Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 04:07 PM
Orc

Default New player introduction

Hi friends,

Used to play EQ from it's start in early 1999 to 2005ish. Went back to check it out on F2P and as you all know it's horrible now, lol. Heard about progression servers, googled and found this place 4 days ago. My old home of Freeport is back, and I'm struggling to just stay alive again ... I love it!

I am more of a casual gamer even though I'll be on a lot. I prefer the journey and the camaraderie - not interested in "the race" to see who can level or gear up fastest - just here to have fun and make some new friends.

Currently I'm a healer of the tenth circle of light so if you'd like to group send me a tell, Dalron same as here. If you see me stop and say hello for a buff and a brew!

Good hunting all,
Dalron

P.S. - I was Garon on Luclin server if there are any old friends here.
Old 08-21-2012, 04:09 PM
Orc

Welcome aboard, mate! I just hopped on not too long ago and am loving the nostalgia.
Dethby in game, but I'm leveling over in Qeynos, unfortunately. Glad to have you on board!
Old 08-21-2012, 04:12 PM
Sarnak

Welcome to the party. There are tons of p99 players with your mindset and casual play schedule. Avoid the jerks and make some good friends. Aside from a small percentage of people here, most people are extremely friendly and helpful.
Old 08-21-2012, 05:13 PM
Planar Protector

Welcome!
Old 08-21-2012, 05:54 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi friends,

Used to play EQ from it's start in early 1999 to 2005ish. Went back to check it out on F2P and as you all know it's horrible now, lol. Heard about progression servers, googled and found this place 4 days ago. My old home of Freeport is back, and I'm struggling to just stay alive again ... I love it!

I am more of a casual gamer even though I'll be on a lot. I prefer the journey and the camaraderie - not interested in "the race" to see who can level or gear up fastest - just here to have fun and make some new friends.

Currently I'm a healer of the tenth circle of light so if you'd like to group send me a tell, Dalron same as here. If you see me stop and say hello for a buff and a brew!

Good hunting all,
Dalron

P.S. - I was Garon on Luclin server if there are any old friends here.
Send a tell to Menlaas and I might have something stashed away that you could use. Welcome to the server!
Old 08-21-2012, 07:42 PM
Fire Giant

Feel free to send me a tell on any of my chars in my Sig if you need someone to talk to or any help! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Valkommen Farval - 57 Epic Human Preserver
Eddey Lizzard - 53 Iksar Champion
Wiliamm Wallace - 49 Epic Barbarian Rogue
Shaman Epic Faction Service
<Europa>
Old 08-22-2012, 07:00 AM
Planar Protector

Welcome to the server-

if you have anyquestions or anything please hit up the Defiler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

-Shinko The Defiler

-Shinko Guild Leader <Safe Space> Green
Old 08-22-2012, 08:38 AM
Orc

Thanks for the welcomes both here and in game. And thank you for the offers of items and/or plat here and in game also. A couple people even hunted me down in Freeport to say hello and offer a few pp to help out. It means a lot to be on a good server with some good friendly people. However, I'm trying to recapture the old feeling of having to work your way up the hard way like I had to in the very beginning since there was no one higher up to twink you at all. I'm one of the few who enjoys the struggle to survive at the beginning! And 10 or 20 pp really changes that experience, but I do honestly thank everyone for the offers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I've never even twinked an alt, not even with a single gp lol. Call me crazy but the very early struggles are some of the most fun parts of the game for me.

Good hunting all,
Dalron
Old 08-22-2012, 04:12 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for the welcomes both here and in game. And thank you for the offers of items and/or plat here and in game also. A couple people even hunted me down in Freeport to say hello and offer a few pp to help out. It means a lot to be on a good server with some good friendly people. However, I'm trying to recapture the old feeling of having to work your way up the hard way like I had to in the very beginning since there was no one higher up to twink you at all. I'm one of the few who enjoys the struggle to survive at the beginning! And 10 or 20 pp really changes that experience, but I do honestly thank everyone for the offers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I've never even twinked an alt, not even with a single gp lol. Call me crazy but the very early struggles are some of the most fun parts of the game for me.

Good hunting all,
Dalron
Welcome dude! I just started here a couple weeks ago myself. Send me a tell and let's group up!

Obeehwan
Old 08-22-2012, 05:20 PM
Banned

welcome to the party
Closed Thread