Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 11:13 PM
Orc

Default Quest mob ate my items =(

I am quite new to P99 my first char lvl 23 enchanter started about a month ago. I put a lot of work into getting the items together for the rod of insidious glamour, the golden rod and the enchanted stone. Head all the way to the temple of ro to do the turn in and the npc just eats my items and gives me nothing back. I do a little research and found out i forgot to cast benevolence on the mob to get my faction higher but why did he eat my items =(. Don't they just hand them back to you if you dont have the correct faction, this sucks big time took me forever to go to the different zones let alone kill the mobs with my friend heres 20 sham. Is there anything I can do I put in a petition but does that even work on P99?

Thanks everyone.

Chromos the Gnome Enchanter
Old 07-22-2013, 11:36 PM
Kobold

In classic , that is what happened. The mob would eat your item(s) and might say something like "thank you for the ______" or "I don't need this" for each item turned in. It wasn't until later in the timeline where mobs would hand back the unwanted item(s).
Old 07-22-2013, 11:37 PM
Orc

ugh that sucks and is so disheartening after putting in that much time =(
Old 07-22-2013, 11:39 PM
Decaying Skeleton

yes, but will you do it again? will you make the same mistake? I'm sorry it didn't happen earlier in your career, but you've now learned the trial of quest turn ins.
Old 07-22-2013, 11:39 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by adament1824 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ugh that sucks and is so disheartening after putting in that much time =(
pm me i'll help you do the quest again
Old 07-22-2013, 11:40 PM
Orc

seems like a dumb mechanic that they steal your items...
Old 07-22-2013, 11:45 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In classic , that is what happened. The mob would eat your item(s) and might say something like "thank you for the ______" or "I don't need this" for each item turned in. It wasn't until later in the timeline where mobs would hand back the unwanted item(s).
In classic, you also had to look at your spellbook while meditating. I'm confused about how some things are left "classic" and others are updated.
Old 07-22-2013, 11:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginalQin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In classic, you also had to look at your spellbook while meditating. I'm confused about how some things are left "classic" and others are updated.
Because of the UI that we have to use with the Titanium client, if it was an easy fix you would be staring at that book.
Old 07-22-2013, 11:55 PM
Orc

it could of just handed me back the items and refused them.
Old 07-23-2013, 12:16 AM
Planar Protector

Pretty sure atm you cant do the quests anyway cause the spell will agro the NPC instead of helping faction. think there a bug thread about it.