PDA

View Full Version : Lord Yelinak - Currently Not Rooted In Place

Erati
07-05-2014, 11:37 PM
So I went down there to take a look at him and marvel at his majesty.

He was glorious, and I went in closer for some screenshots outside his room, all I needed was his gate opened to swoop my camera in

then low and behold the bastard charges at me and starts crawling out of his lair

WTF hes suppose to be rooted I thought, as I quickly ran and Thurggate

Jan 11 2001 at 3:22 PMRating: Excellent
Anonymous
He does not really move from the spot he's at. Has a low aggro range.

Apr 04 2001 at 12:20 PMRating: Default
Anonymous
He scowls at me and my friend, yet last night we were walking around in his lair and he never attacked. We didn't get right up close to him, but we walked along the edge where it drops off into the water. Even made it to the other side of him to get out of the lair. =)

Jul 15 2001 at 1:38 AMRating: Default
Anonymous
The reason you were not aggroed is this dragon, like some other mobs that verant didn't want exploited, are "perma-rooted". This means, even when aggroed, they can not move. Verant did this so people couldn't run him into a wall or something to exploit. though you can still push him with melee *shrug*. So that you can't sit back and nuke him and use trueshot; he, unfortunately, summons T_T

Ambrotos
07-05-2014, 11:39 PM
He wasn't rooted at first. There was a exploit to "drown" him, and he became rooted afterwards. Yes, you could still push him, so was a odd change.

Erati
07-05-2014, 11:55 PM
He wasn't rooted at first. There was a exploit to "drown" him, and he became rooted afterwards. Yes, you could still push him, so was a odd change.

seems if theres a known exploit to drown him makes sense to have him start off rooted here

When my guild on live ( one of the top on Bristlebane ) first went after Yelinak he was already rooted at that point so it had to be a very quick change in the timeline

Ele
07-06-2014, 12:08 AM
There were at least 3 versions of yelinak.

Ambrotos
07-06-2014, 12:59 AM
seems if theres a known exploit to drown him makes sense to have him start off rooted here

When my guild on live ( one of the top on Bristlebane ) first went after Yelinak he was already rooted at that point so it had to be a very quick change in the timeline

That feature(exploit) wouldn't/can't be able to be reproduced here.