PDA

View Full Version : My two cents

NoMercy
12-02-2014, 06:14 PM
Hello everyone,

I have a couple of opinion points on the Velious Beta.

1. Raid Group formation, or rather the lack of. I wish oh how I wish we could actually form a raid group. I know the content. I can and have led raids in Velious and such content. I am sure many of you all have as well and can as well. That being said, I can say I am reluctant to step up and lead a raid because I have no way of really controlling a raid. If I had the ability to form a raid group and control who was in which group, I then can direct those groups to perform a specified task. Even loot distribution, for when those pieces that should be rolled on are not. I have seen plenty just looted and nothing said. Being able to form a raid group adds to the cohesion of the raid. Even a pick up group raid would be much easier to put together and lead with the raid tools being implemented.

2. Not being having anything to show for our efforts. I feel, and it is in my opinion that the majority of the players lack the motivation to test content because the rewards are soon to be gone. Yes it is awesome to be boosted to 60 get some neat dreamy gear and an epic, have the power to GM resurrect, being GM resurrected and not caring about the death. And the other benefits I am sure I don't need to list them all. But in the end I go back to reality, which is, I am a 7 week old new to Project 99 level 35 player.

Well, that is my two cents. I can say though, Yes I do hope Velious comes out. There is excellent content and it melds very nicely with Kunark. Some of my most fondest memories of EverQuest are during this content. In my opinion it should have never gone past Velious, only perfected and have the bugs and such removed. But that is a discussion for another thread. But as far as Beta testing and Velious is concerned. I feel the real testing will actually come when it is released and we know we are not going to lose our rewards. Pick up group raids would be much easier to do if there were raid tools.

Nomerc D'Kruoris
Bard

Pringles
12-02-2014, 06:30 PM
1) Raid groups = not classic.

2) Rewards for testing = Velious released. What more could you ask for?

Menobank
12-02-2014, 08:37 PM
Pringles......i could ask for Pringles!

NoMercy
12-03-2014, 11:33 AM
1. My current default UI is not classic, nor is some of the in game zone music and fight music. It is still an extremely useful tool that would help a lot.

2. Yes I agree, and I do believe that is what I posted the first time in essence. The true testing and such will come when it goes live.

Nomerc D'Kruoris
Bard

Rourk
12-03-2014, 11:47 AM
There are technical limitations - especially related to the client, which is why you can use a non-classic UI. The raid tool is specifically disabled. The argument of "well X isn't classic and it's in game so Y should be too" would completely undermine the basis of the project.

The true test is Beta. That is literally what it is for.