PDA

View Full Version : NPC Spawn Issue: Ancient Cyclops

darkblade717
06-25-2010, 10:41 AM
Currently approaching hour 21 in South Ro camping an ancient cyclops for JBoots quest. Statistically he should spawn at least once every 5 hours (10% chance). Also, occasionally a spawn will skip the cycle. The timer is also off, it is taking several minutes longer than the actual time on EverQuest (30.6666666666 minutes) ancient cyclops loop took to spawn.

I've seen Sandgiant Husam more times that I can count, gained almost an entire level, and made 1k solely off of Sand Giants, and before anyone says anything stupid like 'kill the undead in the tower' or whatever else...Prathun spilled the beans a while ago about how AC works. Straight up 30.6~ spawn timer on the Sandgiant Husam loop. If P99 isn't set up the same way, well then it just isn't classic EQ now is it?

girth
06-25-2010, 11:00 AM
He can only spawn at night, did you know this? The 30.6 spawn timer is almost dead on here, and I can attest to this(I would set timers and log back in to have it spawn perfectly). I have spent hours and hours at that camp and have seen AC spawn. Also I don't believe Husam is a PH for him on here:

ENCOUNTER_DESCRIPTION SROHusamAncientNightfall
MONSTER_1_NAME a_desert_madman
MONSTER_1_NIGHT_NAME an_ancient_cyclops
MONSTER_1_PERCENT 10
MONSTER_2_NAME a_sand_giant
MONSTER_2_NIGHT_NAME a_mummy
MONSTER_2_PERCENT 20
MONSTER_3_NAME a_sand_giant
MONSTER_3_PERCENT 10
MONSTER_4_NAME a_dervish_cutthroat
MONSTER_4_PERCENT 30
MONSTER_5_NAME a_desert_madman
MONSTER_5_PERCENT 30

darkblade717
06-25-2010, 11:05 AM
He can only spawn at night, did you know this? The 30.6 spawn timer is almost dead on here, and I can attest to this(I would set timers and log back in to have it spawn perfectly). I have spent hours and hours at that camp and have seen AC spawn. Also I don't believe Husam is a PH for him on here:

Yes. No, it isn't, it's off by a lot. Yes, he is, he's named in the top line.

girth
06-25-2010, 11:08 AM
He's named in the description, not in the actual spawn table. And no, its not off by a lot. Like I said I had that shit on lock down for at least 4 hours(just 1 session, I had probably 5 or 6 in SRO) and he spawned correctly each time. If you think its the incorrect time, then you are not doing the camp correctly.

3 mobs all spawn at the same point on that hill. The one with a 30.6 respawn timer is the correct PH. I also never saw the PH skip a cycle.

darkblade717
06-25-2010, 11:15 AM
He's named in the description, not in the actual spawn table. And no, its not off by a lot. Like I said I had that shit on lock down for at least 4 hours(just 1 session, I had probably 5 or 6 in SRO) and he spawned correctly each time. If you think its the incorrect time, then you are not doing the camp correctly.

3 mobs all spawn at the same point on that hill. The one with a 30.6 respawn timer is the correct PH. I also never saw the PH skip a cycle.

There's 4 mobs that all spawn at the same point. You may have 'had it on lock down' but someone could have fucked with the numbers since then accidentally and NOW they are wrong. One misplaced character in a code can change everything.

girth
06-25-2010, 11:15 AM
I also don't understand your math. Depending on the actual day/night hours on this server, which is stated to be 7am to 9pm at least in Kithikor(stated by a dev), you would have 1 10% chance every hour at the AC. How should he spawn at least every 5 hours?

