads me to believe he is KoS to all, "having a huge agro radius" you wouldnt know unless you are kos
Last edited by Phallax; 07-17-2010 at 04:07 PM..
Old 07-17-2010, 04:07 PM
Fire Giant

rabid grizzly bear faction.
Old 07-17-2010, 05:06 PM
Fire Giant

I don't know if he should aggro or not. Just saying that currently it seems that he's not KOS to druids but is to everyone else. Also, rabid grizzlies/wolves are only dubious to druids.
Closed Thread