Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 10:41 PM
Kobold

Default Ogre Warrior, Is it the only option?

Just by the fact of no frontal stun?

I made a Dark elf Warrior and at lv 1 a moss snake stunned me and I began to wonder...Does this become a problem say when tanking a dragon/God/raid mob later on?

Is making an Ogre a no brainier or could any warrior tank just fine throughout the fight without the problem of being stunned and losing aggro?

Sorry for such a noob question but first time playing a tank.

Thanks in advance
Old 01-29-2013, 11:11 PM
Decaying Skeleton

IMO Ogre war is best war. They have great base stats, can't be stunned from front, and can use slam. They are huge though and it can be difficult to traverse some zones because of their height. They also are evil, and they have a terrible newbie zone. Just dump all your points into Dex and play an Ogre. Rallos Zek is the God of War after all, and he created Ogres. It just makes sense.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:56 PM
Aviak

i love my halfy warrior!
Old 01-30-2013, 02:14 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimhoff06 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
IMO Ogre war is best war. They have great base stats, can't be stunned from front, and can use slam. They are huge though and it can be difficult to traverse some zones because of their height. They also are evil, and they have a terrible newbie zone. Just dump all your points into Dex and play an Ogre. Rallos Zek is the God of War after all, and he created Ogres. It just makes sense.
Ogres aren't evil, just really dumb. They do make the best Warriors though, I agree. Frontal stun immunity, insanely high Str/Sta, and Slam. Get Sta to 150, rest into Dex or Agi and you're set.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:18 AM
Planar Protector

Iksar race best race
Old 01-30-2013, 09:04 AM
Sarnak

ogre is by far the best. there is no reason to play any other class beneficially in terms of game mechanics, stats or strategy aside from that of the ogre war.

any other race is completely cosmetic, and certain races suffer more than others. Ogre is the true benchmark
Old 01-30-2013, 11:06 AM
Planar Protector

if you make an ogre warrior, all points into dex or you're going to hate yourself.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimhoff06 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
they have a terrible newbie zone
This is so off-base! The Feerrott is great - plentiful mobs, lots of merchants right there for you, practically no high-level roamers, and frogloks and lizardmen drop a LOT of money/loot for level 1 mobs. By the time you're 5 or so you might have enough plat to get your first proc weapon.
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 01-30-2013, 12:35 PM
Kobold

Agreed Estuk! Don't call our homeland a "crap newbie zone" ! Feerott FTW! YES, the whistles make you go crazy in 30 secs and YES you can't see crap when it rains BUT, it could be worse, it could be the Innothule Swamps! (which by the way is an AWESOME newbie zone too and right next to it, awesome netted & mesh drops, and great for lvling swimming.. But then it's a lot of time lost swimming around. xD)
Old 01-30-2013, 02:14 PM
Aviak

How many people does it take to tank a dragon or god?