PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous: Unexpected Half Elf Ranger bonus

Korisek
05-23-2013, 04:50 AM
Created a Half Elf Ranger of Karana and noticed the moment I loaded up the window I had two tattered notes for the ranger trainer.

http://i.imgur.com/RxEOMor.jpg?1

I have a feeling this isn't supposed to happen.

Tecmos Deception
05-23-2013, 06:26 AM
Human rangers are starting in surefall with NO starting note. Lol.

Korisek
05-23-2013, 06:56 AM
Human rangers are starting in surefall with NO starting note. Lol.

There is evil afoot.

nilbog
05-23-2013, 03:31 PM
Fixed, pending update.

Can anyone research a firm date when Qeynos rangers started in Surefall Glade? Never played a ranger and there have always been conflicting opinions about this. I know, for certain, they eventually spawned in qrg. Will change it if timeline appropriate.

Nirgon
05-23-2013, 04:23 PM
Yeah that's a toughy

pharmakos
05-23-2013, 09:22 PM
Fixed, pending update.

Can anyone research a firm date when Qeynos rangers started in Surefall Glade? Never played a ranger and there have always been conflicting opinions about this. I know, for certain, they eventually spawned in qrg. Will change it if timeline appropriate.

i don't have any solid proof, but it just makes sense for "qeynos" rangers and druids to start in surefall glade. i'm sure its a pain in the ass to have to trek across qeynos hills just to get your newbie tunic and find a trainer to put 5 points into your weapon skill.

if they ever DIDN'T start in surefall glade on live then IMO it was an oversight on Verant's part.

Korisek
05-24-2013, 01:27 AM
Also I just noticed Crow saying "testing one two three four" in that chat log rather than something about doing something about Tubal Weaver.

IIRC he said "Do you want me to take care of him?" or something to that effect in that particular line.

Yukahwa
05-24-2013, 02:02 AM
Well..they definitely were starting in Surefall 1 year after Velious release, so they should be starting in surefall now :)

pharmakos
05-24-2013, 02:45 AM
http://wiki.project1999.org/images/Surefallglade.jpg

i believe rangers started at #4 and druids started at #8 on this map

and if i recall correctly, their initial bind point was in qeynos hills, near the guards, on the west side of the path