PDA

View Full Version : Shardtooth in GD

Predator3088
11-06-2015, 01:50 PM
I going to go ahead and say he is broken. From what i can find no one as seen him drop Rune Etched Icewurm Fang a item that was never all that rare back in live. I been camping him for 3 days in a row 12+hrs each day. only seen 20 spawns.... 3 Crystalline Eye drops is all i have found. 0 Shardtooth's Flayed Skin and 0 Rune Etched Icewurm Fang which is what i have been going after :(

Its not just me finding that there is no spear drop
https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212910

U would think i am camping Holgresh Elder Beads or something lol. anyway plz look into and make sure it working right so i can move out of this camp

brecon
11-08-2015, 12:32 AM
I had a similar experience...i got 5 eyes and a bunch of spells off him, no rune etched icewurm fang. I wonder what the drop rate is set at....I feel like I read somewhere that it's like a 1% drop rate off Shardtooth though which could mean the rate is correct.

Zenjai
11-17-2015, 01:53 PM
Im going to add to this.

The loot table is definately fucked up.

From what i read on allakhazam people seem to at least get an item everytime he dies. If its not one of the good items its a wurm meat, runes , other shit.

Ive killed him 5 times so far this morning, and every single time he dropped dick.

Like no items.....always around 1-2pp.

The lower level wurms drop spells like fiery sundering and sometimes yield close to 9pp

WTF ?

nilbog
11-17-2015, 02:15 PM
Looks like his loot table is currently a chance at only dropping an eye.

From what I've read, it seems he should commonly drop shardtooth's flayed skin, and rarely drop the eye, and extremely rarely drop a shard wurm fang.

http://eq.magelo.com/npc/381922

The single post on allakhazam is all I can find about the chance of dropping a rune etched icewurm fang.

At this point, I would simply change the loottable to drop the tunic commonly, eye rarely, and create a different potential drop for the shard wurm fang.

Is there more research somewhere?

Zenjai
11-17-2015, 02:19 PM

From what I've read, it seems he should commonly drop shardtooth's flayed skin, and rarely drop the eye, and extremely rarely drop a shard wurm fang.

That is what a i remember as well. I cannot find a reliable source though.

Thanks for looking into it.

koros
11-30-2015, 04:50 PM

The single post on allakhazam is all I can find about the chance of dropping a rune etched icewurm fang.

At this point, I would simply change the loottable to drop the tunic commonly, eye rarely, and create a different potential drop for the shard wurm fang.

Is there more research somewhere?

Someone probably gave it a fang on live, doubt it was actually on the loot table.

Expediency
01-28-2016, 09:40 PM
I found this thread by searching about the same problem, was this ever fixed? friend spent 7 hours there today saw nothing but eye so I used the search function and found this thread, we just want to know whether there is a chance at spear yet or not

Kevynne
02-10-2016, 02:35 AM
I found this thread by searching about the same problem, was this ever fixed? friend spent 7 hours there today saw nothing but eye so I used the search function and found this thread, we just want to know whether there is a chance at spear yet or not

there is i believe, in altest patch notes nilbog fixed the loot table

Kevynne
02-11-2016, 04:32 AM

found it in a resolved issue, the spear is super rare drop

brecon
02-11-2016, 01:23 PM
Someone needs to decide to twink a shaman and go test it...

Expediency
02-17-2016, 11:11 PM
found it in a resolved issue, the spear is super rare drop

Thanks, we will try it again

Man0warr
02-18-2016, 11:11 AM
Magelo says the spear only drops off Oracles in Kael. Nilbog loves to use Magelo.