PDA

View Full Version : Quest mob ate my items =(

adament1824
07-22-2013, 11:13 PM
I am quite new to P99 my first char lvl 23 enchanter started about a month ago. I put a lot of work into getting the items together for the rod of insidious glamour, the golden rod and the enchanted stone. Head all the way to the temple of ro to do the turn in and the npc just eats my items and gives me nothing back. I do a little research and found out i forgot to cast benevolence on the mob to get my faction higher but why did he eat my items =(. Don't they just hand them back to you if you dont have the correct faction, this sucks big time took me forever to go to the different zones let alone kill the mobs with my friend heres 20 sham. Is there anything I can do I put in a petition but does that even work on P99?

Thanks everyone.

Chromos the Gnome Enchanter

Myth
07-22-2013, 11:36 PM
In classic , that is what happened. The mob would eat your item(s) and might say something like "thank you for the ______" or "I don't need this" for each item turned in. It wasn't until later in the timeline where mobs would hand back the unwanted item(s).

adament1824
07-22-2013, 11:37 PM
ugh that sucks and is so disheartening after putting in that much time =(

christheabject
07-22-2013, 11:39 PM
yes, but will you do it again? will you make the same mistake? I'm sorry it didn't happen earlier in your career, but you've now learned the trial of quest turn ins.

Pimpin
07-22-2013, 11:39 PM
ugh that sucks and is so disheartening after putting in that much time =(

pm me i'll help you do the quest again

adament1824
07-22-2013, 11:40 PM
seems like a dumb mechanic that they steal your items...

OriginalQin
07-22-2013, 11:45 PM
In classic , that is what happened. The mob would eat your item(s) and might say something like "thank you for the ______" or "I don't need this" for each item turned in. It wasn't until later in the timeline where mobs would hand back the unwanted item(s).

In classic, you also had to look at your spellbook while meditating. I'm confused about how some things are left "classic" and others are updated.

Ele
07-22-2013, 11:47 PM
In classic, you also had to look at your spellbook while meditating. I'm confused about how some things are left "classic" and others are updated.

Because of the UI that we have to use with the Titanium client, if it was an easy fix you would be staring at that book.

adament1824
07-22-2013, 11:55 PM
it could of just handed me back the items and refused them.

Thulack
07-23-2013, 12:16 AM
Pretty sure atm you cant do the quests anyway cause the spell will agro the NPC instead of helping faction. think there a bug thread about it.

hatelore
07-23-2013, 12:18 AM

You did not have to look at your spellbook in Kunark.

Loly Taa
07-23-2013, 12:19 AM

Mobs stopped handing back items because the server admins could not find a way for them not to be handed back fully charged on getting an empty charge item.

This was a really old trick used by all the former guilds of the server. Trade uncharged Leatherfoot Raider Skullcap to a certain NPC and they'd give you a full charged back. So item give-backs were disabled.

Erati
07-23-2013, 12:21 AM
just bring the flower to that Shadowman in Mistmoore graveyard to raise Sol Ro faction you dont need the alliance spell

Reguiy
07-23-2013, 12:36 AM
Off to the petition forums with you. It will most likely take over a month though. So you'll have to redo it if you want it before then.

Flavia
07-23-2013, 04:27 AM
Pretty sure atm you cant do the quests anyway cause the spell will agro the NPC instead of helping faction. think there a bug thread about it.

Yep. As of yesterday, having a resist of alliance got me aggro.

adament1824
07-23-2013, 08:59 AM
sigh so even if I do find a way to get the stuff back I still have to go do sol ro faction now in order to the turn in.

whatsa
07-23-2013, 09:04 AM
sigh so even if I do find a way to get the stuff back I still have to go do sol ro faction now in order to the turn in.

You can hail the NPCs to determine if you can complete the quest, if they respond with [quest words] and you can follow the [quest words] to the point where they ask you to get them items, you're good.

skorge
07-23-2013, 09:10 AM
make a petition in-game and on the forums here the devs may be willing to return your items but you may have to wait 24+ hours or so...I learned this with totemic armor myself, you have to specifically use medium armor and since i was playing an ogre i handed in large banded armor and it ate all my items lol, ouch

anotherone
07-23-2013, 12:19 PM
pm me i'll help you do the quest again

not this again!
:p

BattleToad
07-23-2013, 12:53 PM
I have a Golden Rod you can use.

adament1824
07-23-2013, 04:05 PM
thanks skorge, im hoping they will be merciful and at least give me the items back. I will just have to go do the faction quests instead of trying to benevolence. Is there any way to know if your petition got responded to if your offline?

Thanks.

Nirgon
07-23-2013, 04:07 PM
You did not have to look at your spellbook in Kunark.

If you weren't 35+ yes, you had to

heartbrand
07-23-2013, 04:11 PM
Alliance / benevolence is currently being resisted by mobs and creating aggro so you can either wait a couple of months for a patch or go kill a hundred shadowed men

skorge
07-23-2013, 04:13 PM
thanks skorge, im hoping they will be merciful and at least give me the items back. I will just have to go do the faction quests instead of trying to benevolence. Is there any way to know if your petition got responded to if your offline?

Thanks.

Post in the petition forum here, not just in-game...they will respond here on the forums so you will know. Or you can just check your inventory when you log back in and look for the quest items.

Malone88
07-23-2013, 05:41 PM
EXACT thing happened to me a couple months back with Incandescent Mask Quest.
Did not cast Benevolence and lost my items. I petitioned here and waited a few
days, but no response. Gathered the quest items again, used Benevolence, and it worked. End of story.

Haven't heard of any problems with Benevolence resisting, but then again, I haven't used it since the patch.

Selenia

Lord Traxor
07-23-2013, 05:44 PM
In the past week I have had Benevolence aggro in the OT outpost, it coded as a resist and chaos ensued...enchanter beware.

Kender
07-23-2013, 06:23 PM
i did this quest on bard with insufficient faction. it ate the items as decribed. so i went and gathered the items again, charmed the hand in guy then handed them in. worked fine. parked mob and ran for the zone

Hinthek
07-23-2013, 08:04 PM
The Rathmana quest in South Ro is a painless way to raise Sol Ro faction. Give him 30 gold, and he gives you some gold back, and a spell, or junk item...and a Sol Ro faction bump. Repeat this and youre all set. You can even use him as a gauge for your faction, by conning him, as he is on Sol Ro faction. Need amiable, i believe, to do the Sol Ro quests?

Kender
07-23-2013, 09:02 PM
The Rathmana quest in South Ro is a painless way to raise Sol Ro faction. Give him 30 gold, and he gives you some gold back, and a spell, or junk item...and a Sol Ro faction bump. Repeat this and youre all set. You can even use him as a gauge for your faction, by conning him, as he is on Sol Ro faction. Need amiable, i believe, to do the Sol Ro quests?

yes

can also kill shadowmen