PDA

View Full Version : Character Stats

Maxium
07-27-2010, 04:28 AM
I was age 13-19 when I played this game, so I wasn't very aware of stats back then, hence have no memory.

What exactly do the base stats give? I'm wanting to remake my warrior that I had a long time ago, but I'm also playin some caster classes too.

Warrior - Stam and Str obviously, but should I dump all my stats into stam? Is there like a 2 hp per 1 stam ratio type thing or is stam just for holding my breath until Kunark or?

Casters - Int obviously, what does it give like 7 mana per int point?

Thx

P.S. Is AC and resists still garbage?

Humwawa
07-27-2010, 04:36 AM
Varies per class.

Necro you go stam first, then int.

Enchanter - charisma, then int (or stam).

Some will argue for stam first on any character. I don't know.

Hive
07-27-2010, 04:38 AM
Max sta rest into dex for warrior if im not mistaken.

Tronjer
07-27-2010, 04:45 AM
Warrior - Stam and Str obviously, but should I dump all my stats into stam? Is there like a 2 hp per 1 stam ratio type thing or is stam just for holding my breath until Kunark or?

If my memory is not tinted, base hp for a Kunark (lvl 60) warrior was 1800 hp + sta x 6.

I would put as much points as possible in stamina.

Maxium
07-27-2010, 05:25 AM
Will do, thanks for the input

My favorite classes right now are the mage and necro, and I thought about tryin an enchanter.

I was a warrior for 7 years with no alts back in the day, Dark Elf - stopped after we killed Quarm. But I was like 20 years old and didn't have a clue about "stats" in an mmo. I'd like to redo him, but melee seem so darn gear dependent.

Modal
07-27-2010, 06:46 AM
For tanks it's STA first, but really STA is worthless for INT casters. Put your points into INT first and load up on +HP gear. You'll end up with at least 100HP/Mana more than a caster who goes all STA. My erudite necro with max INT and HP gear has 125+hp more than a DE guildie necro who went all STA in the same-tier gear.

Maxium
07-27-2010, 07:26 AM
What about AC for warriors?

It still garbage? Like, would you rather have 10 ac or 7 stam?

Lanvaren
07-27-2010, 08:26 AM

You'll want both ;)

Complete Heal will restore 5,000 HP if I'm not mistaken, so you'll want as much HP as you can possibly get and more AC to help it go further.

*Edit: on the low-end, building a char, you don't really get the option - so go for AC gear to help mitigate before you'll be grouping with clerics who can CHeal you.

Maxium
07-27-2010, 02:33 PM
Well, I mean - Take the Crafted Legs for instance. 14 ac and 1 str

Or, I can get the feathered leggings, 4 ac, 7 sta

Ingrum
07-27-2010, 07:13 PM
Stamina is definitely the main stat for a warrior and having extra health at any level is always a bonus.

However, it's the healers' job to worry about that warrior's health and it's the warrior's job to worry about aggro. With raid buffs and fairly common gear, 20 stamina starts to look less appetizing in the end.

As a warrior the only way you're going to get aggro in this current era of EverQuest is to proc a lot. Dexterity directly affects that.

From what I've seen of the end game every little bit of dex helps a lot more than every little bit of stamina. Our uber taunt button is more or less useless during most raid encounters.

There really isn't a perfect answer for what stats to put your points into. It really depends on what race you pick as you want to make sure that you have plenty of stamina, dexterity, and a good bit of strength for some extra oomph.

Also, don't forget that you need to have at least 75 Agility (I think it's 75) to not suffer a major AC penalty.

That probably didn't help at all, but hopefully it put some things into perspective. Enjoy the long frustrating road of the warrior if you go with it. I promise you that it's very rewarding once you're level 50 and it only gets better come Kunark. Until then, bring a stress ball.

Ingrum
07-27-2010, 07:21 PM

I was once told that 1 AC is basically equal to 10hp at level 50. I don't know if that's exactly how it works on P99 yet but I've followed the rule regardless since I heard it and it seems to have worked out. I haven't really worried about it too much since I started getting Indicolite pieces.