Aeolwind
06-25-2010, 11:21 AM
It's not been messed with, your luck matches your attitude. =)

girth
06-25-2010, 11:21 AM
You need to start over IMO. Let everything respawn, all 3 mobs. Then kill them all relatively back to back if possible. The last one to spawn, which will take 30-31 minutes, is the correct PH. I have seen multiple ACs on here, have you?

eqholmes
06-25-2010, 11:28 AM
I think he lacks the understanding of stats, lets say it is 10% just because you killed him 9 times doesn't mean he will spawn that 10th time. Each kill and 10% spawn chance is a separate event. Such as flipping a coin, just because you get 10 tails in a row doesn’t mean you’re anymore likely to get a heads on that 11th flip, it’s still 50/50.

Holmes 50 Nerco DA
Gretzky 38 Ranger DA

girth
06-25-2010, 11:29 AM
He also cannot read that well. Or count. Poor guy.

Tinino
06-25-2010, 11:34 AM
I've been camping the AC with him today.
This camp is a real nightmare.
Wondering if it's worse than quillmane/pyjzn camps :)

eqholmes
06-25-2010, 11:39 AM
I know the OOT AC is a good bit tougher, but if you’re able to do that camp I would suggest it. If I was concerned about the spawn timer or trigger being broken, I would differently try the OOT.

rioisk
06-25-2010, 11:40 AM
Definitely do OOT camp it will save you the headache.

darkblade717
06-25-2010, 11:46 AM
I think he lacks the understanding of stats, lets say it is 10% just because you killed him 9 times doesn't mean he will spawn that 10th time. Each kill and 10% spawn chance is a separate event. Such as flipping a coin, just because you get 10 tails in a row doesn’t mean you’re anymore likely to get a heads on that 11th flip, it’s still 50/50.

Holmes 50 Nerco DA
Gretzky 38 Ranger DA

I said STATISTICALLY.

I also don't understand your math. Depending on the actual day/night hours on this server, which is stated to be 9am to 7pm at least in Kithikor(stated by a dev), you would have 1 10% chance every hour at the AC. How should he spawn at least every 5 hours?

Roughly 1 hour to each game day with ~10 cycles within those 5 hours (ignore the excess minutes). 10% chance yadda yadda you get the point.

You need to start over IMO. Let everything respawn, all 3 mobs. Then kill them all relatively back to back if possible. The last one to spawn, which will take 30-31 minutes, is the correct PH. I have seen multiple ACs on here, have you?

Starting over won't really accomplish anything when ALL of the mobs that spawn on the hill are getting killed at a time when they will respawn at night.

It's not been messed with, your luck matches your attitude. =)

Well something is wrong with something, and it isn't on my end. Smartass comment not needed, I OBVIOUSLY haven't slept in quite some time and am pretty frustrated with this thing, if you people can't realize that then just shut up.

astarothel
06-25-2010, 11:56 AM
I've seen Sandgiant Husam more times that I can count

If you're seeing him, then you're doing it wrong.
Keep in mind, night time is set from 9pm to 7am on P99.

Well something is wrong with something, and it isn't on my end.

Don't blame someone else when it is your own strategy or bad luck that is to blame.

eqholmes
06-25-2010, 12:01 PM
True, I wasn't trying to be an ass; I just meant that you could possibly just have some terrible luck, as you said it can even skip a cycle lowering your chances even greater. I would say go to OOT, from the sounds of it and with another person it is a viable option for you guys. I have gotten/helped camp the ring 3 times there and gotten it in under 6-7 hours every time. Also how anoying would it be if it did spawn and someone running through killed it? That is why I always hated the SRO one, lost at least 2 AC's on live due to people ks'ing.

Holmes 50 nerco DA
Gretzky 38 ranger DA

girth
06-25-2010, 12:47 PM
If you think there are 4 mobs that spawn in the same spot and that the PH is not a 30-31 minute timer, then yes something is wrong on your end.

Aeolwind
06-25-2010, 01:07 PM
Double checked the script, everything is in working order. I stand by my previous statement.

Kainzo
06-25-2010, 01:20 PM
I just got the jboots a few nights ago. This is working as it was on Live. Try hitting your head into the wall HARDER or FASTER, maybe both.

