PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Ball of Golem Clay and Amulet of Necropotence illusions

Nirgon
02-28-2013, 01:09 PM
For a time in classic, being in skeleton illusion would get you attacked by guards. Heck, being hit with ignite bones would make you look like a skeleton for a time and cause them to attack. However, sometime into late classic or into Kunark, this was changed. The resulting fix made skeletons acceptable in many places, regardless of previous racial/religious alignment.

Source (http://web.archive.org/web/20010210102813/http://www.graffe.com/quests/fiery_avenger_type/halas.htm)

If you don't have any luck getting the Golem Clay or an Amulet of Necropotence is out of your reach, you can always get a friend with good faction to Dargon do the potion part of the quest for you.

I know that here, I was correctly able to use the ball of golem clay to finish my Mystic Cloak (both servers) as an evil wizard. The amulet should provide the same faction adjustment as the ball.

Hey look a PvE "buff" for once.

Sundawg
02-28-2013, 01:50 PM
Its already like that here for the most part, though not exactly how you describe. Elemental and Skeleton are not always the same though, often they can be radically different.

Nirgon
02-28-2013, 01:55 PM
Try Amulet in Halas

arsenalpow
02-28-2013, 03:23 PM
AoN is beneficial for buying from merchants, also I went from KoS to being able to get an elevator key in paineel on my iksar necro with skelly form.

Nirgon
02-28-2013, 03:30 PM
^ okay now that's classic. Paineel loves them some undead.

The biter, though, is most towns in Norrath would attack people in Skele form in classic or skeleton pets.

Classic EQ is fading from the internet pals, not even the way back can get me into eq cleric's or the old archives :(.

But... there is hope. Real hope... that... would have to be seriously discussed... (and it isn't just always listen to Nirgon either..).

Nirgon
03-05-2013, 02:00 PM
Aha!

Found illusions making players kill on sight in towns for the classic era.

Source (http://www.oocities.org/xymarra/Strategy/EnchanterStrategy.html)

•Elemental, wolf, skeleton and imp forms are not welcome in many towns. Check your factions carefully before you use an illusion form near NPCs who are not normally hostile. Target one of them and move far away to test the spell.

^ I underlined many. The necro guilds would allow you to summon skeletons, or pets in the mage guild but running through the town with a skeleton pet was a great way to get the shit beat outta you :P. More here that it wasn't ALL NPCs in towns that would freak out on skeletons, just certain ones..

More era relavant info within post:

After this change

Obsolete: After level 35, you don't need to stare at your spell book to meditate.
Now, nobody has to stare at a spell book to meditate. Once you have trained the Meditation skill at level 4, you will automatically meditate when you sit down.

But around here:

Ducking while casting cancels the spell. Due to a recent change, ducking now immediately cancels your current spell cast. If you find yourself in the middle of a long cast, you can rapidly hit your duck key twice and be ready to cast another spell or sit down to meditate.

Note, RECENT change, so this holds well into Velious.

This illusion stuff needs a look but I definitely recall people in fire elemental form getting attacked, or skeletons pets coming through good race cities getting stomped and the player beat down by the guard train.

Necro amulet was special. NPCs that wouldn't ordinarily attack a skeleton you trained by wouldn't bother it (epic mobs for instance, singular purpose) but guards, cleric and paladin guild leaders obviously...

Definitely something to make your decision to look like a skeleton/elemental/werewolf or have one under your command in good aligned cities a careful one.

This appeared to be a document in progress and I can find some non-trilogy stuff in here, but it says don't charm on raids etc which I recall too. No one in their right mind (even in max cha gear) would have a charmed pet in plane of hate on live :P.