PDA

View Full Version : Klandicar attack/fear

wycca
06-27-2014, 03:58 AM
Did some playing with Klandicar tonight. Small sample size, but figured I'd mention it so others can chime in. I think his attack may be a bit too high, every single hit except 2 was for max on our wars.

Also, similar to what is being reported for Sontalak, we encountered major fear resist problems. 400+MR for fear resists = very low chance of being resisted. I think we had 1 or 2 resists out of 15-25 hits on people in our bard group. Non bard groups have pretty much no chance to resist.

Hitpoint
06-27-2014, 10:55 AM
Our raid felt the same way about resists on many dragon aoes. Especially sont and kland's fear, and also some aoes in ntov. We don't have classic logs to compare them to, but the general consensus among people who did raid Velious on live was that most aoes were actually quite easy to resist. And they are very difficult to resist right now. Take that for what it's worth.

Nirgon
06-27-2014, 12:52 PM
Looks good then:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlzAutiwi_A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YBEqvc01ZE

Guilds in Velious/gear taking fears 8)

Look @ 1:50 in 2nd vid

Fun fact that root/regen potions should make fear not work on you

Nirgon
06-27-2014, 12:59 PM
Velious geared guild killing Gorenaire for comparison

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUJLRbg3r_g&list=UUjjmmtpsz2UqlblfQGRh2ZQ

Lots go running in Velious gear when fear goes off

(They wtfpwn her with a burst at the end)

wycca
06-27-2014, 11:46 PM
Velious geared guild killing Gorenaire for comparison

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUJLRbg3r_g&list=UUjjmmtpsz2UqlblfQGRh2ZQ

Lots go running in Velious gear when fear goes off

(They wtfpwn her with a burst at the end)

We know nothing about their levels, buffs, resist gear, or bards in group.

I think it's worth mentioning that the person who is taking the video, has a bard, and doesn't get feared once.

Ie, I'm not sure this proves much, the people running could be 50ish, not have good resist gear, and not have bards (and yes, you would get a fair amount feared in that scenario on Gor).

wycca
06-27-2014, 11:58 PM
Looks good then:

Interesting videos. I think it actually helps show that fear resists are off.

In the first video, there aren't actually a ton feared, you can quite clearly see pretty much all the warriors and clerics resist it everytime - they assumidly have bards. The people running probably are bard-free. The person taking the video did not have a bard.

The second video has more fears, but there are still clearly 2-3 groups that don't get feared really. Most guilds in velious ran with 2-3 bards, so it also seems logical that these are bard groups, and that bard groups don't really have fear land that often. Velious, in terms of AE's, is often mentioned at how necessary bards were - this is why.

I think this actually helps prove that these fear resists are not classic. We have lvl 60's with 400+MR who are pretty much all fleeing with only a stray resist. That is quite clearly not what was happening on either of those Kland runs.

Ie, I think your videos make a good argument about how this fear landing so much is not classic.

Mac Drettj
06-28-2014, 12:39 AM
Looks good then:

I like how the mana depletes slowly, instead of instantly.

heartbrand
06-28-2014, 08:29 AM
Wtb root/regen pots

John_Snu
06-28-2014, 12:06 PM

In the first video, there aren't actually a ton feared, you can quite clearly see pretty much all the warriors and clerics resist it everytime - they assumidly have bards. The people running probably are bard-free. The person taking the video did not have a bard.

The second video has more fears, but there are still clearly 2-3 groups that don't get feared really. Most guilds in velious ran with 2-3 bards, so it also seems logical that these are bard groups, and that bard groups don't really have fear land that often. Velious, in terms of AE's, is often mentioned at how necessary bards were - this is why.

I think this actually helps prove that these fear resists are not classic. We have lvl 60's with 400+MR who are pretty much all fleeing with only a stray resist. That is quite clearly not what was happening on either of those Kland runs.

Ie, I think your videos make a good argument about how thserious?? landing so much is not classic.

Lol? Is this serious?? We watching the same video?

wycca
06-28-2014, 07:57 PM
You showed me 3 videos.

THey showed people with bard songs (or who likely have bard songs) resisting. They also showed people running away. The point is, there are obviously a core - 2-3 groups in each, that resisted regularly. Everyone else is hit or miss. The core probably have bard songs and resist gear and are all 60's. They just stand there doing their jobs in all 3 videos really. The guy in the Gor video with bard song doesnt get feared once.

The others could be non-60's, they likely do not have a bard, they may not have resist gear, we have no way of knowing.

So the only takeaway you can get from these videos is that yes, there were several groups of people in these videos that simply don't get feared like everyone else. There are 10-20 people who do get feared with varying regularity. This is definitely not what is happening on beta - there are no 2-3 groups standing there managing the mob while everyone else gets feared....it's everyone getting feared pretty much.

Ergo, thanks for helping prove that the fear hitting so much isn't classic.

