Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 09:08 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Not a whine but can we please fix melee?

Sorry but there is no way a monk with full cured silk and a scepter of Rhaotep should get owned by a light blue scarab. At this point I should be able to solo low DBs with 50% health.
Old 10-28-2009, 09:23 PM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

This is base emu code that we're using, so unless something is off in the rules values, this is fairly much emu wide.
Old 10-28-2009, 09:33 PM
Fire Giant

Thank you for the comment. I am now quitting my monk after hearing that though, as they are worthless.

Mugatoo <Center For Ants>
45 Iksar Monk

"You can all go to hell, I'm going to Texas."
Old 10-28-2009, 09:54 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by girth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thank you for the comment. I am now quitting my monk after hearing that though, as they are worthless.
I've been told monks with worthless on live pre Kunark.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:05 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadder [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've been told monks with worthless on live pre Kunark.
If you're serious - that's such a joke - lol. Monks were quite good in classic pre kunark. Mages, actually, were rather shunned in groups - seem unbelievable? It's not.

Monk Fists are like 14/30 at level 50, making them the best dual wieldable weapons in the game, minus the fanged skull stilleto, which I believe only dropped from GM events.

Monks useless on this server? So far, unfortunately, yes. On live pre kunark? Heavens no.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:41 PM
Skeleton

There has to be something different here than other emus, cause in the numerous servers I've frequented previously, I've never received the pounding I do here. Blue cons hit over 90% of the time and do max damage at least half the time.

After a week of going nowhere in game, I'm going to take a break from 1999 but keep my eyes on the board to see if a solution can be reached.

Good Luck my melee brothers and sisters [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-28-2009, 11:06 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolwind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is base emu code that we're using, so unless something is off in the rules values, this is fairly much emu wide.
Well this is better than your old "This is EQEMU's fault. Not ours". [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'm still waiting for a message from Nilbog or you or whomever, would love to go through and see what changes were done so we can identify these sort of complaints easier... I hear Rogean is on, and another dev, but I am unsure they have the time to do these sort of things... Once isolated that it isn't due to a value change on P1999, there can perhaps be solutions to ensure the formula curves properly for this server.

Thus far I think the typical answer to broken things is: "The DB editors (not developers) of P1999 accidentally changed a value and screwed it up, but we aren't even aware of what happened, nor do we know how to solve it exactly." But it's not really your fault, instead it's the fact that there isn't a dev going through to ensure everything is nice and balanced and things being tweaked with no horrific side effects.
Last edited by Shin Noir; 10-28-2009 at 11:10 PM..
Old 10-28-2009, 11:09 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shin Noir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well this is better than your old "This is EQEMU's fault. Not ours". [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'm still waiting for a message from Nilbog or you or whomever, would love to go through and see what changes were done so we can identify these sort of complaints easier... I hear Rogean is on, and another dev, but I am unsure they have the time to do these sort of things... Once isolated that it isn't due to a value change on PEQ, there can perhaps be solutions to ensure the formula curves properly.
Shin our saviour! It's because of you our hit rate was fixed!

Please let Shin assist you guys. For the sake of all melee, please!
Old 10-28-2009, 11:12 PM
Skeleton

aww, you quoted me. Now Rogean is going to slit my throat for calling it "PEQ". [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-28-2009, 11:17 PM
Developer

Just some sort of comment that it is being worked on would help.

All we seem to hear is another version of "Working as intended".

It really is starting to feel like classic now.
Closed Thread