PDA

View Full Version : NPC Spawn Issue: Stuff assists Slansin

Tecmos Deception
04-25-2013, 01:00 PM
http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5614

This faction guide from August 2000 talks about aggroing Slansin (the fake one) to bring him up right next to Toresian to speed up Inert Potion faction grinding. On p99 though, aggroing Slansin brought the 3 vendors that stand near his spawn charging at me also.

I haven't tested whether the mobs upstairs (Toresian, guards, other guildmaster sorts, etc.) will assist also because the trigger phrases to Toresian weren't respawning Slansin yesterday (after he got himself killed while charmed). This guide makes it sound like nothing at all assists him though (or else the 55 pally writing it wouldn't have been able to root Slansin right next to a caster guildmaster and camp out safely).

Sundawg
04-26-2013, 06:21 PM
http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5614

This faction guide from August 2000 talks about aggroing Slansin (the fake one) to bring him up right next to Toresian to speed up Inert Potion faction grinding. On p99 though, aggroing Slansin brought the 3 vendors that stand near his spawn charging at me also.

I haven't tested whether the mobs upstairs (Toresian, guards, other guildmaster sorts, etc.) will assist also because the trigger phrases to Toresian weren't respawning Slansin yesterday (after he got himself killed while charmed). This guide makes it sound like nothing at all assists him though (or else the 55 pally writing it wouldn't have been able to root Slansin right next to a caster guildmaster and camp out safely).

Ok , a few things here:

No matter what faction Slansin was on, the vendors around him should not of assisted him (or anything). This is a more general problem with some merchants that i'm fixing as I go.

The "real" Slansin was on the wrong faction, he should be on Craftkeepers.

The "real" Slansin should be an actual merchant that you can interact with.

Fixed, pending update on the three above issues.

The fact that you say the vendors did jump in to help him (even though they should never have, but that is a seperate bug) when you tagged him lets me know you attacked the wrong Slansin. If you followed the p99 wiki, it lead you astray again in this regard. It has the wrong description on what the real and fake Slansin looks like.

While looking over these things, there seems to be a few other details with this quest that need some adjustment. Working on that, should be right as rain by next patch.

Tecmos Deception
04-26-2013, 06:45 PM
I was actually just reading Anezka's Faction Guide when I was doing this.

The one I saw was NOT wearing a robe, and all I did was nail him with a low-level charm, expecting no aggro and planning to take him upstairs so I could park him near Toresian for quick quest repeats.

/shrug