Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 03:42 AM
Kobold

Default Starting a Enchanter...

So I am very familiar with just about every class gear wise. But I am baffled when it comes to gearing a Enchanter. I am looking to twink one and I am aware of the stats for one...
Guess my question is anyone know the perfect twink items for each slot?
*Keeping it under 30k*

Ears:
Head:
Face:
Chest:
Neck:
Arms:
Belt:
Back:
Shoulders:
Legs:
Hands:
Wrists:
Feet:
Rings:
Primary:
Secondary:
and Range: ?
I would gladly reward anyone with a PM of a good Enchanter gear list I USE.

Sincerely,

Evilbob the Enchanter Newb.
Last edited by Evilbob; 03-17-2011 at 03:45 AM..
Old 03-17-2011, 03:53 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Ears - Opalline Earring
Fingers - Golden Star Ruby Ring
Neck - Gypsy Medallion, Cat Eye Platinum Necklace, Split Paw Tooth Necklace
Head - Savant's Cap, Runed Cowl, Siryn Hair Hood, Crown of King Tranix
Mask - Incandescent Mask, Platinum Star Ruby Veil
Chest - Noble's Robes, Robe of the Oracle, Shining Metallic Robes, Robe of the Ishva
Arms - Gatorscale Sleeves, Embroidered Black Sleeves, Hollowed Bone Bracers
Back - Mystic Cloak, Molten Cloak
Waist - Braided Cinch Cord
Shoulders - Embroidered Black Cape, Lizardscale Mantle, Gilded Cloth
Wrists - Golden Cat Eye Bracelet
Legs - Drake-Hide Leggings
Hands - Impskin Gloves, Dusty Bloodstained Gloves
Feet - Golden Efreeti Boots, Wolf Fur Slippers
Primary - Rod of Insidious Glamour, Stein of Moggok, Glowing Black Stone, Glowing Torch
Secondary - Crude Stein, Rokyls Channelling Crystal, Stein of Moggok, Glowing Black Stone, Glowing Torch
Range - Dragoon Dirk
Old 03-17-2011, 04:21 AM
Fire Giant

just FYI that build will give you probably around 200cha and 140int lol which wont do a damn thing for you until 39 when your charm starts to become useful (even at 39 i am still soloing using my pet and stun, and there is NOTHING more efficient then that so far

I suggest you using your moneys to purchase health/mana/int gear first, then you can swap that stuff for CHA as needed.

Asher
Old 03-17-2011, 04:28 AM
Kobold

Appreciate the replies, found some useful information.

Im not worried about a lowbie and high lvl build, just top 50 gear i can get on. PL'ing my enchanter to 50 anyways (Not boxing or pl'ing myself)
Old 03-17-2011, 06:22 AM
Planar Protector

Cha gear is next to useless when you're not charming. Go hp/mana/int.

So if you're PLing, then you won't want cha gear, but mana. Cha gear is cheap as hell too.

I enchant things...
Old 03-17-2011, 06:56 AM
Planar Protector

Especially until mid-30s and above, hp/mana gear is incredibly useful. Int is secondary to those things until mid-late 30s.

And even then, as a chanter, you'll still want a good amount of hp...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:31 AM
Kobold

dont forget you only need about 176 CHA , with radiant visage you will get to 201 cha, so you can invest in your mana pool [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-17-2011, 09:15 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevGrousis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
just FYI that build will give you probably around 200cha and 140int lol which wont do a damn thing for you until 39 when your charm starts to become useful (even at 39 i am still soloing using my pet and stun, and there is NOTHING more efficient then that so far

I suggest you using your moneys to purchase health/mana/int gear first, then you can swap that stuff for CHA as needed.

I've kept hearing that from everyone all the time; how charming at low levels with an enchanter just didn't work. For a non-twink this is true, as even with cheap charisma gear their charisma will not be anywhere 255 until much later.

The reason most people say the first real good charm is Allure at lvl 49 is because you also get Adorning Grace at lvl 49 which is an awesome charisma buff.

I made an enchanter twink because I wanted to see for myself what was true and what was rumor. He's a High Elf and all the starting stats were put into charisma. All the gear I got him was biased towards charisma when I could, hp/mana when I could not. Iirc, he had 217 charisma unbuffed at lvl 1 (so with adorning grace was well over 255).

I started charming at lvl 12, and I kept on charming all the way through 50. From my experience, there are 3 things to consider when charming.

1) your charisma total, no 200 isn't enough, there is even a difference between 240 and 255.

2) Your level vs. the mob's level. Reds will break all the time, yellows are very dangerous, even whites can be unreliable, dark blue all the way, and even a nice light blue rogue mob with 2 weapons equipped can greatly add to a group's dps without adding much risk.

3) Your level vs. the lvl of charm you're using. This is something I learned through first hand experience; always use the lowest level charm possible. By doing this you will use less mana, it takes less time to cast, less chance of a fizzle, and for some reason it consistently holds longer than higher level ones. I've tested it time and time again, on the same mob, with my most recent charm and the lower level one, and the lower level one was infinitely more mana efficient for the duration it gave.

All throughout this charming career, I usually grouped anyway, because it was less stressful on a charm break, the charmed pet does more damage when it's not tanking, and it is less lonely. Every single time I grouped with a new person they would say "I thought charming at low levels didn't work" and then would see that in fact it works very well, when appropriately geared and informed.

I know it's a bit of a derail, but I thought I'd share this little gem for all the charming enthusiasts who have been discouraged by rumors and falsetruths!

cheers!
Old 03-17-2011, 09:23 AM
Aviak

I really enjoyed leveling my enchanter. That was with charming - and yes it was after the nerf(s). But I always duo'ed with my cleric friend, so it was all good [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Here is what I use and what I [want] to use:

Ears: Opalline Earings x 2 (cheap) / [Black Sapphire Earrings]
Head: Crown of King Tranix (4-5k ish?)
Face: Incandescent Mask
Chest: SMR (4k'ish?) / [Robe of the Ishva, 8-9k'ish]
Neck:Cat Eye Platinum Necklace (cheap) / [Black Sapphire Neck]
Arms: Gatorscale sleeves [cheap]
Belt:Braided Cinch Cord [cheap]
Back: Mystic cloak (if you want to quest it) or Molten Cloak
Shoulders: Embroidered Black Cape (cheap)
Legs: Drake-hide Leggings (cheap)
Hands: Incandescent Gloves
Wrists: Golden Cat Eye Bracelet (cheap) / [Golden bracer thing] (int ones)
Feet: GEBs (5-6k)
Rings: Golden Star Ruby Ring (cheap) / Considering to get 5ac 55hp ones
Primary: Rod of Insidious Glamour
Secondary: Crude Stein
and Range:

For 30k you can probably get the best gear. I would advise you to stack cha gear if you want to charm. Charming is fun as hell and can be challenging. But you need a healer with you to be efficient.

And what #7 said. I also starting charming at lvl 12 and all the way to 50. And yes, dark blues and just haste the motherfuckers and you are gtg. My enchanter is erudite and just put all the cha I could into the stats. That way you only have 5 less cha than a HIE but alot more int.
Last edited by Bakaris; 03-17-2011 at 09:28 AM..
Old 03-17-2011, 09:57 AM
Banned

ench sux make shm
Closed Thread