Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2015, 01:31 PM
Fire Giant

Default Mask of Deception Acquisition

So I tried to research this before starting a new thread, but there seemed to be a lot of misinformation and contradictions, so here goes...

I just made a new rogue the other day, and I'd like to get him a mask. What is a feasible/viable level to take him to Lguk in search of one? Can I sneak/hide my way down to the spawn area? Some people say the mobs can see through, others say good to go. Anyone done this recently who can confirm? Ideally I'd park my rogue there and just do the camp myself with my druid.
Bhear Ghrillz - Level 51 Druid - Dial A Port | Oggre - Level 44 Warrior | Revenance Vampirus - Level 40 Necromancer | Mottley Crue - Level 30 Rogue | Renovatio - Level 3 Cleric | Abradolf Lincler - Level 40 Cleric | Drowning - Level 35 Enchanter | Oradan Omnipotent - Level 57 Magician | Chubbz Zilla - Level 40 Monk - Scaled Brotherhood
Old 02-23-2015, 02:03 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDX0621
Can I sneak/hide my way down to the spawn area?
I believe that sneak/hide does not invis vs. undead anymore. You will need both regular invis (for bats, gargoyles) as well as invis vs undead (for frogloks, skellies) to travel to ass/sup.
Old 02-23-2015, 04:51 PM
Orc

I am pretty sure sneak and hide does work against undead. I remember doing it on live with my rogue.
Old 02-23-2015, 05:11 PM
Planar Protector

The mobs can't see you on the dead side. Just make sure you get a successful hide and a successful sneak. A big exception is the assassin himself CAN see you.
Old 02-23-2015, 05:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDX0621 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I tried to research this before starting a new thread, but there seemed to be a lot of misinformation and contradictions, so here goes...

I just made a new rogue the other day, and I'd like to get him a mask. What is a feasible/viable level to take him to Lguk in search of one? Can I sneak/hide my way down to the spawn area? Some people say the mobs can see through, others say good to go. Anyone done this recently who can confirm? Ideally I'd park my rogue there and just do the camp myself with my druid.
I would sit rogue at zonline and wait for a group who is moving down. Do it one day when you aint got much to do.
Old 02-23-2015, 08:02 PM
Large Bat

sweet was just wondering about this myself as I haven't had to get the mask for 14yr's . Thanks all
Old 02-23-2015, 08:34 PM
Sarnak

I did it at 18, but you could do it as soon as you have hide and sneak; just don't get seen by the assassin. If you camp there, someone will kill him and the mask will be left to rot. But be careful; monks like to use FD when they pull, which can set him onto you, so don't camp right under the Ass/Sup room and run away if the party there look like they are about to wipe before killing him.
Old 02-23-2015, 09:38 PM
Fire Giant

Awesome, thanks for the info all who responded. I see some naked dungeon delving ahead of me. Maybe I'll go to Lguk too!
Bhear Ghrillz - Level 51 Druid - Dial A Port | Oggre - Level 44 Warrior | Revenance Vampirus - Level 40 Necromancer | Mottley Crue - Level 30 Rogue | Renovatio - Level 3 Cleric | Abradolf Lincler - Level 40 Cleric | Drowning - Level 35 Enchanter | Oradan Omnipotent - Level 57 Magician | Chubbz Zilla - Level 40 Monk - Scaled Brotherhood
Old 02-23-2015, 11:00 PM
Kobold

I parked my alt at dead side ent, logged on my main, killed everything up ass/sup camp, pulled assassin near the ent, killed him, logged on alt and looted.
Old 02-24-2015, 12:34 AM
Sarnak

I think one of the gargs has a chance to spawn as see invis. Just a heads up.
Closed Thread