PDA

View Full Version : Druid or Wizard.. and why?

TheMan
05-17-2014, 05:03 PM
Looking to roll a porter, druid or wizard, and the reasons?

zanderklocke
05-17-2014, 05:04 PM
You'll probably have more fun leveling a druid, but in a raid at end game, wizards are usually needed more to blast down raid mobs.

Pexutin
05-17-2014, 05:07 PM
For ports and raids, you want to be a wizard. For easier/fun leveling, you want druid.

Wizards also get translocates in velious (single target ports) druid doesn't

Clark
05-17-2014, 05:13 PM
You'll probably have more fun leveling a druid, but in a raid at end game, wizards are usually needed more to blast down raid mobs.

Tankdan
05-17-2014, 05:21 PM
Expansion will prob be here if you're just now starting the class, so:

Velious: Druids get new 60 buff and a good heal equivalent to Divine Light cleric spell.
Velious: Wizards can translocate (port others while you stay in current zone), and still do great burst DPS.

Downside: Both are least priority for groups. They are solo classes.

Me personally, I like druids ability to SoW and Lev and whatnot. Thats what im playing as my main alt.

Tecmos Deception
05-17-2014, 05:42 PM
Wizard: uncommon class, high demand for guilds and groups. Can solo effectively (though it's a slow playstyle, lots of downtime) with quadding, group for best XP in game at 55+ in AE groups, and is pretty top-notch DPS in raids now and in Velious. Translocates are awesome.

Druid: common class, low demand for guilds and groups. Can solo effectively (in different ways too, quadding, root+rot, charm), PL buddies, farm some for cash, and contribute to raids though in non-essential ways.

Make your choice! I went wizard cause I don't need the one thing that, imo, druids can do that my wiz+enchanter can't do better: PL.

HethGnome
05-17-2014, 05:45 PM
Wizard: you get to wear a pretty dress.

Tecmos Deception
05-17-2014, 05:50 PM
Wizard: you get to wear a pretty dress.

Druids (some races only) get robes too!

Swish
05-17-2014, 06:26 PM
Druids are 2nd rate for most things 50+, if you want to really enjoy the end game at 60 - make a wizard out of those two choices.

Briscoe
05-17-2014, 06:50 PM
Human Druid: you get to wear a pretty dress.

:D

fastboy21
05-17-2014, 06:57 PM
whichever one you like playing more...

seriously, grow up with these borderline troll threads. its a ROLE playing game, pick a class you enjoy.

webrunner5
05-17-2014, 08:49 PM
My main toon is my Druid. But in Velious COTH is going to be huge, and so will be clicky mana stick. And Translocate is pretty cool. Really doesn't interrupt a group. So I think I would roll a Wizard if I was you.

You can't loose either way with one, but to be honest you can make a LOT more plat porting, PLing with a Druid. But Wizards are sort of scarce on here so will be in big demand in Velious.

Zuranthium
05-17-2014, 09:23 PM
whichever one you like playing more...

seriously, grow up with these borderline troll threads. its a ROLE playing game, pick a class you enjoy.

People don't know if they will enjoy a class before picking it, that's why they ask...

Not to mention people think they know what they will enjoy and then it turns out, after putting a lot of time and effort in, their class doesn't at all do what was advertised (WIZARD).

fastboy21
05-17-2014, 09:25 PM
People don't know if they will enjoy a class before picking it, that's why they ask...

Not to mention people think they know what they will enjoy and then it turns out, after putting a lot of time and effort in, their class doesn't at all do what was advertised (WIZARD).

keep believing that. you really think there are this many folks who don't know the difference between wizards and druid in a 15 year old mmo?

maybe some of them don't. maybe this op didn't. most of these threads are bait to start class debates by trolls.

Zuranthium
05-17-2014, 09:27 PM
you really think there are this many folks who don't know the difference between wizards and druid in a 15 year old mmo?

Of course there are. A lot of people come to p1999 never having played classic EQ, you know?

Cecily
05-17-2014, 09:37 PM
Wizards are a quadding soloist porter class who are good at killing raid bosses, but are unwanted in traditional exp groups.

Druids are a quadding, dotting, and charming soloist porter class who are bad at killing raid bosses, but are unwanted in traditional exp groups.