Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2018, 10:48 AM
Banned

Default Kronos III

Coming this friday, will have nerfed quest exp to what it was back during the original launch so if you want to play the P99 version of classic wow this will be for you. I plan on making an orc warrior and learning everything i can before blizzard releases their official server.
Old 03-28-2018, 11:14 AM
Banned

I wish I had the mental stamina to play classic wow pvp.
Old 03-28-2018, 11:51 AM
Fire Giant

Nah. Server is run by a Czech outfit and the physical location is in a nation that gave NA / EU trade laws the middle finger involving private servers. The Twinstar staff has been the last man standing 3 times over the course of different private Vanilla servers going to crap or getting C&D's that shut them down.

The server has a vpn/proxy ban in place that keeps out mainland China players so that's a point in Kronos' favor in a huge way. The scripting is very good but not perfect in some cases. Some of the open world mobs get 'stuck' in world geometry rarely, which looks bush league as all hell when it happens. Pet pathing is only mediocre as well. Most of the class ability mechanics + talents + item interaction are top notch though. It's the only Vanilla server that has correct pre BC rage generation in place for warriors and bears, as well as having correct Troll Priest Shadowguard spell proc interaction with shadow weaving, blackout, and spellpower gains from temp buff sources. That spell has always been a pain because Stock Mang0s drew Shadowguard mechanics from Wands and has issues with effect ownership, requiring hand written code to solve it.

The Dungeon instances are exceptionally well scripted. Glancing blows were finally correctly coded as well. But I'm done singing the praises of the Kronos project as I just want to play Blizzard Classic on a North American server with other 1st world players of my region and leave the whole private server business behind.
Old 03-29-2018, 09:31 AM
Planar Protector

I'm just going to wait for WoW:Classic and give the emotional European emulator scene the bird.

I don't see how people keep falling for these classic servers. It's a scheme to sell gold,. get the server taken offline and start all over again.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 03-29-2018, 10:26 AM
Banned

It should stop at the 1st one. Forever.
Old 03-30-2018, 01:07 PM
Banned

Launches tomorrow morning at 8am EST, starts at the earliest patch, no diremaul, no molten core, no raids, no anything but leveling and open world pvp for a few months. You can find the timeline here at http://www.kronos-wow.com/2018/01/28...d-itemization/

Hit me up @Lantherion2945 on discord if your gonna play.
Old 03-31-2018, 02:21 AM
Planar Protector

RMT-minus 24 hours