Ropethunder
06-25-2010, 04:45 PM
I've camped and gotten the ring in SRo and OOT more than one for myself and friends. There is nothing wrong with the spawn.

darkblade717
06-26-2010, 03:43 AM
True, I wasn't trying to be an ass; I just meant that you could possibly just have some terrible luck, as you said it can even skip a cycle lowering your chances even greater. I would say go to OOT, from the sounds of it and with another person it is a viable option for you guys. I have gotten/helped camp the ring 3 times there and gotten it in under 6-7 hours every time. Also how anoying would it be if it did spawn and someone running through killed it? That is why I always hated the SRO one, lost at least 2 AC's on live due to people ks'ing.

Holmes 50 nerco DA
Gretzky 38 ranger DA

I could probably handle the OoT camp (40 necro) provided someone else isn't already there. I had a friend sitting with me for a few hours last night to make sure I didn't get KSd during 'prime time'.

If you're seeing him, then you're doing it wrong.
Keep in mind, night time is set from 9pm to 7am on P99.

I've seen him at night and during the day. What am I doing wrong?

If you think there are 4 mobs that spawn in the same spot and that the PH is not a 30-31 minute timer, then yes something is wrong on your end.

Yea it was 3...30+ hours of no sleep and my positioning made it look like that random a zombie was in there, too.

What I don't understand is I'm doing the EXACT same thing I did when I got them on live with my SK and that only took 45 minutes.

darkblade717
06-26-2010, 12:10 PM
Got it today in OoT after a little over 6 hours. Two people after me camped AC for about another 20 hours in SRo, still has yet to spawn.

girth
06-26-2010, 02:35 PM
Grats. I was gonna tell you that the SRO AC is not the same here as it was on live. I believe they changed some of the rarer spawns(quillmane, sro AC, pyzjin) to not be exactly the same since developers from live spilled the beans on exactly what to do to spawn them.

I know that quillmane and sro ac have been figured out here, just have to talk to the right people.

Aeolwind
06-26-2010, 04:10 PM
Nope, 10%. Since the cycle is working, there is no reason for him not to pop. ID's & everything check out

Ropethunder
06-26-2010, 04:45 PM
Picked up the a spawn last week and it popped in 30 minutes. Came back the next day and got it in 3-4 hours.

AR3151
06-30-2010, 09:48 AM
Guess im not fully understanding this.

do you constantly keep killing all 3? or leave the 6 and 20 minute spawns alone and only kill the 3rd/PH?

astarothel
06-30-2010, 09:56 AM
There is no 6 minute timer at that location...

AR3151
06-30-2010, 10:01 AM
hmmm i promise there is, im sitting there now come out and see/help, im not arguing, i just keep hearing different things.

:(

mmiles8
06-30-2010, 10:37 AM
BRT

mmiles8
06-30-2010, 11:37 AM
All sorted out now.

Also I can confirm that the sand giant at that location is on a 6 minute timer. I can post the screenshot with the /time timestamps if anyone would like. I dont exactly know what the significance is of there being a 6 minute spawn at that point, but whether it's supposed to be or not, it is.

astarothel
06-30-2010, 11:45 AM
There should only be 3 mobs that share identical pathing.
Only mobs travelling between those two nodes matter.

10 minute timer: Desert Tarantula, Sand Giant, etc
20 minute timer: Dervish, Sand Giant, night:crypt mummy, etc
30 minute timer: AC table as listed.

There is an alternate spawn of desert madman/SG that paths through the DE traders camp, but he isn't for AC. Those are the only potential SG spawns that should be there on P99 afaik.

AR3151
06-30-2010, 11:47 AM
funny thing is its on a 6 min timer, oh well i know im at the right spot, so lets make him spawn!

astarothel
06-30-2010, 11:50 AM
if its on 6, then I would check it to the other two mobs timers to see if its even the right one.

