Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 02-22-2011, 05:21 AM
Sarnak

Default Enchanter Animations not working as intended

At least this is my experience in the past few days. My animations-pets used to take aggro from me. I always pull with Tashan and then back away and let pet take aggro to fight. Ever since I made 16 a 3-4 days ago, the pet will not take aggro anymore. the only way I can fight is to try and root and hope it sticks. This has effectively made my enchanter no longer fun to play as I have been steadily losing experience to dying from this. I believe the patch did something to mess things up. I only play my mage now, a fire pet can hold aggro a little better although something is off there too compared to a few days ago. It's bad enough the troll regen was nerfed, but to make pets completely useless is going too far. Please have a look at this soon devs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Server runs much smoother without prima donnas prancing around being bitches like this is Walmart's Customer Service Department.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:24 AM
Planar Protector

It's bad enough to fix a bug that wasn't in line with classic? Troll regen was very much overpowered as opposed to what it used to be on live.

Pet's are a bit out of line atm, but they're working on bringing it in line with what it should be. There's plenty of other options for you, group, charm, etc. a flimsy animation holding aggro doesn't make you entirely helpless.

I enchant things...
Old 02-22-2011, 10:37 AM
Planar Protector

Depending on your level you should have access to various root spells, Dyn's Dizzying Draught and blind (enchanters often forget that they have this spell). You should have at least one of these loaded anyway when you are using your animation (since the only way to control their placement is to control the placement of the mob they are attacking).
Old 02-22-2011, 10:38 AM
Planar Protector

Yesterday at level 35 I could pull anything with Tashani and my animation would take agro before I could run back to my camp. I'd have to turn and cast slow or stun just to get the mob back to where we were fighting. Not sure why the OP is experiencing something different.

Overall I agree with omnimorph though. I mained a chanter on Live and the animations here still seem very overpowered. And troll regen should be giving 10hp/minute as it is now, not 80 as it was before.
Old 02-22-2011, 04:33 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Depending on your level you should have access to various root spells, Dyn's Dizzying Draught and blind (enchanters often forget that they have this spell). You should have at least one of these loaded anyway when you are using your animation (since the only way to control their placement is to control the placement of the mob they are attacking).
I'm 16 and Dyn's is 29...even if I did have it my point was things are broken. Animations used to take aggro very well like any other pet that says "Taunting attacker master" would before this patch messed em all up. I play all 3 pet classes, mage, necro and enchanter and all are not working as they were before.

To Omnimorph...many things on this server are far from Classic. Mob run speed...clinging darkness and snare not making fleeing mobs stand still, the way the AC spawn in South Ro works here on P99 isn't classic, mobs losing aggro from a certain distance?? Seriously?? ... I hate when people come into a thread and start a discussion with "Well that's not Classic" Who cares?? I never played a chanter on live. My brother has a 50 chanter and used troll regen his whole career along with every other 50 enchanter already on P99. So it was ok for them to have the troll regen, but when I rolled one, it gets nerfed? Fuck that man, screw your hypocrisy dude.

Quote:
Server runs much smoother without prima donnas prancing around being bitches like this is Walmart's Customer Service Department.
Last edited by maegi; 02-22-2011 at 04:43 PM..
Old 02-22-2011, 04:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maegi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To Omnimorph...many things on this server are far from Classic. Mob run speed...clinging darkness and snare not making fleeing mobs stand still, the way the AC spawn in South Ro works here on P99 isn't classic, mobs losing aggro from a certain distance?? Seriously?? ... I hate when people come into a thread and start a discussion with "Well that's not Classic" Who cares?? I never played a chanter on live. My brother has a 50 chanter and used troll regen his whole career along with every other 50 enchanter already on P99. So it was ok for them to have the troll regen, but when I rolled one, it gets nerfed? Fuck that man, screw your hypocrisy dude.
You don't hear me complaining about my JC being nerfed from 280 to 250 AFTER spending hours and multiple thousands of platinum on it. You don't hear me complaining about all the people who were able to get the no longer dropped items like thex dagger, manastones, guises etc. there's a bunch of things that were broken earlier on that people got to enjoy before they fixed it. The invis / hide bug was used quite a bit.

Fact is the server is developing as they go. Last thing they need is for people to say "but you let other people enjoy x benefit for as long as they were levelling up so how come you're fixing it now?"

They're developing the server to be as true to classic as it can be, whether that means some things get fixed later or now, it's not for us to decide. Only reason something should be brought up is if it isn't as it was in classic. Not because you don't like it or because other people got to enjoy it before you.

That being said, pets were behaving in a way that wasn't intended, as your original post suggested, i merely offered work arounds until they fixed it. And as for your complaint about troll regen, see the beginning of this post.

I enchant things...
Old 02-22-2011, 05:30 PM
Sarnak

Ok we're derailing this thread about other things. Granted. Back on topic. I want pets fixed, not bandaids to temp fix or work around a real problem. My chanter is not playable, ie enjoyable to play as intended any more. that's the point of this thread. Yes I can root everything and then use whirl...that however, isn't the way I was playing before this bug was introduced to pet aggro.

Quote:
Old 02-22-2011, 05:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maegi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok we're derailing this thread about other things. Granted. Back on topic. I want pets fixed, not bandaids to temp fix or work around a real problem. My chanter is not playable, ie enjoyable to play as intended any more. that's the point of this thread. Yes I can root everything and then use whirl...that however, isn't the way I was playing before this bug was introduced to pet aggro.
Here are the problems with your original statement:

1.) Your pets are not completely useless.

2.)The lowering of their ability to generate agro and take agro away from their owner has been reduced on purpose so it's not a bug.

3.) They might tinker with the mechanic some more but chances are you are going to have to root the mobs anyway. You shouldn't have a problem landing root on anything you can effectively solo. You should be pulling with tash and casting root as soon as tash lands. You want to get hit so that the pet will start attacking it and root is there so you can sit to meditate as quickly as possible. That is how you play an enchanter. Different levels bring different tricks but that's the long and short of it.
Old 02-22-2011, 06:11 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here are the problems with your original statement:

1.) Your pets are not completely useless.

2.)The lowering of their ability to generate agro and take agro away from their owner has been reduced on purpose so it's not a bug.

3.) They might tinker with the mechanic some more but chances are you are going to have to root the mobs anyway. You shouldn't have a problem landing root on anything you can effectively solo. You should be pulling with tash and casting root as soon as tash lands. You want to get hit so that the pet will start attacking it and root is there so you can sit to meditate as quickly as possible. That is how you play an enchanter. Different levels bring different tricks but that's the long and short of it.
Ok point 2 where you say the ability to generate aggro and take aggro away was reduced on purpose? Where did you get this info? I never saw any patch notes reflecting this. Only a hotfix as to what they had to fix. Are you a dev? I'm not insulting , just asking where you got this information? I too, would like to be better informed as then I would not have posted about this if I had known it was "intended". Ie we got nerfed hard.

Quote:
Old 02-22-2011, 08:18 PM
Sarnak

still waiting on guineapigs reply...

Quote: