PDA

View Full Version : beta testing velious

Rulien
08-29-2014, 01:31 PM
Hi everyone
I want to beta Velious but I am not sure if I download the spells and beta info will it muck up my being able to play on the regular server. I had a real tough time getting through the last .dll muck up and do not want to have to reload the whole game again. Thanks for any help I may get.

Thulack
08-29-2014, 01:46 PM
Yes it will change it. Your best bet is to copy your eq folder and rename it to p99beta then extract the files there and make a shortcut for it.

Vandy
08-29-2014, 02:40 PM
You can either make 2 copies of your P99 folder one for Regular or you can use the batch file I created(extract to p99 folder, place shortcut on desktop) which will "patch" the version you want to play on.

If you don't have the hard drive space the batch file is simple, it will prompt you for which server you want to Patch. You just run it before you open Everquest. You can patch for Beta open everquest and then patch for blue and open another instance of everquest if you want to play on both servers at once.

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143954

Rulien
08-29-2014, 02:53 PM
thank you both for info I have made a separate file for velious and it seems ok just need to find out how to copy a character to the server it will not let me make a new one

Vandy
08-29-2014, 03:39 PM
There is a Sticky post at the top with Character Copy and Beta Buff information.

Thulack
08-29-2014, 07:16 PM
thank you both for info I have made a separate file for velious and it seems ok just need to find out how to copy a character to the server it will not let me make a new one

go on to your toon on blue/red and type /beta, hit enter, type /beta, hit enter. Then your toon will be on the beta server.