AR3151
06-30-2010, 11:57 AM
ya i got it split up now, i just didnt know if me killing the others would help the AC spawn, but i have come to the conclusion no they dont lol

mmiles8
06-30-2010, 12:03 PM
http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq121/mmiles01/EQ000010.jpg

With the above post about blackburrow, this discrepancy, and my own experiences with some faster than usual spawn rates in a few areas lately, I'm beginning to wonder if spawn timers aren't borked currently?

AR3151
06-30-2010, 01:50 PM
sigh, 5 hours and a mummy and rest have been dervs, FML

kenzar
06-30-2010, 03:08 PM
If it takes u that long u are either doing it wrong, or have terrible luck.
here is how u do it: at 10am GAMEtime kill all the wandering derv, mummy, sand giant, or desert madman. only the wanderers will be the PH, i believe there are 3 of them, 2 of which will have a 6min respawn timer, leaving the remaining wanderer (I.E. the PH) with a 31min timer. If u kill the pathing mobs at 10AM GAMEtime that will leave u with a 31min wait til inGAME night time around 8p. if u kill them again at 8pm GAMEtime it leaves u 31min til 6AM giving a 20% every hour

mmiles8
06-30-2010, 03:10 PM
She's doing it right, I went there and made sure.

girth
06-30-2010, 04:38 PM
8pm is not night on this server.

Dev stated day was 7am-9pm, at least for Kith, i'm pretty sure its global.

AR3151
06-30-2010, 04:51 PM

thats good to know for sure.... i was trying to spawn him at 8pm, and 6am, need less to say after 8 hours im done for a while lol

girth
06-30-2010, 04:53 PM
So you had a 10% chance every hour, that's how I did the camp too(different times though, killed my PH at noon-2 GAMEtime). I saw him once, though I didn't get the kill. when I was higher level I went to OOT and got him in like 2 hours.

AR3151
06-30-2010, 04:53 PM
If it takes u that long u are either doing it wrong, or have terrible luck.
here is how u do it: at 10am GAMEtime kill all the wandering derv, mummy, sand giant, or desert madman. only the wanderers will be the PH, i believe there are 3 of them, 2 of which will have a 6min respawn timer, leaving the remaining wanderer (I.E. the PH) with a 31min timer. If u kill the pathing mobs at 10AM GAMEtime that will leave u with a 31min wait til inGAME night time around 8p. if u kill them again at 8pm GAMEtime it leaves u 31min til 6AM giving a 20% every hour

i have horrible luck, back on live i camped the OOT AC for 16 hours :(

i was doing it right.

astarothel
06-30-2010, 05:43 PM
thats good to know for sure.... i was trying to spawn him at 8pm, and 6am, need less to say after 8 hours im done for a while lol

Yeah, you want 9 and 7. I camped him for like 30 hours before I bothered to doublecheck what time night actually was here. After correcting that I got him first pop in the cycle :x

You *can* get a 7am pop here so done perfectly right you can get 2 chances in just over an hour.

Kill the PH at 11am.
Respawn is at 9pm.
Kill.
Respawn is 7am.
If not AC, wait to kill PH again until 11am.
Repeat.

For convenience I will usually keep the non AC spawns there obvious, and easy to kill (10m spider, 20m a derv that I give a crappy weapon to hold)

Jagsman32
07-02-2010, 02:12 AM
Why would 9 and 7 make a difference to 8 and 6? They are both at night.

*Confirmed. Camped AC 12 hours and nothing. Just changed spawn to 9 and 7 and he spawned.

mmiles8
07-02-2010, 05:51 AM

PhelanKA
08-01-2010, 01:42 AM

*Confirmed. Camped AC 12 hours and nothing. Just changed spawn to 9 and 7 and he spawned.

Confirmed as well. Just got mine tonite in SRO after 12 hours. Tried switchin to 8pm-6am spawn in the middle with no luck. Finally got on the 11am PH kill - 9pm spawn cycle two times around afterwards on the 9pm spawn.

rioisk
08-01-2010, 01:58 AM

Holmes 50 Nerco DA
Gretzky 38 Ranger DA

The expected value is still getting the spawn after 10 spawns.

