PDA

View Full Version : a wyvern zone cobolt scare

Buellen
05-06-2014, 01:39 AM
Hello Everyone

The wyvern's in cobolt scare are hitting to hard for their level. max dam 150.

Here is a link to everlore way back machine on them

https://web.archive.org/web/20010515063341/http://www.everlore.com/bestiary/beastdetails.asp?mode=show&BID=336512

Loot table are way off currently

killed 22 of them and never say any platinum piece drop only gold silver and copper

in 22 kills i got 3 skins and 1 quest gem.

The wayvern meat drops seem to be right inline with eqmac and live from my personal expierence. 8 in 22 kills.

Her is some post from allakazam talking about drop rates and loots second post is from 2002 but should still be revelent.

Sep 18 2001 at 10:56 PM
Rating: Decent
EmoOfInny
15 posts
I'm a baker, so I have to drop into CS occasionaly to grab baking supplies from the otters. When I go there are usually 2 druids there quad kiting wyverns. They just snare 4 and run around and use their AOE lighting thing and pretty soon they're dead. Wyverns have about 3k Hp. Drop Artic Wyvern hides about 35% of the time, a much better drop ratio than those pesky Cobalt Drake Hides. Quest Gems are pretty rare, usually 1 in 12 wyverns. Stinger things are really rare as well. Good luck.
BTW-I'm a 52 cleric and if I can get a druid to snare 4 for me I can quad them too =) The whole zone gets a kick out of it and I get exp and nice loot ;)

Wyvern Loot

Feb 09 2002 at 1:40 PM
Rating: Excellent

Thicket
Scholar
29 posts
I recorded the loot I received from 50 Wyvern kills. I got 45 plat, 270 gold, 373 silver and 419 copper in cash. Also got 16 wyvern meat, 14 runes, 29 words, 10 wyvern hides (for tailoring), 5 cash gems (sell for 47 plat each), 2 Icy Wyvern Fangs (no drop) and 2 quest gems (flawed sea sapphire, chipped onyx sapphire). I sold these quest gems for 300 plat each.

Hope this helps and geting them adjusted

bulbousaur
05-06-2014, 11:08 AM
Does it seem that they run too fast also? I don't remember them being quite that fast, while snared.

Buellen
05-06-2014, 07:45 PM
heya bulb

not sure as i was boxing war /druid and just pulled them with war.

ill see if i can run some test of snared speed, but their not much evidence as to their movement speed normal or snared on the way back machine searches i did.

Buellen
05-09-2014, 02:36 AM
so i killed 60 wyverns and kept logs.

total coin dropped :

41 platinum 418 gold 406 silver 403 copper.

EDIT: coin loot is slightly off but can be due to me being grouped on some of kills with my druid and split on.

ps will list gem /meat /skin drops tomorrow or saturday once i get chance to finish going through logs.

Vilkata
05-09-2014, 03:54 PM
Keep the hides plz, need test tailoring combines.

Buellen
05-09-2014, 06:13 PM
will do was holding stuff for ashlon but he has not log in a while.

Buellen
05-09-2014, 06:21 PM
here is rest of stuff those 60 wyverns droped:

Cash Gems:

Coral Crescent x 2 , jade , pearl x3, opal, flame agate, Flawless aquamarine, , jade earring, Emerald x2 , Golden Pendent, Chipped Black marble, Imperfect Diamond

Quested Armor Gems:

Flawed Topaz, Flawed Emerald, Juandice Gem

Meat:

23 Wyvern Meat

Research:

12 Reasearch pages /components

Skins:

10 wyvern hides

Tasslehofp99
05-10-2014, 01:03 AM
I actually remember wyverns hitting a bit harder than 150 max hit.

Unless its the named one I'm thinking of...

But out of 60 kills the gems that you listed as having dropped seems like a lot. I remember quadding wyverns for hours on live without seeing one gem drop. I would say I remember gems dropping about one time per 4 quad kites (1 drop per 16 wyverns, roughly.)

Buellen
05-10-2014, 03:45 AM
Yvolcarn does indeed hit much harder than regular wyverns.

I was not sure as to the drop rate on gem cash or armor quest ones , why I posted my drops to share and get discussion.

I quaded the hell out of them on live to, but so many years and no log from that time and memory is not proof enough 8)

From my memory wyvern did drop a lot of cash gem and hence the wyvern always camped. I used to get more amour gems from the sentient suits of armor from weakening lands. Dam suits had a ton of hit points and took much longer though. In the end I always headed back to wyvern because they where easier to quad (hence faster expierence) and did drop leg quested armor gems.

I will try to do some more research and see what the drop rates for both amour quest gems and cash gems is is supposed to close too.