Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2018, 04:22 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Suggestions for leveling via dungeons and grouping?

My friend and I are starting a SK/shaman combo in an attempt to be able to throw a group together just about anywhere. We are both Iksar so I figured we'd start in FoB and do that to 9 where we both get a power spike and then head out into the world. Kurn's is obviously the first thing that comes to mind when leveling Iksars but we are quite opening to challenging the rest of the world, as we would like to be able to enter major cities without being KoS at some point.

What suggestions do you have? Thanks!
Old 07-09-2018, 07:13 PM
Kobold

You could try doing a bit of leveling in the warrens which would open up paineel as a home to sell and bank at. It's also close to rings and spires for porting purposes.
Old 07-09-2018, 07:27 PM
Planar Protector

While it's not as good for full 6-man groups, if you and your friend want to duo the Per-Level Hunting Guide in the wiki is full of ideas for places to go. There's a link to it below in my signature.

As far as faction goes, it's hard to beat the newbie dungeons. Crushbone will make the elves and dwarves like you, the Warrens will make both the good and evil Erudites like you, and Blackburrow will make the residents of Qeynos, Jagged Pine, and/or their Barbarian neighbors to the north like you.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 07-09-2018 at 07:30 PM..
Old 07-09-2018, 07:43 PM
Aviak

I'm trying to mostly stick with dungeons as I level my necro. I did Kurn's followed by the Warrens as suggested above to allow me to use Paineel for banking and spells. Then on to Najena, Sol A, and am now in Lower Guk. I'm having fun and get a good exp modifier as well.

Voce Andante
60 Bard
Old 07-10-2018, 04:09 PM
Planar Protector

I'd stick in "The Pit" of FOB until 11/12 and head to Kurns until the late teens. If you can ding 20 by neighboring zones the SK can train meditate, dodge and double-attack and the sham will have meditate and dodge.

After that I would probably catch a ride to upper guk with enough food to tide you over. If you have some cash grabbing a few cloudy potions for the Sham and nerfed Circlet of Shadows (about 200p) for the SK would make lvl 20-29 easier for getting around.

At level 30 you should return back to train riposte for the sk and specialization for the sham. At that point so long as you can buy spells/food/water you can grind wherever you want.

If you are looking for a good place to bank you might consider grouping mid 20's to 35 in Highkeep. That should make you fairly friendly with Rivervale (not with cleric or druid guild tho). Bandage hand-in quest in Misty should get you to the point you can vendor/bank in Misty though the druid/cleric NPC's will still hate you. There are a couple pathing NPC's in misty that are on druid faction...I'd prob do the bandage quest and invis back to RV.

When in doubt invis up, target a npc, and back up to "consider" it from a distance. Don't just assume all is good.
Old 07-15-2018, 09:34 AM
Sarnak

What snaggles said. Level 9 is too low of a level for it to be worth leaving cabilis behind for a world full of cities you can't use.
Old 07-18-2018, 02:14 PM
Sarnak

Kurns until 20/21 -> upper guk until low 30s -> sol a until 45 ish

Great zone modifiers, uguk and sol a are not over camped so easy to find plenty of stuff to kill.

Doesn't help you w/ city faction though. You might as well go kill east freeport guards in your 40s to open up banking w/ freeport and call it a day.
Old 07-18-2018, 02:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgarin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You could try doing a bit of leveling in the warrens which would open up paineel as a home to sell and bank at. It's also close to rings and spires for porting purposes.
I also suggest the Warrens. Soooooo many kobolds haha. Never ever a fear of not enough mobs. Oh man and if you can find a druid or mage to get a DS from, this zone is the best!
Closed Thread