PhelanKA
08-01-2010, 10:46 AM

No... It's not. Take a probability and statistics class please. You have just as much chance (10%) of getting the spawn on the first go around as you do on the 10th try.

eqholmes
08-01-2010, 12:14 PM

The "likely hood" it should spawn within 10 is a correct assumption, but the math on it doesn't change with time. At any given time the spawn will be 10% weather or not you have been there 20min or 20hours.

Truth be told I was being a bit of an ass when I stated it the first time, because I happen to have my one and only bad experience on this server with the chap that started the thread. I have since then gotten over it, been a good 7+ weeks.

Holmes 50 Nerco DA
Gretzky 50 Ranger DA

lindz
09-06-2010, 12:17 AM
Ok so just want to confirm this.

I have been sitting at the AC "camp", killing the 30.6 minute respawn at 11am each day, get the respawn at 9pm which I kill immediately so I can get a 7am spawn. As it has not been AC, I have left that PH up until 11am to start the cycle again and allow two possible spawns per night.

So far I have killed the PH 32 times. Now it could be just abysmal luck, or I am doing this wrong.

Help. :(

edit: Giving up for the night after 40 PH spawns (23 for today). We *must* be doing something wrong, this is just insane.

lindz
09-07-2010, 07:54 PM
We tried the 10am kill, 8pm kill, 6am respawn and leave it until 10 cycle today.

All together 30 hours now and still seen nothing. Going to have to move to OOT because we are obviously doing something wrong, I just have absolutely no idea what.

Uthgaard
09-07-2010, 10:36 PM
Tested.

Everything works.

Eyry
09-08-2010, 08:15 AM
Camping AC in SRO is a mind game, if you have posted here in regards to a bug, you have lost the game :(

masjaun
09-08-2010, 08:43 AM
Took my first character on live 48 hours (coffee and some short cat naps at the key board) in Najena, waiting in line for the boots. Then it took me a whole month off and on to get the AC to spawn in So Ro for my second character. My third character, I got a real life lvl 50 mage friend to clear out the northern part of the zone, he spawned in an hour from doing that.

lindz
09-08-2010, 11:55 AM
Oh I don't feel it is a bug, I know it is just awful luck on our part. I was just asking for confirmation on that strategy we are using since there are those who swear by the 11/9/7 and those who swear by the 10/8/6 times.

It makes me sad to hear my husbands stories of the AC on live when he tells me he got at least two of his rings just stumbling across the AC while pvping in sro. :(

Bashee_Feind
09-08-2010, 01:09 PM
Oh I don't feel it is a bug, I know it is just awful luck on our part. I was just asking for confirmation on that strategy we are using since there are those who swear by the 11/9/7 and those who swear by the 10/8/6 times.

It makes me sad to hear my husbands stories of the AC on live when he tells me he got at least two of his rings just stumbling across the AC while pvping in sro. :(

Alot of people stumble across him being up in sro. You get lowbies over there killing things, they kill the PH and the AC spawns. They can't kill it. It took me about 8 hours in Sro on my cleric. 18 minutes on my rogue in OOT.

Eyry
09-08-2010, 02:57 PM
It took me 8 beers and 4-5 hours in OOT. It was pretty good exp at level 39.

terragon
09-23-2010, 02:02 PM
Has anyone ever actually seen AC spawn at 7am? I look in the sky at that time - it does not look like nighttime. I don't know if the sky even matters - just wondering about when Night and Day start.

dali_lb
10-04-2010, 07:36 AM
All this only about SRO and OOT

What about the EK version ?

I havn't seen the PH mob on P99 for AC in EK

Raavak
10-04-2010, 08:58 AM
Not sure the EK one is in the game. From the Live dev posts I've read it was only there a short time. Some lower dev put it in until a higher dev noticed it and had him remove it the next patch or something.