Victorio
07-03-2014, 11:29 PM
For what it's worth, I was a cleric during Velious and did all of the raids, and Klandi almost never feared me if I had a bard in group when I was lvl 60, even though I didn't wear much resist gear

wycca
07-03-2014, 11:45 PM
Yes, the cap was 255 on resists then too I might add. Nobody had 400+ resists like we do with a bard. The groups resisting stuff consistently in these videos didn't have over 255 resists.

Resist system borked.

Scrubosaur
07-04-2014, 01:39 AM
That's exactly how we ran things in the Wrecker's guild on Tholuxe Paells. We had 3 bards (I was one) which we placed in the a group with tanks, healers and top DPS (monks/rogues). When I watched the videos it appears the tank groups aren't getting feared. Levels made a big difference in resists during that time period and in my guild getting level 60 > any resist gear you could equip.

Nirgon
07-04-2014, 12:34 PM
Basically entire raid gets feared unlike how it is here now with everyone resisting every fear haha basically

(I remember listening to the same story when Trakanon got fixed)

Hopefully Lady Nev and Aaryonar aoe lands every time

Scrubosaur
07-05-2014, 10:42 AM
Basically entire raid gets feared unlike how it is here now with everyone resisting every fear haha basically

Whirl til you hurl was almost unresistable. Even playing live on Vulak it would hit a majority of the raid even with bard boxes in the groups.

wycca
07-05-2014, 04:17 PM

Um, did you even try Klandicar on beta? The fear is pretty much only resistable like 5-10% of the time with 400+ MR. Those videos, as well as classic accounts, show that the fear is resistable, reliably so, and this is with resist caps of 255.

Every single classic discussion thread of Kland barely mentions the fear - they mainly focus on healing the AE and the importance of debuffing him. Those two things (healing the AE and the debuffs) are quite clearly the most notable things about the fight. If everyone was getting feared (warriors/clerics) 90-95% of the time, you think they would have talked about that non-stop. They don't, and the videos quite clearly show that 2-3 groups of people, with a max MR of 255 (not 500), aren't getting feared.

Victorio
07-07-2014, 12:22 PM
Nirgon please go see the posts I make in this thread:

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156630

Especially the last two with videos of lvl 60s in velious gear fighting Kland / Zland, zland especially.

Rallyd
07-08-2014, 06:00 PM
We just did Kland last night, tried somewhere in the arena of 100-150 slows on her while aggro kiting, not a single one landed. This is with Puretone Occlusion, Tashanian, and Malo.

Seems to me they left the kunark MR immunity on dragons in for velious dragons as well, this is incorrect as well, Velious dragons lacked the kunark MR immunity because they were able to change the 32k hp limit in velious, so the Immunity was no longer necessary.

Also at 481 MR on my 60 iksar monk i resisted fear 0 times out of approximately 11, Sounds like some major work still needs to be done.

Nirgon
07-08-2014, 06:52 PM
Side note: Fear like root and charm should do checks for breaking early too

The 256+ stuff needs to go somehow also

Orruar
07-09-2014, 10:51 AM
We just did Kland last night, tried somewhere in the arena of 100-150 slows on her while aggro kiting, not a single one landed. This is with Puretone Occlusion, Tashanian, and Malo.

Seems to me they left the kunark MR immunity on dragons in for velious dragons as well, this is incorrect as well, Velious dragons lacked the kunark MR immunity because they were able to change the 32k hp limit in velious, so the Immunity was no longer necessary.

Also at 481 MR on my 60 iksar monk i resisted fear 0 times out of approximately 11, Sounds like some major work still needs to be done.

Note that Klandi may be flagged as a belly caster here (which is wrong I believe). When we were testing with wiz fire lure (-300 FR), it would only land when the wizard was directly under Klandi.

Hitpoint
07-09-2014, 01:23 PM
Note that Klandi may be flagged as a belly caster here (which is wrong I believe). When we were testing with wiz fire lure (-300 FR), it would only land when the wizard was directly under Klandi.

Yep he is a belly caster here. Is this classic?

Anyway, we used suicidal shamans belly casting to try and slow him. With full resist debuffs including bard for a lot of the time. We killed shamans constantly for at least 20 minutes trying to slow him and it never landed once. He should be slowable.

Rallyd
07-10-2014, 01:53 AM
These 100-150 slows we casted were belly casted, this is just an assumption on all dragons that we make. He is not flagged as immune, but seems to have the Kunark dragon Magic immunity and this immunity was removed for velious. Slow should be a relatively easy spell to stick on Velious dragons who are not immune when Tashanian/Malo/Occlusion are taken into consideration.

Nirgon
07-10-2014, 03:31 PM
Fully debuffed should be like 30% chance of landing or so if indeed it is a slowable raid mob

Alunova
07-11-2014, 03:17 PM
Lowered his level to match other Velious bosses which should bring his resists and attack more in line.

Fixed, pending update

wycca
07-11-2014, 06:22 PM
Lowered his level to match other Velious bosses which should bring his resists and attack more in line.

Fixed, pending update

Thanks! Looking forward to testing him when hes updated.

