Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 04:50 AM
Aviak

Lightbulb Project 1999 Trailer

Ever since I saw the art ToddFX did (HERE), I've been inspired. I'm obsessed with the idea of making a Project 1999 Trailer. It's been a while since the last time it's hit me this hard, but when it does, I have to just get it out of my system, otherwise I'll never get on with my life. (or actual work /sigh...)

I've been playing it over in my head and like always, I started with the background music. I took the original EverQuest intro music then re-sequenced things a little and used some nice instrument samples to really make it sound pretty good if I do say so myself. (I have absolutely no musical skills whatsoever) I think it sounds good, maybe someone that knows classical/soundtrack scoring could tell me if I'm right:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0K3K4TBT

So far the trailer (as it stands in my head) includes the following shots (in order):
Four passage text intro as the camera pulls back through original EQ concept art (ripped from the Prima guide)
1. It was the most revered MMORPG of all time
2. A home for thousands of players
3. Yet the vision that made it great is all but gone today (too wordy)
4. We seek to revive that vision...
(I know it's super corny and needs some reworking. Help. Please.)
<tempo change>
Fly through of a foggy Kelethin
Low angle shot of the statue of Kaladim
A sunny day at Kerra Isle
Entrance to HighKeep (if ToddFX will let me mess with the scene he made (plzplzplz!))
<tempo change>
Project 1999 Logo against a blue sky
Pan down to West Freeport Gates
Close up of the WFP Guards
Fly through of the EC Tunnel with LOADS of people in it
<piano section>
"Relive the Classic EverQuest Experience!" "Visit us at Project1999.org"

What I need:
Four passage text intro help
More original EQ concept art (not kunark/velious)
Entrance to HighKeep Scene Files (pleasepleaseplease Mr. ToddFX!!)
Project 1999 Logo (if there is one, if not I'll make one hehehe)
IDEAS!!! Seriously. Need them.

I'd love official P99 approval on this whole trailer thing, but either way I'm way past stopping this rollercoaster now. Blame ToddFX. He started it. =P

Update 11.28.2010:
Intro section with text - 90% Complete (need better phrases)
Kelethin - 100% Complete
Kaladim - 100% Complete
Kerra Isle - 100% Complete
P99 Logo - 99% Complete (need approval)
Freeport - 60% Complete (need to animate camera, render and post)
EC Tunnel - 0% Complete (haven't started on it)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg p99_logo.jpg (94.3 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg Kelethin.jpg (83.8 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg Kaladim.jpg (96.1 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg Kerra Isle.jpg (91.7 KB, 32 views)
Last edited by Xevin; 11-28-2010 at 09:16 PM.. Reason: Update
Old 11-17-2010, 05:20 AM
Fire Giant

It'd be cool if you played kelethin/rivervale music like it was on the old graphics cards, ya know?
Old 11-17-2010, 06:28 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Sounds like a good idea, music however is ... eh ... I would just stick with the original.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:36 AM
Planar Protector

I cant even watch it man...that site u got it on sux. Why not put it on Youtube....

I think a good concept to P99 trailer would be to follow a newly created toon and skip forward as he progresses...pick a more popular race/class combo and progress him and skip forward (go from 1-50 in a matter of 1 minute)..at the end show him killing Nagafen or something....so at level one he's killing rats, by the end he's downing Nagafen. Show popular areas in between like EC etc...u know how it goes.
Last edited by skorge; 11-17-2010 at 08:39 AM..
Old 11-17-2010, 04:13 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizarostormy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds like a good idea, music however is ... eh ... I would just stick with the original.
I am using the original music, but I updated it with real instruments. I only changed some minor parts to it and re-arranged a few things to make the beginning part. (needed a slow paced start) I also added some beat to it to make it more lively near the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I cant even watch it man...that site u got it on sux. Why not put it on Youtube....

I think a good concept to P99 trailer would be to follow a newly created toon and skip forward as he progresses...pick a more popular race/class combo and progress him and skip forward (go from 1-50 in a matter of 1 minute)..at the end show him killing Nagafen or something....so at level one he's killing rats, by the end he's downing Nagafen. Show popular areas in between like EC etc...u know how it goes.
Megaupload is for downloading, not viewing.

That's a neat idea, but it's beyond the scope of what I can do. I'd need a full team and a month of editing to make something like that happen hehe. Also I doubt I could get that to fit in 1:30 or less.

I'm gonna make the first part tonight with what I have so far. It should show you guys what I'm trying to do.
Old 11-17-2010, 04:44 PM
Kobold

Its a great idea, but tough to compete with this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_b9n76F5KQ

Even though this one shows content up through PoP.
Old 11-28-2010, 09:24 PM
Aviak

Default Small update

Just a small update on the progress. I had a few free days over the long weekend and knocked out a few of the parts. Everything is working out great so far. I still need input/help on some things.

I posted some stills on the first post for everyone to see how its turning out.

What do you guys think of the P99 logo? Does it seem like it needs more grunge on the sword? It's a little too "clean" looking I think. Also if anyone knows the exact font of the original EQ logo, please tell me. I had to find a similar one, but now that its textured and beveled, I kind of like it.
Last edited by Xevin; 11-28-2010 at 09:29 PM..
Old 11-28-2010, 09:29 PM
Fire Giant

Gray on gray is kinda meh, otherwise those pictures look amazing.

Mugatoo <Center For Ants>
45 Iksar Monk

"You can all go to hell, I'm going to Texas."
Old 11-28-2010, 10:24 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizarostormy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have to agree. I didn't care for the music. Stick with the original music, or make it sound more classic-like.
Old 11-28-2010, 10:34 PM
Fire Giant

can you tell us when you will begin filming so we can get in the video?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruman View Post
Hahaha, that is awesome. Right up there with...that one guy's....boat service before the boats worked.
Closed Thread