The SK one is presumably in. I've heard people say they've seen it recently even.

Asher
10-04-2010, 12:39 PM
I didn't read through all the pages of this thread to see if someone already mentioned this but there is an offical post by an SoE GM stating how this cycle works with all of the PHs. Do a search in their forums.

Yitro 23 Wiz

Hoggen
10-10-2010, 11:06 PM
I got my AC at 7 am. I was mistakenly killing the PH at 8 pm, but maybe it took me a long time to kill it.

Proutos
10-16-2010, 08:52 AM
I just got the jboots a few nights ago. This is working as it was on Live. Try hitting your head into the wall HARDER or FASTER, maybe both.

I killed the AC on live maybe 50+ times, give the ring to my entire guild. First of all, the AC in SRO can spawn at multiple spot on live. Second he doesnt spawn only at night, he can spawn at any hour. There is many PH, he can pop anytime when you are killing the PH, there is like 3% chance he will pop after you kill a PH. Here it is a real pain in the ass. Go OOT dont loose your time in SRO, this is camped 25/24 8/7. OOT AC is way not as common than live too, took me 10 hours to get it here, normally i get 3-4 in 10 hours in OOT. Maybe i was very unlucky, i dont know. BTW, the Cyclops PH for the AC should have the exact same drop than the seafurry (gems) but they dont drop any.

eyashusa
01-14-2011, 05:14 PM
Bump.

Put in about 25 hours the past week trying to camp this thing in SRO. Figured it was my bad luck but people are now saying that it's broken.

Has anyone gotten the South Ro AC to spawn in the last week or so?

maegi
01-15-2011, 05:05 AM
yeah just got it to spawn at 10pm game time following th erule of killing the PH at 11 am

Badmartigan
01-16-2011, 09:32 PM
Bump.

Put in about 25 hours the past week trying to camp this thing in SRO. Figured it was my bad luck but people are now saying that it's broken.

Has anyone gotten the South Ro AC to spawn in the last week or so?

It's working as intended.. when it was broken the 31 min spawn was not poppinng.

You can be incredibly unlucky with the sro camp thats for sure.

Bigcountry23
01-17-2011, 12:16 AM
It's working as intended.. when it was broken the 31 min spawn was not poppinng.

You can be incredibly unlucky with the sro camp thats for sure.

Guildie got it on friday after about an hour of camping.

Rinyen
01-17-2011, 03:28 AM
I'm at the AC camp right now, have been all weekend. Part of that time was waiting on the list however. So far, it has been 30 hours that I know for sure, but the people that were 2 people ahead of me said they had not seen it for 10-15 hours. So for arguments sake, let's say 40 hours. So... 40 hours is 33.333 EQ days, which there are 2 chances per EQ day to spawn the AC, once at 9pm and once at 7am. This mean 66.667 chances, lets round down to 65, assuming one was missed due to KS or something, i dunno. So there is an independent 90% chance that the AC does NOT pop. This means, the probability of this actually happening to me right now is (0.9)^(65)=0.00106 , or a 0.1% chance that I am really just that unlucky... While this is possible, it is not probable. Please! can someone look at the spawn on this guy.... I am going crazy

Adorean
01-17-2011, 11:36 AM
Guildie got it just about an hour ago. Seems to be working

Rinyen
01-17-2011, 01:30 PM
*sigh* yeah, just heard, popped about an hour after I left the camp. This makes me think I was doing something wrong... but I don't know what it could be. I have only been killing the 30.66 min PH and leaving the other 2 up. I kill it at 11am, kill it again at 9pm, then if still no AC, leave the PH up til 11am and start again. Is there some secret that I'm missing?

Myrkskog
01-17-2011, 02:19 PM
You're just unlucky. Farm the 5k to get the boots, it's much faster.

Rinyen
01-17-2011, 04:21 PM

/agree

fischsemmel
01-17-2011, 07:14 PM

Just curious... how much plat can be farmed per hour?

