Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2015, 01:22 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Unhappy Call of the Hero

SMH...been killing for this spells for more then 24 hours combined killing mobs in Skyfire Mountains
a mature wurm
a shadow drake
a wandering wurm
a wurm spirit
an elder wyvern
Eldrig the Old
Faerie of Dismay
Felia Goldenwing

and to no avail. Gotten my 56 fire pet and a ton of other spells. Not really wanting to blow 10k for the spell. any suggestions?
Old 07-19-2015, 01:50 AM
Planar Protector

My snobby (but not terrible) advice would be to go back in time and just farm for plat to buy the spell, cause you definitely could make 10k in less than half the time you've spent looking for the spell drop directly.

You didn't get any nice spells to drop that you could sell to then afford COTH?

Some of those mobs don't even drop 55+ spells, do they?
Old 07-19-2015, 01:55 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Not alot of good spells dropped

just mark of karn, but most of the other spells were worth 50pp....with an occassional 1k spell. but definitely not 10k worth
Old 07-19-2015, 08:04 AM
Planar Protector

Farming spells intentionally never has seemed to work out too well the times I've done it or heard of others doing it. Seems like it's a better use of time to just farm plat and then buy the spell that has dropped for a guild who was clearing trak's lair or doing VP or something, unfortunately.

Or you could try to wait for a month if you don't NEED the spell right away, because Velious introduces a lot more places for 55+ spells to drop I think.
Old 07-19-2015, 08:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Farming spells intentionally never has seemed to work out too well the times I've done it or heard of others doing it. Seems like it's a better use of time to just farm plat and then buy the spell that has dropped for a guild who was clearing trak's lair or doing VP or something, unfortunately.

Or you could try to wait for a month if you don't NEED the spell right away, because Velious introduces a lot more places for 55+ spells to drop I think.
Don't listen to bolded bad advice. His other advice is solid though. NPCs that drop 55+ spells drop every classes spell. Meaning you're farming mobs with 40+ spells on their loot table in an attempt to get one of those forty. It takes some really good luck to stumble upon the one you need out of a single day of farming.

If you want the spell the fastest possible you are best off farming plat and buying it.

Come Velious, almost no Velious mobs will drop Kunark spells. The 55-60 spells dropped in Velious should only be Velious ones (Monster Summoning and the like). This may have an impact on the price of CotH since less people will be grinding in locations where it drops. So it is advisable to buy it now IMO. Or you could try to get some Velious spells soon and barter those new spells for CotH.
Old 07-19-2015, 08:13 AM
Planar Protector

Have you tested it on beta tho?
Old 07-19-2015, 08:20 AM
Planar Protector

I'm well aware of the current situation on beta, and it's currently limited to a few WW Dragons dropping Kunark spells ("almost no" implies a select few dragons in a single zone). Plus there is currently a bug post to remove those as they appear to have been added after Velious to the loot tables.

Killing in Velks, Kael, SG, DN, PoM... I've yet to see any Kunark spells dropped. As is classic.
Old 07-19-2015, 08:27 AM
Planar Protector

I stand corrected! Velious noob here [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-20-2015, 03:28 AM
Planar Protector

Yeah, hoping the one SPELL you want or need to drop, on high end stuff, is a sad way to spend days, maybe weeks, getting it. There IS a reason some of the high end spells cost a arm and a leg lol. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] It is more luck than sense, and being lucky as hell on a roll on top of that. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-20-2015, 11:15 AM
Sarnak

I could sell you a copy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]