PDA

View Full Version : Holgresh elder beads

zanderklocke
12-07-2014, 11:57 PM
Dropped off first elder I killed. 5 minutes to obtain.

AWWW YEEEAAAHHH!

Ele
12-08-2014, 03:59 PM
Pro status achieved here ladies and gentlemen.

Ella`Ella
12-08-2014, 04:27 PM
"I'm not going to camp those, they'll be so overcrowded"

-Zanderr 12/7/14, ~10:00pm EST

falkun
12-08-2014, 04:29 PM
Thank god I'm a bard, had these for a whole expansion already. I'd ask why Zander bothered, but then I remembered he's a completionist.

Pringles
12-08-2014, 07:14 PM
I camped them during the beta weekend, killed ~30 elders, notta.

zanderklocke
12-09-2014, 12:47 AM
Pro status achieved here ladies and gentlemen.

We can't all shoot the cyberdemon until it dies.

Ele
12-09-2014, 09:49 AM
Will you unlock prestige bank status with a BFG tho?

falkun
12-09-2014, 11:18 AM
Will you unlock prestige bank status with a BFG tho?

HEF/BRD can use it from inventory? Do I need to update the wiki?

Ele
12-09-2014, 11:26 AM
HEF/BRD can use it from inventory? Do I need to update the wiki?

No, just to keep in the bank for, you know, prestige. :D

I know at least one bard that did the quest only to find out he couldn't use it.

Uteunayr
12-09-2014, 08:00 PM
It took me about 8 hours to camp right when the beta server went live. It was the first thing I sprinted for.

The only thing I remember taking note of is that the center one is generally an Elder, but is on a 2 hour respawn, whereas the others around the room have a significantly less of a chance of being an Elder, but have a 20 minute respawn. I do not know if this still holds up, nor do I remember if I got the beads from an around the room Elder, or the central one.

Just information for when beta goes live. :D

zanderklocke
12-09-2014, 09:09 PM
It took me about 8 hours to camp right when the beta server went live. It was the first thing I sprinted for.

The only thing I remember taking note of is that the center one is generally an Elder, but is on a 2 hour respawn, whereas the others around the room have a significantly less of a chance of being an Elder, but have a 20 minute respawn. I do not know if this still holds up, nor do I remember if I got the beads from an around the room Elder, or the central one.

Just information for when beta goes live. :D

Only the center one was an elder when I showed up, so I killed him and he dropped the beads.

Yikes, if he is 2 hour spawn, not sure I'll do it when Velious goes live. I hate camping stuff.

Nuggie
12-10-2014, 12:10 AM
I definitely got mine from one of the outside spawns.

Pringles
12-10-2014, 01:05 AM
I've been trying to find evidence but I think there should be a named in the cave that drops the beads every time..... But I've yet to see a named there on beta. Maybe that was after they removed them and the named drops the nerfed beads?

Nuggie
12-10-2014, 02:02 AM
I've been trying to find evidence but I think there should be a named in the cave that drops the beads every time..... But I've yet to see a named there on beta. Maybe that was after they removed them and the named drops the needed beads?

Grand Vizier Poolakacha`tei (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=6160) I think you mean this guy. He doesn't drop the beads.

zanderklocke
12-10-2014, 11:55 AM
Grand Vizier Poolakacha`tei (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=6160) I think you mean this guy. He doesn't drop the beads.

Seems strange that he would drop the nerfed beads though. Why wouldn't he drop the prenerf beads?

Sylexis
12-10-2014, 05:40 PM
Zander you do realize you've just jinxed yourself to a 15+ hour camp when it goes live now don't you?

zanderklocke
12-10-2014, 05:42 PM
Zander you do realize you've just jinxed yourself to a 15+ hour camp when it goes live now don't you?

I'll be too busy with the Ornate Velium Pendant camp to care about camping the elder beads.

Daldaen
12-10-2014, 06:33 PM
I'll be too busy with the Ornate Velium Pendant camp to care about camping the elder beads.

Out of curiousity what leads you to believe the bard song and the faction clicky stack? The 3 different enchanter spells aren't additive it just takes the best one.

zanderklocke
12-11-2014, 11:40 AM
Out of curiousity what leads you to believe the bard song and the faction clicky stack? The 3 different enchanter spells aren't additive it just takes the best one.

Because the bard song isn't a buff. It's like the low level mana song that doesn't show a buff. I mean, I've never tested though. You should let me borrow your Ornate Velium Pendant to test. Let me know when we can log on to test this.

Faction song and illusion faction changes stack, so I always assumed ornate velium pendant would stack as well.

Daldaen
12-11-2014, 11:47 AM
Illusion faction is different though... Guess it is worth testing though.

Pringles
12-11-2014, 01:58 PM

There are many posts, even in that very link, that suggest he does drop elder beads. Regardless, I never saw him in the cave after many hours, seems like he should be there but I dont think he is.

Daldaen
12-11-2014, 07:57 PM
Because the bard song isn't a buff. It's like the low level mana song that doesn't show a buff. I mean, I've never tested though. You should let me borrow your Ornate Velium Pendant to test. Let me know when we can log on to test this.

Faction song and illusion faction changes stack, so I always assumed ornate velium pendant would stack as well.

I just tested this on my bard.

Used Faction song on Coldain and got to Amiable.
Use Gnomes to drop my faction, each time I would recon. Once It dropped from Amiable to Indifferent, I clicked neck.
It remained Indifferent.

Those faction hits from gnome are 50 I think, the neck is supposed to increase by 100, so it should've bumped me back above Indifferent to Amiable if they stacked.

tl;dr - Doesn't stack with bard song.

zanderklocke
12-11-2014, 08:10 PM
But it's still a junk buff!

Daldaen
12-11-2014, 08:43 PM
Doesn't fill a slot, its hidden lol.

Really, has 0 use for a bard :(.

zanderklocke
12-11-2014, 11:42 PM
Doesn't fill a slot, its hidden lol.

Really, has 0 use for a bard :(.

:(

Uuruk
01-01-2015, 10:58 PM
Zander figuring out he can camp elders in 5 minutes and not have to run in circles for $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Nuggie
01-02-2015, 11:29 PM
There are many posts, even in that very link, that suggest he does drop elder beads. Regardless, I never saw him in the cave after many hours, seems like he should be there but I dont think he is.

My Neccy mate (52) and I (50) are gonna pay him a visit soon, to see what happens. He wants some Elder Beads or something for the Eye of Zomm and if this guy is up we'll take a pop at him whilst we're there. Just have to remember to lev!

This suggests that he does not drop them. That while they are in the area farming the Eldar's they would kill him if he showed up.

Show me the many other posts though. If you want to get something changed you need to come with links and quotes. Nilbog isn't going to make stuff easier for us unless we can prove it was so. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see him drop the beads.

Edit - in addition to the above from this link: (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=5552)

From what I've heard Elders only. But yes you can tap/bond the eyes for health. A must have for necros. second to bottom post. Not to mention they are called ELDER beads.