R Flair
07-12-2014, 07:16 AM

Ie, I think your videos make a good argument about how this fear landing so much is not classic.

Good points, and this doesn't even take into account that players back then were complete newbs. I played on a pvp server where resist gear was much more important and dragon fears were less of an issue. The average player on a blue server ran around in +str/hp/wis/int gear 24/7, hence the fears. I can tell you they didn't have bags of jac/diamond rings, bd earrings, wolfs bracers and tranni/frog crowns etc like our guild kept on us mandatory.

Alunova
07-12-2014, 02:35 PM
I can tell you they didn't have bags of jac/diamond rings, bd earrings, wolfs bracers and tranni/frog crowns etc like our guild kept on us mandatory.

By Velious most blue servers knew to keep and use resist gear. It was mandatory in my guild at least. Lets be honest ;P

Full set of resist gear and "always on" stable internet were our #1 requirements. The first 2 videos are both known hardcore raid guilds. They had resist gear on.

R Flair
07-12-2014, 06:26 PM
Played on both server types up to end game raiding (wasnt much raiding on pvp servers early on) and half our raiding guild on pve server was cannon fodder until well into velious. It took them quite a while to learn what the avg pvp player knew since classic.

Method
08-09-2014, 10:59 PM
Resists seem to be working just fine, Klandicar shouldn't just fall over dead he should be hard and take team work and practice to get him down, here is my logs from the past couple weekends of working on Kland, Feared x2 in about 10 attempts - 340MR

Wed Jul 16 20:31:24 2014] You resist the Dragon Roar spell
Wed Jul 16 20:32:00 2014] You resist the Dragon Roar spell
Wed Jul 16 20:49:01 2014] You resist the Dragon Roar spell
Wed Jul 16 21:04:33 2014] You resist the Dragon Roar spell

Sat Aug 02 13:27:51 2014] You resist the Dragon Roar spell
Sat Aug 02 13:47:44 2014] You resist the Dragon Roar spell
Sat Aug 02 14:10:03 2014] You resist the Dragon Roar spell
Sat Aug 02 14:10:40 2014] You resist the Dragon Roar spell
Sat Aug 02 14:52:24 2014] You resist the Dragon Roar spell
Sat Aug 02 14:53:00 2014] You resist the Dragon Roar spell
Sat Aug 02 15:08:47 2014] You resist the Dragon Roar spell

Sat Aug 09 12:29:29 2014] You resist the Dragon Roar spell
Sat Aug 09 13:11:55 2014] You resist the Dragon Roar spell
Sat Aug 09 13:12:32 2014] You resist the Dragon Roar spell
Sat Aug 09 13:33:32 2014] You resist the Dragon Roar spell
Sat Aug 09 13:34:09 2014] You resist the Dragon Roar spell
Sat Aug 09 13:51:42 2014] You resist the Dragon Roar spell
Sat Aug 09 13:52:18 2014] You resist the Dragon Roar spell
Sat Aug 09 14:25:06 2014] You resist the Dragon Roar spell
Sat Aug 09 14:25:43 2014] You resist the Dragon Roar spell
Sat Aug 09 14:26:20 2014] You resist the Dragon Roar spell
Sat Aug 09 14:26:56 2014] You lose control of yourself!
Sat Aug 09 14:26:56 2014] You flee in terror
Sat Aug 09 14:45:51 2014] You resist the Dragon Roar spell
Sat Aug 09 14:46:29 2014] You resist the Dragon Roar spell
Sat Aug 09 14:47:06 2014] You resist the Dragon Roar spell
Sat Aug 09 15:08:30 2014] You resist the Dragon Roar spell
Sat Aug 09 15:09:07 2014] You resist the Dragon Roar spell
Sat Aug 09 15:09:43 2014] You resist the Dragon Roar spell
Sat Aug 09 15:10:20 2014] You resist the Dragon Roar spell
Sat Aug 09 15:10:57 2014] You resist the Dragon Roar spell
Sat Aug 09 15:34:20 2014] You resist the Dragon Roar spell
Sat Aug 09 15:34:56 2014] You resist the Dragon Roar spell
Sat Aug 09 15:35:32 2014] You lose control of yourself!
Sat Aug 09 15:35:33 2014] You flee in terror
Sat Aug 09 15:36:09 2014] You resist the Dragon Roar spell
Sat Aug 09 15:36:45 2014] You resist the Dragon Roar spell

PBRibbon
08-10-2014, 12:36 AM
Really nice looking resists for that fight! He is definitely a great mob to take down for ST keys. Pre slowing is always a good way to go with this one since he hits like a truck as well! Love seeing this work being done on Velious expansion!

Nirgon
08-11-2014, 12:22 PM
Keep in mind issues with slows landing on Velious mobs vs what you remember is probably due to bard tash orb proc not stacking with enchanter casted versions.

Rather than do something like offset resist values on NPCs to get "slow working", I'd like to see the right thing done and bard buff stacking added 8). Shit will be real immersive once we got that going :).