PDA

View Full Version : Velium Coldain Insignia Ring

Dinkums
03-30-2014, 04:37 AM
Handed in Adamantium Coldain Insignia Ring (#7) to Garadain Glacierbane and recieved Marching Orders and this message:

Garadain says 'Very Well, Sneakums, give me the Adamantite ring and I will give you the marching orders. Once the orders are given to Gloradin in the next hut, we will be underway. You then must follow me to what will be our battleground. I must warn you, I will hold your ring until the head of Chief Ry'Gorr is given to me. If we fail, all will be lost... for both of us.

Handed in Marching Orders to Gloradin and nothing happened. I assume the eighth ring quest hasn't been written yet? I'd love a reimbursement for my Adamantite Coldain Insignia Ring so I can test the eighth ring quest when it is completed.

Thanks,
Sneakums

Ele
03-30-2014, 12:19 PM
Bad news bud. 8th ring War isnt and willl not be in this version of SoV. And I fear your 7th ring may be lost to the god. =/ There has been several conversations about this very subject on this site, Should be pretty easy to dig up.

You're thinking of 8th shawl, which was not implemented, according to the evidence found so far, until after Luclin. Ring went all the way to 10 before Luclin.

Bentos the Hero, the game first Ring 10 got his in October 2001.

Legacy of Steel did a bunch in the months leading up to Luclin.
http://www.legacyofsteel.net/Archives/Post/2001-11-03

Erati
03-30-2014, 12:19 PM
edit : ty Ele

maximum
03-30-2014, 04:19 PM
My guess is that 8th Ring is not yet coded in. Furthermore: http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136439

nilbog
07-03-2014, 10:56 AM
Finished the 8th ring quest. Will be available next beta patch.

Noni
07-08-2014, 10:42 AM
Lost my 7th ring the same way. Any chance we could get them back once the quest is in?

Also, I noticed to make the brew for the 9th ring requires mind melt poison which needs components from Droga. Will there be a way to get those components on beta?

Ele
07-08-2014, 10:56 AM
Also, I noticed to make the brew for the 9th ring requires mind melt poison which needs components from Droga. Will there be a way to get those components on beta?

A vendor containing old world exclusive items necessary for Velious quests is being considered. Otherwise for now you can transfer items to beta via the /beta command.

evilkorn
07-08-2014, 12:45 PM
We need Mt. Death Mineral Salts to be patched in to transfer them over first.

Cyrano
07-08-2014, 08:49 PM
Or someone can just grab a bunch on p99 and copy them over.

Erati
07-09-2014, 09:31 AM
Or someone can just grab a bunch on p99 and copy them over.

We need Mt. Death Mineral Salts to be patched in to transfer them over first.

Titanx
07-09-2014, 11:49 AM
If they were actually dropping in game on P99. Currently these don't exist even though they should.

maximum
07-09-2014, 06:38 PM
Derailing, but, Mt. Death Mineral Salts are put in with Chardok revamp, mid-Velious: http://wiki.project1999.com/Timeline

Cyrano
07-09-2014, 09:30 PM
Well I've definitely seen that shit on P99.

Cecily
07-09-2014, 10:05 PM
Derailing, but, Mt. Death Mineral Salts are put in with Chardok revamp, mid-Velious: http://wiki.project1999.com/Timeline

That's wrong.

See:

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144477

Noni
08-16-2014, 06:34 PM
Was the 8th ring war in EW put in with the last patch?

Thulack
08-16-2014, 06:40 PM
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1578935#post1578935

maximum
10-23-2014, 03:10 PM
Yep. 8th Ring Event is in and working correctly. Just make sure to prep & research before you trigger the battle.

Brut
11-29-2014, 12:56 PM
Corbin Blackwell still cons indiff and refuses to reply to anything. Killed him to no faction hit.

nilbog
11-29-2014, 01:06 PM
Corbin Blackwell still cons indiff and refuses to reply to anything. Killed him to no faction hit.

Added his missing hail text. The rest should work.

Zaia
11-30-2014, 07:25 PM
I finished 8th ring with my ranger Toya today.
I handed in the ring to the seneschal during session as he said I should wait for that. He took the ring and kept it but I managed to get the box for the heads of the traitors.
[Sun Nov 30 23:54:48 2014] Chamberlain Krystorf shouts 'The Royal Court of Dain Frostreaver IV and his council of advisors is now in session. Those citizens with official business for the crown please report to the throne room at this time.'
[Sun Nov 30 23:54:53 2014] You have scrounged up some fishing grubs.
[Sun Nov 30 23:55:42 2014] You say, 'Hail, Seneschal Aldikar'
[Sun Nov 30 23:55:42 2014] Seneschal Aldikar says, 'And a good day to you, Wood Elf. I must say that I'm impressed that your people were even able to make it to our continent, let alone survive the frigid temperatures of it. I am Seneschal Aldikar, Commander of the Armies of Thurgadin, known by some as the Sword of the Dain. My armies are currently undergoing intensive training and are ready for a full assault on Kael Drakkel as soon as his majesty gives the order.'
[Sun Nov 30 23:55:46 2014] Seneschal Aldikar says, 'Well done, Toya, I have heard of your victory over the Ry`Gorr. If you are willing to assist the crown further please follow me.'
[Sun Nov 30 23:56:55 2014] You say, 'I will accept this task'
[Sun Nov 30 23:56:55 2014] Seneschal Aldikar says, 'In this box, place the accursed dirk of the fallen Rodrick. With it combine the heads of every traitor you dispose of. When this is done give the box and the velium insignia ring to the Dain directly. On behalf of the crown and all good Coldain, I thank you ... May Brell be with you.'