Rinyen
01-18-2011, 02:08 AM
Just finishing another 12 hour adventure camping the AC. This will put my odds around the same as rolling about 70 6-sided dice and not rolling a single 1. I'm curious how percentile chance spawns work. I'm assuming they use the same random number generator as when you do a /ran. I am betting this is not a complicated random number generator and probably uses something like the system time to seed it. Can anyone confirm or deny this? Exactly when did you kill the PH at 11am? Was it instant, or did it take a few seconds? Do all rantings of 3-day AC campers sound like this? Any info appreciated. Thx. :confused:

fischsemmel
01-18-2011, 11:15 AM
Rinyen - I ended up getting him to pop at 9 am after about 5 hours at the camp. You were logged off by then so I couldn't tell you in game ;)

korrowan
01-18-2011, 11:30 AM
Just curious... how much plat can be farmed per hour?

500-1k depending on time of day, zone population, luck and efficiency.

Rinyen
01-18-2011, 08:59 PM
geez, 5 more hours huh? This is starting to sound more and more like a 1% spawn chance... that would actually make sense. There is just no way that it is 10%.

Rinyen
01-19-2011, 09:54 PM
OK... so i just had something really strange happen. I was waiting in line for the AC again, and my /time said 11am. When I told the guy he needed to hurry and kill the PH, he said on it is only 10am. About 60-90 seconds later, he said his clock now said 11am and he began to kill the PH. Sure enough that next pop was the AC. I tried to coordinate with everyone else in the zone and they all seemed to agree with my time, but I only spoke with 2 people. What in the hell could cause someone to have such a drastically different /time. This could be the reason myself, or some people, can never get that AC to spawn. I dunno, I'm going to investigate this more.

Rinyen
01-20-2011, 02:13 AM
GOT IT! That was painful though. Spent another 6 hours, and finally got it to pop at 9pm game time. I don't even want to do the math or look at the odds on my total time there, lol. I guess being stubborn pays off. :D

Zakaton
04-13-2011, 09:52 AM
Got him just now in South Ro. Killed according to the list and got him to spawn at 9pm after a couple hours. I've spent probably 10 hours camping him or waiting to camp him total.

Maceq
07-20-2011, 01:58 PM
Just camped the Ancient Cyclops in SRO. I followed the following and he spawn after 3 hours. at 9pm

Kill the PH at 11am.
Respawn is at 9pm.
Kill.
Respawn is 7am.
If not AC, wait to kill PH again until 11am.
Repeat.

Badmartigan
07-20-2011, 06:34 PM
sro camp is miserable! Cheers to those that put in the time at the young years to get the boots for their main... they are well worth it.

jcmtg
09-10-2013, 02:00 PM
here's my recent successful camp log. In the end, the winner spawn was done by killing at 11 AM, as was mentioned several times in this thread. When i do it all over again, that's going to be my plan - - as opposed to just killing the 30 minute spawn over and over.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ana0vP61DhGddFJDYXE0d1ZkOEdhSXlObVlFUGNNO EE&usp=sharing

Notice that the final the Cyclops was up for about 2 In Game Hours before i checked back on the spawn. Go go low pop Red server *wink*

jcmtg
09-10-2013, 02:03 PM
Also, since i'm on the red server, my coin can get looted when trying to spawn the Quest Turn in NPC, Bootstrutter. So, I simply bought ~20x stacks of 20 Quiver patterns at 1pp each (around 400pp worth) and then once he spawned i went to the merchants and sold 3250 gold's worth by CTRL + Click (Selling stacks at a time will return you Platinum which you can't use for jboots) that returns 9gp per stackable item.

This gave me piece of mind while killing the placeholder drakes, so no one would roll up on me and get my 3250gp. =)

Sunderfury
08-09-2019, 04:40 PM
Moving to resolved due to age and multiple dev comments stating working as intended.