So supposedly,
10 AC = 100hp
7 Stamina = 42hp

But someone out there has probably already parsed some fights and has some exact info for us.

Maxium
07-28-2010, 01:04 AM
Yeah, I got "wiser" in PoP with my warrior, but between classic and pop, the game changed a lot, so I wasn't sure what the stats were in 1999.

So far what I got outta this is AC isn't worthless, stamina is good, 75 agi+ for AC to do well, dexterity helps with weapon procs for threat. And I guess str is just for carrying more stuff =)

Reiker
07-28-2010, 01:13 AM
AC is way fucking better than stamina for a tank. Especially on emu. Basically if your AC > mob's ATK, you take ridiculously less damage.

Tronjer
07-28-2010, 04:34 AM
iirc the formula on live was: damage bonus + x(1-20) * damage interval. So if a mob hits for 115-400, it has a db of 100 and di comes in 20 equal steps from 15-300. As higher the AC, as lesser max hits one takes, but you can't exactly 'convert' AC to HP and a high armor rating won't mitigate spell damage anyway.

HeallunRumblebelly
07-28-2010, 04:48 AM
I was once told that 1 AC is basically equal to 10hp at level 50. I don't know if that's exactly how it works on P99 yet but I've followed the rule regardless since I heard it and it seems to have worked out. I haven't really worried about it too much since I started getting Indicolite pieces.

So supposedly,
10 AC = 100hp
7 Stamina = 42hp

But someone out there has probably already parsed some fights and has some exact info for us.

Depends how this server does its Ac formula--the damn thing keeps changing. On live:

AC had no direct correlation to = HP. AC was something to be soft capped (no longer providing maxhit reduction, but rather, just more evasive) and then not really bothered with. Most raid mobs ATK would so vastly outweigh any AC (miss ratio wise) that it was quite unwise to attempt to gear for anything but HP. Regardless, most of the raid mobs we'll see on this server won't be an issue as far as tank max hp--AoW being the only deal breaker. AoW has such a ludicrously high ATK that any AC (other than maxhit reduction, if that works here--i haven't done any testing ^_^) for avoidance purposes would be next to useless. As for the stats...

STR -- increases chance to hit higher in your hits (for instance, if i have a maxhit of 20, more str is gonna allow me to maxhit more often than i would with less str)

STA -- HP, obviously, but the conversions are so lousy on priests and casters that it's not something to worry about. Focus on +HP for those instead.

DEX -- Increases proc-rates. Double attack and Dual Wield are also both procs off the mainhand (except DA'ing on your offhand, which is a proc on your offhand hit, but for the purposes of dex it's all the same).

AGI -- Minor AC gains post 75 agility. Not a largely important stat to any--mostly there to keep rez effects potent and to keep people honest on their encumbrance i'd wager :P

WIS -- +mana for priests and paladins (1 mana per 5 levels per wis) which at lvl 50 is 1x(50/5)/wis, or 10 mana/wis until softcapping at 200 (though i've not even looked at my own mana to see how hard it softcaps D= so lazy!)

INT -- Same as WIS, except for casters / SKs / bards

CHA -- Vendor prices, charm and to a lesser extent mesmerize resist checks

To answer your question: The most important stats to warriors are STA and DEX. I'd throw all you can into sta, then put rest into dex. I'd also start with a race that doesn't suck on str / sta / in the first place, like ogre / troll / bar / dwrf

Cheps
07-28-2010, 08:49 AM
DEX -- Increases proc-rates. Double attack and Dual Wield are also both procs off the mainhand (except DA'ing on your offhand, which is a proc on your offhand hit, but for the purposes of dex it's all the same).

I think that's wrong. I remember reading a dev post on these forums about dual wield, and offhand is totally independent of main hand, which is why you should get the best possible ratio in offhand (and not just the highest damage). I'm not sure if dex increases your chance to dual wield or double attack, but I don't think so (would need a dev to answer that).