Sallan
12-01-2014, 09:44 PM
He should hand the 8th ring back once you've shown it to him, then pass you the traitor's box once you've said the phrase. I guess some dialogue appears missing too (below is from what alla has)

Seneschal Aldikar says, 'Well done _____, I have heard of your victory over the Ry'Gorr. If you are willing to assist the crown further please follow me.'

At this point he leads you out of the throne room and down to his private sleeping quarters.

Seneschal Aldikar says, 'Please, shut the door behind you. What I am about to share with you must not be overheard.'

Seneschal Aldikar says, 'My army stands prepared to launch an assault on Kael itself, but one task must be completed before this can happen.'

Seneschal Aldikar says, 'It seems Rodrick was not alone in his treachery. There is a faction of Coldain who believe that a treaty should be signed with the Kromrif, ending our hostilities with them. This, of course, is impossible. If there is one thing our history here has taught us it is that the Kromrif simply cannot be trusted.'

Seneschal Aldikar says, 'These traitors are poisoning the minds of our citizens, promising great rewards to those who will betray the Dain. It will take an unbiased eye of an outlander to flush out masterminds behind this plan. Once again we turn to you.'

Seneschal Aldikar says, 'Will you accept this task, outlander?'

You say, 'I will accept this task'

Seneschal Aldikar says, 'In this box, place the Accursed Dirk of the Fallen Rodrick. With it combine the heads of every traitor you dispose of. When this is done give the box and the Velium insignia ring to the Dain directly. On behalf of the crown and all good Coldain, I thank you.....May Brell be with you.'

Seneschal Aldikar says, 'Farewell'

311junkie
12-02-2014, 12:49 AM
I noticed the same issue Zaia mentioned above with Seneschal Aldikar not handing back the 8th ring after the hand-in to trigger the traitor's box quest dialog. I can confirm that he did go through the full quest dialog in game if you follow him to his room.

nilbog
12-04-2014, 02:33 AM
He should hand the 8th ring back once you've shown it to him, then pass you the traitor's box once you've said the phrase. I guess some dialogue appears missing too (below is from what alla has)

Pending update,
He will return the ring.

Dialogue was already there.

Zaia
12-05-2014, 12:25 PM
I had read the walkthrough on Allakhazam before doing the hand-in and was waiting for session. Once the various delegates showed up I prepared to do my bit but the senescheal headed off before I got a chance to talk to him.

I knew this was different from the walkthrough but then again I wasn't really supposed to know that but only what Garadain said:
[Sun Nov 30 23:01:08 2014] Garadain Glacierbane says, 'Good work friend! The Dain will hear of this right away. We couldn't have defeated the Ry'gorr without your help. Take this ring as proof that you have served the Coldain well. You may wish to show it to the Seneschal should you ever stop in our fine city. Farewell, Toya, it has been my pleasure knowing you.'
and then what Seneschal Aldikar said:
[Sun Nov 30 23:19:47 2014] Seneschal Aldikar says, 'Toya, I must speak to the Dain before I instruct you further. Please speak to me while the royal court is in session.'

Then as mentioned Seneschal Aldikar left the throne room; I don't remember if I gave him the ring while he walked or after he stopped but then:
[Sun Nov 30 23:55:42 2014] You say, 'Hail, Seneschal Aldikar'
[Sun Nov 30 23:55:42 2014] Seneschal Aldikar says, 'And a good day to you, Wood Elf. I must say that I'm impressed that your people were even able to make it to our continent, let alone survive the frigid temperatures of it. I am Seneschal Aldikar, Commander of the Armies of Thurgadin, known by some as the Sword of the Dain. My armies are currently undergoing intensive training and are ready for a full assault on Kael Drakkel as soon as his majesty gives the order.'
[Sun Nov 30 23:55:46 2014] Seneschal Aldikar says, 'Well done, Toya, I have heard of your victory over the Ry`Gorr. If you are willing to assist the crown further please follow me.'
[Sun Nov 30 23:56:55 2014] You say, 'I will accept this task'
[Sun Nov 30 23:56:55 2014] Seneschal Aldikar says, 'In this box, place the accursed dirk of the fallen Rodrick. With it combine the heads of every traitor you dispose of. When this is done give the box and the velium insignia ring to the Dain directly. On behalf of the crown and all good Coldain, I thank you ... May Brell be with you.'
which left me with the box but not the ring.

I would like to try continue ring #9 but it seems a bit futile without ring #8, so I'd like to know if I can get it back for the sake of further testing?

Sallan
12-05-2014, 07:53 PM
Try petitioning in game Zaia, the GM's or guides should be able to help