Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 10:09 AM
Sarnak

Default Shaman power level?

Seen a number of people asking for shamans to PL them and that they are a very good class for it. Just wondering how they pwr level? Thanks in advance all!
Old 03-11-2012, 10:33 AM
Sarnak

Buffs, roots, regen, heals, and they can wear something down and then gate out while the dots finish it off, giving the other person poking at it full exp.

But personally I think Druids are still better for it, simply because of their damage shields.
Old 03-11-2012, 11:53 AM
Planar Protector

Druid is gunna be best 1-30 or so for pretty much any class. After 30, a druid can PL melees upwards of 45, but the melee's gear and class becomes more and more important as they get higher in level. At some point the trade off between DS and haste will become apparent. If you are comparing a 60 shaman to a 60 druid, then spells like torpor start to come into play and can make a big difference. On the other hand, so can the druid regen/mana-regen self buffs/tree form and a manastone if they have one.
Old 03-11-2012, 12:26 PM
Sarnak

Uh... we forget chanters? with goblin gauzughi ring chanter can pl high lvls way faster than any class.. did my lvl 42 druid friend to 44 in a few hour sesh in DL... root and haste higher lvl spider and just bring in charms to get torn up by him.. click invis ring when they at 5%. druid gets killshot, repeat. we were going through about 5 mobs a min seemed like... and way easy
Old 03-11-2012, 12:27 PM
Orc

Maybe druid pl is better at lower level, but it is still doable with a Shammy. Buff the melee char to max and once the mob has passed 50% hp, send in pet to kill it. For the shammy pl to be effective (fast killing), it still requires the lowbie to get some decent dps by itself.
Old 03-11-2012, 12:28 PM
Sarnak

and with chanter manataping spider its was nonstop, no med breaks. the druid had a hard enough time keepin mana up for killshots
Old 03-11-2012, 01:13 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Buffs, roots, regen, heals, and they can wear something down and then gate out while the dots finish it off, giving the other person poking at it full exp.

But personally I think Druids are still better for it, simply because of their damage shields.
stick to snitchin and dont speak about stuff you have no clue about. Thank you. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-11-2012, 02:02 PM
Sarnak

I can PL pretty well from 0-20 on my necro, first kill is instant lv 4-5 depending on xp penalty.
Old 03-11-2012, 02:09 PM
Sarnak

So does anyone have an actual way they pwr level? I see dots/root/heals/haste, i just dont see how this is better than either monks or druids. and if there not melee how do they pwr level them at all since haste will not help them. Thanks for any advise you have!
Old 03-11-2012, 02:41 PM
Fire Giant

I've seen the following method:

Shaman: Fully buff yourself with all the HP and Regen buffs you have. Root a mob, preferably one that will give mega xp to your counterpart, but will never resist your root. Slow the mob.

Power levelee: Get hasted, augmented, whatever, and do 51% of the damage to the mob. Once that is done, the shaman will nuke it down and get you full XP.

I don't know how well that works for non-DPS classes, but it works great for Monks and Rogues.
Closed Thread