PDA

View Full Version : Sontalak Speech

Ele
07-17-2014, 10:18 AM
http://www.tokyo2001.com/game/eq/quest/westwastes/westwastes02.html

>hail Sontalak.

Why are you here Xxxxx?
There is nothing you can gain from this land but an unsung death at the talons of your betters.
If you want to prove your worth to Dragonkind, it will take more than slaying a few giants to accomplish it. Far more.

なぜあなたはここに来たのですか?
あなたはここでは死以外の何も得る物はありません。
もしあなたが竜族に自分の価値を証明することを望むなら、ジャイアントを殺す事が必要であろう。もっと多く 。

>Prove my worth.

Slaying all the Kromzek would be a good start.
But that may be asking too much of such weak creatures.

すべてのKromzekを殺すことは良い事であるでしょう。
けれどもそれは、あなたの様な弱い生物にとっては無理な要求かもしれませんが。

nilbog
07-17-2014, 10:24 AM
Added, pending update.

I'm not sure what faction this should require, so I implemented it as kindly or better. If someone finds this information, it's a quick change.

pasi
07-20-2014, 04:40 PM
In addition, Sontalak was part of a likely broken quest chain.

You would tell him 'The King is Dead' and he would reply demanding proof. There was some follow up text as well. I threw him a dain, tormax, and yelinak head with max faction which were all eaten up.

bluejam
08-12-2014, 09:48 AM
I'm kindly to CoV at this point.

[Tue Aug 12 15:50:38 2014] You say, 'Hail, Sontalak'
[Tue Aug 12 15:50:38 2014] Sontalak says 'Why are you here, Iksar? There is nothing you can gain from this land but an unsung death at the talons of your betters. If you want to prove your worth to Dragonkind, it will take more than slaying a few giants to accomplish it. Far more.'
[Tue Aug 12 15:50:45 2014] You say, 'prove worth'
[Tue Aug 12 15:50:46 2014] Sontalak says 'Slaying all the Kromzek would be a good start. But that may be asking too much of such weak creatures.'
[Tue Aug 12 15:50:49 2014] You say, 'the king is dead'
[Tue Aug 12 15:50:50 2014] Sontalak says 'Yes, morsel? You mean to tell me you have accomplished the task I set before you? Then it is proof I shall be having, or it is lunch I shall be having, do you understand?'

"what task", "what proof" didn't yield any results so I handed him king tormax's head (which I happened to have on me), he gave it back and replied:

[Tue Aug 12 15:51:33 2014] Sontalak says 'What is this rubbish?'

handed in a shard of hsgara (sp?!), vindi head, same thing.