Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 08-03-2015, 05:08 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Windows 10 and EQ

I was going to update my laptop from 7 to 10 - has anyone updated yet? If so are there any issues? Just a curious thing before I actually pull the trigger on my update.
Old 08-03-2015, 05:10 PM
Large Bat

Yea I would like to know this too - Has anyone actually updated to Windows 10, and has it worked with the new update for Project 1999?
Old 08-03-2015, 05:35 PM
Kobold

p99 works fine on windows 10.
Old 08-03-2015, 05:57 PM
Fire Giant

Windows 10 is the largest piece of invasive crap ever.
------
Disclosure of Data

We will share your data with your consent, including as necessary to complete any transaction or provide any service you have requested or authorized.

We share some data collected in connection with the Program with third parties. For example, we may share data about the performance of a particular hardware or software component on your device with the manufacturer of that component to enable them to improve how their component works with Microsoft products and services.

We may share or disclose information about you with other Microsoft controlled subsidiaries and affiliates, and with vendors or agents working on our behalf. For example, companies we've hired to provide customer service support or assist in protecting and securing our systems and services may need access to personal information in order to provide those functions. In such cases, these companies must abide by our data privacy requirements and are not allowed to use the information for any other purpose. We may also disclose information about you as part of a corporate transaction such as a merger or sale of assets.

We may also access, disclose and preserve information about you when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary to:

comply with applicable law or respond to valid legal process from competent authorities, including from law enforcement or other government agencies;

protect our customers, for example to prevent spam or attempts to defraud Microsoft’s customers, or to help prevent the loss of life or serious injury of anyone;

operate and maintain the security of our products and services, including to prevent or stop an attack on our computer systems or networks; or

protect the rights or property of Microsoft, including enforcing the terms governing the use of the services—however, if we receive information indicating that someone is using our products or services to traffic in stolen intellectual or physical property of Microsoft, we will not inspect a customer’s private content ourselves, but we may refer the matter to law enforcement.
-----
Why you would ever agree to that, regardless of what you may or may not do on your computer, is beyond me.
Old 08-03-2015, 06:13 PM
Kobold

Your school, bank, cell phone network, cable company, internet supplier, facebook/social sites etc etc all shares pretty much the same info.

I still haven't had my upgrade option yet.
Old 08-03-2015, 08:11 PM
Banned

I dig it. Windowed mode is more slim I can see a little more. The new sounds and notifications are pretty good too.
Old 08-03-2015, 08:40 PM
Kobold

P99 ran fine on Windows 10 for me. Just copied it directly from my Win7 desktop to the Win10 laptop.

Had to turn off real time shadows because its a laptop GPU, otherwise ran fine.
Old 08-03-2015, 09:53 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGraves [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your school, bank, cell phone network, cable company, internet supplier, facebook/social sites etc etc all shares pretty much the same info.

I still haven't had my upgrade option yet.
Youre not reading the main point.
For any reason, if police or any "enforcement" ask microsoft for your computer files, they get it. No courts, no nothing. Hell, you probably wont even know they got access.
Police are dangerous enough already, Using windows 10 just sacrifices more of your rights.
Old 08-03-2015, 10:06 PM
Fire Giant

Send a message via AIM to Thulghor Send a message via MSN to Thulghor Send a message via Yahoo to Thulghor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranndom [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Youre not reading the main point.
For any reason, if police or any "enforcement" ask microsoft for your computer files, they get it. No courts, no nothing. Hell, you probably wont even know they got access.
Police are dangerous enough already, Using windows 10 just sacrifices more of your rights.
They do this already. This is not new. Look at everything that has been going on with Stingray, Prism, NSA, Facebook and Twitter profiling, SOPA/CISPA/TPP/Whatever, the Patriot/Freedom Act, and FBI warning letters. Big companies just can't wait to hand your data over to LEOs. There are also tons of encryption and privacy backdoors just for the NSA and other organizations. Must be some big money incentives behind it, in addition to it being easier and less risky to screw a random faceless customer over than to mess with a big LEO.

Hell, look at what David Cameron in the UK is pushing for encryption backdoors ("Do you want to live in a world where a person's conversation is completely private?"), and the recent FBI director letter about the need for encryption backdoors.

New system seems to be "collect data/evidence, get warrant/authorization later."

Only way to be safe is through obscurity. Use a wired ethernet cord, and when you're not using your comp, unplug all of it.

Windows 10 is a small cog in this machine.

In the meantime, this is about the best you can hope for on Windows 10 for privacy at the moment:

https://www.reddit.com/r/conspiracy/...in_windows_10/

Additional Sources:

http://www.businessinsider.com/david...hatsapp-2015-7

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...-public-safety
Last edited by Thulghor; 08-03-2015 at 10:09 PM..
Old 08-03-2015, 10:32 PM
Banned

If I apply tinfoil to my groin area and brain the windows 10 people can't steal my thoughts.

pass it on