PDA

View Full Version : DN Issues

XDrake
05-01-2014, 08:55 AM
Aaah... My favorite zone in EQ. :)

Front of zone is empty. Each set of bones near entrance has a phase spider. A few are normally pathing around the area behind them too.

Walking uninvis over a lot of the bones and I cannot get a dragon construct trap to go off. :/

Letharos
05-07-2014, 09:08 PM
My brother and I were horsing around in DN this last weekend and I noticed the same thing. There were zero phase spiders up front, which at first I thought was due to others clearing them but they never repopped. There were 6 ppl including us when we zoned in, and eventually it was down to just us.

The constructs also never popped when we traveled over the skeletons. I don't remember how many bones had them but i know for sure at least one by the ent did, and i thought it was two up front. I used to solo the ent on my shaman for AA shortly after Luclin came out, as Velks was ridiculous overpop'd, and I remember having time to run all the spiders and a construct before repops at a casual pace. Going to do some searching for prof.

As an aside, really like the Chetari's toughness.... brought back old memories to see a dustbinder spank a well geared monk in a brief time. My brother had never been to DN and the spiders had him careless...

XDrake
05-08-2014, 06:57 PM
Can confirm. Second visit and can't get any of the bone piles to trigger the dragon constructs. On Live I was terrified of walking on the bones the left facing the zone from entrance as that one was very sensitive.

Phase spiders in front still missing. If you look at Live it still looks the same minus the barbarian raiders they added at some point.

kanras
06-17-2014, 09:15 PM
Added dragon construct triggers, pending update.

I'm assuming the lack of phase spiders up near the zone-in is due to the existing spawns not having grids setup to path along, not that we're actually missing spawns. My vague recollection is that almost all of the phase spiders (that weren't trap-spawned) were roamers, does that sound right?

kanras
06-17-2014, 11:22 PM
Unsurprisingly, my recollection was entirely wrong. Went ahead and hopped on live and added a handful of phase spider spawns from there, including the ones in the front.

Yinikren
06-25-2014, 03:30 AM
I do recall a decent amount of roamers near the zone in. There really were none?