PDA

View Full Version : Timers (Spells, Abilities, Disciplines)

Rogean
03-31-2014, 06:10 PM
I need a quick discussion regarding the classic operation of these mechanics.

I have been told that certain timers back in the day would not count down while logged out or zoning.

Example, if you were to mem the spell Divine Aura and immediately log out, then log back in 20 minutes later, the spell gem (which is normally a 15 minute recast) should not be available to cast. However, as it works right now on P1999, the timers still work while logged out and the spell would be available.

I wanted to confirm that the current mechanic is not operating correctly as I'm doing work in this code and will be changing it.

I also need to know the same for Abilities such as Mend, Harm Touch, etc.

And then I also need a discussion on Disciplines, as I believe they may be the exception to this rule (Are they suppose to reduce their timer while offline).

Kay
03-31-2014, 06:16 PM
Confirmed for spells, that's the way I remember it. NOT positive on abilities, though.

falendar
04-01-2014, 12:55 AM
Confirmed for spells, that's the way I remember it. NOT positive on abilities, though.

I do remember spells not counting down, however mend and LoH timers I am almost 100% positive they counted down while offline.

Treats
04-01-2014, 11:43 PM
This is what I have on Abilites/Disciplines:

Mend (I assume all other special skills excluding HT and LoH) should not reset on Death,
Lay of Hands and Harm Touch reset on Death.

Lay of Hands and Harm Touch will ONLY count down the timer if you are in the game world on the specific character. Playing a different character on the same account, timer will remain frozen.

Never tested spells on the Mac server but I assume the timer functioned the same as LoH/HT.

I never had a high enough character on the Mac server to test discipline countdown timers. I believe they worked the same as Lay of Hands and Harm Touch, that is what I remember from playing on Live anyway.

botrainer
04-02-2014, 05:56 PM
Abilitys timers always ran.

On pvp servers I had a Human SK, and Iksar Monk to PVP with. Id always log out with a down HT because I knew it would be up and ready tomorrow afternoon/evening when I went and logged on for pvp. same for mend. Id always use up my HT frist then pick a fight on my monk get a few kills likely having to use mend at some point, escape battle some how, zoning running, or falling into the pit in OT (I had maxed Safe fall for a level 34 monk most times it wouldnt kill me) Id just log out and that would be fully ready to go as well.

EQ mac sever also had its own set of nerfs set in place by then too, cant just go off what EQ mac had.

As for warrior timers and other discs, I wouldnt be so sure. I stayed in the 30s to 40 pvp range because of the twinkage people lvl 50 plus would have, no way would I be able to keep up. Raid gear just made it far to hard in EC tunnle crap I could afford.