Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 05-17-2011, 11:51 AM
Aviak

Default Full screen keeps exiting

I have a strange issue. Anytime I run the EQ client in full screen mode, if I click anywhere on the left side of the screen it will close the client and minimize it.

This is a big problem as clicking any of my spell icons on the left will automatically shrink my full screen window down to the taskbar.

Anyone have any clues into why this is happening? Very strange.
Old 05-17-2011, 12:03 PM
Sarnak

you should set hotkeys for your spells so you dont have to click your gems. I have no idea why the client is doing this for you though. I have to run in windowed or my game won't even start.
Gakruk - Troll Shaman
Old 05-17-2011, 12:04 PM
Planar Protector

I have my spell gem bar on the lower left side of my screen, which puts my "spellbook" button immediately on top of my Vista Start/Windows button. I have clicked the "spellbook" button before and had EQ minimize to desktop as the Windows Start menu pops up.

Are you running your taskbar along the left edge of your computer instead of the bottom? A misclick in this instance would explain why you are randomly minimizing EQ. Is EQ crashing and closing or is it merely minimizing to desktop? Is your windows start button popping up every time EQ minimizes?
Old 05-17-2011, 12:15 PM
Orc

Are you running on Vista or Windows 7? If so, go to the Properties of your EQ shortcut, and check the box to "Run in Compatibility Mode" and ensure Windows XP Service Pack 3 (or 2) is selected in the dropdown beside it.

This fixed the issue on my client.
Old 05-17-2011, 01:03 PM
Kobold

While in windowed - open options(alt o), click video modes and select the resolution you want; then click switch to full screen; finally click the accept/ok on the video mode popup.

I'm not sure why, but this seems to fix the issue.
Old 05-19-2011, 11:10 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2sky2003 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you running on Vista or Windows 7? If so, go to the Properties of your EQ shortcut, and check the box to "Run in Compatibility Mode" and ensure Windows XP Service Pack 3 (or 2) is selected in the dropdown beside it.

This fixed the issue on my client.
This works. Thanks for the post, I was having the same issue, and I didn't even think about compatability.