Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2013, 09:54 AM
Banned

Default Came across the coolest player today

I was soloing giants since everyone at FM Giant Fort are determined on soloing and not grouping. I found myself fear kiting and killing 1-2 giants before having to med.

Well a Bunyai aggroed me while I was killing a giant, the giant was 15% and I was under 20% so naturally I had to run.

Well I had inspected this certain monk earlier and noticed he had a fungi and that amazing staff that rangers use. As well as other amazing twink gear.

I walked up to him and asked "Help!", he replied "Zone bro, that mob is yellow to me."

Are you kidding me? I managed to make it to Lake of Ill Omen strafe kite style with no SoW at 10%. You have a FUNGI, He doesn't even take DAMAGE he regens so fast.

Point is, all I see are twinked monks that want to solo and it defeats the purpose of classic EQ. You have over 200k in loot on your monk alone and you're going to be that CUTTHROAT over competition on forest loops?

EDIT: SORRY HE WAS A RANGER I GUESS I CAN'T BE TO UPSET! I think I'd reroll tho seriously.
Last edited by Orotiagito; 10-22-2013 at 10:04 AM..
Old 10-22-2013, 10:13 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orotiagito [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well I had inspected this certain monk earlier and noticed he had a fungi and that amazing staff that rangers use.

EDIT: SORRY HE WAS A RANGER I GUESS I CAN'T BE TO UPSET! I think I'd reroll tho seriously.
Him using ranger gear was probably the first sign.
EDIT: Him using spells might have been the second sign.

Honestly though, appreciate help that you get but don't cry when you don't get it. Why should he have 15 minutes of down time to prevent you from having 15 minutes of downtime? You were the one who made the mistake that got you the add. Also, iirc burynai's won't aggro unless you drop your faction by killing one or more of them, so he had plenty of incentive not to attack it.

Adds are the cost of careless play. Down time and sometimes death exp penalty are the cost of adds. Play better, whine less.
Last edited by DrKvothe; 10-22-2013 at 10:16 AM..
Old 10-22-2013, 10:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrKvothe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Him using ranger gear was probably the first sign.
EDIT: Him using spells might have been the second sign.

Honestly though, appreciate help that you get but don't cry when you don't get it. Why should he have 15 minutes of down time to prevent you from having 15 minutes of downtime? You were the one who made the mistake that got you the add. Also, iirc burynai's won't aggro unless you drop your faction by killing one or more of them, so he had plenty of incentive not to attack it.

Adds are the cost of careless play. Down time and sometimes death exp penalty are the cost of adds. Play better, whine less.
Suck my dick, post less.
Old 10-22-2013, 10:18 AM
Planar Protector

I have purposely avoided killing burynai's for the reason mentioned above, he might have made that decision too. It's not like it was a big deal to zone. There are plenty of reasons to get pissed at people, and this isn't one of them...let alone to make a post about it on the forums.
Old 10-22-2013, 10:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orotiagito [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Suck my dick, post less.
confirmed mad
Old 10-22-2013, 10:21 AM
Fire Giant

Just to reiterate - people with 200k in gear on their twinks don't give a shit about 300 plat forest loops, they care about leveling up faster. And that means not grouping with people who don't have good situational awareness.
Old 10-22-2013, 10:28 AM
Banned

Lets just delete this post, I had to delete a paragraph twice. I must be mature and civil, I know I should have taken this to rants and flames stating how useless rangers are. At least I'd find trolls with humor, not new players from EQ (Cheating) Mac telling me how to use the forums.
Old 10-22-2013, 10:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Suck my dick, post less.
Reported.
Old 10-22-2013, 10:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingturtle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Reported.
I reported my own thread to have it deleted, thanks.
Old 10-22-2013, 10:33 AM
Planar Protector

I can't imagine why people wouldn't go out of their way to help you.
Closed Thread