PDA

View Full Version : Spells: fear

kaos057
06-05-2013, 11:21 AM
I have noticed that sometimes my fear will wear off before it lands.

kaos057
06-05-2013, 11:28 AM
Here is a screenshot of what I mean. If it does not wear off before it lands like this, it lasts the full duration. But for some reason this seems to happen sometimes.

kaos057
06-05-2013, 11:32 AM
I also just noticed I was using invoke fear on a spectre which is undead. this shouldnt work should it?

Nirgon
06-05-2013, 01:00 PM
Undead can be effected by regular fear to my knowledge. It never required a specific undead only version. The undead only versions merely gave improved mana costs or reduced cast times.

One problem here with the specs are that they don't have their specter only gate spell. I brought this up, and per usual, people thought I was crazy ;).

Aeolwind
06-05-2013, 01:51 PM
people thought I was crazy ;).

I don't think you are crazy.... ;)

And being a cleric that killed Spec's in Oasis fondling my manastone and cackling at the time, I am bereft of memory of these mobs gating. IIRC only mobs over level 50 gated bef

I remember specter stun, the PITA interruptus, and the silly life tap, the gawdawful noise...gating I don't remember. There isn't a 'specter gate' in lucy either.

Nirgon
06-05-2013, 02:00 PM
At low health I recall them casting a little gate spell, it might not have even said "begins to cast a spell either".

What it did was cause them to go back to the island and drop threat.

However, if you got to about the moat in the island, they'd reaggro.

I have a vivid mental image of seeing one die to a 39+ magic spell with the little gate bubbles coming off of it.

I'll also send you some other comments here in a PM =).

kaos057
06-10-2013, 05:01 PM
So back to the topic... Fear should not be instantly wearing off before it even lands.