PDA

View Full Version : Power Gamers Guide for p99

JurisDictum
05-04-2016, 06:57 PM
I want to provide a succulent description of the dominate strategy in getting to the p99 endgame. This is for those of you somewhat new to the server, but already know you want to get the best items in the game.

Basically, you want to play long enough to generate enough money to be raid prepped. Unfortunately, the best way to do this is to join a casual guild that you will have to leave somewhat shortly.

These guilds are very nice and helpful to people leveling up and getting basic gear. More experienced players can help you learn the ropes getting money and experience. Don't bother getting your epic if you are a Paladin or Shadowknight -- because it isn't worth the effort. Or better yet, if you are a Shadowknight, just reroll altogether.

After you get what is to be had from the casual guild, you will want to join a real raid guild. And I'm not being biased at all when I tell you there is only one real raid guild ATM, and that's <Aftermath>. They have the most impressive history as a standing raid entity. Make sure to avoid any knock off guilds that are designed to mislead you. (examples: Aftermourn, Afterlife, Awakened).

If you want the best gear on the server, you need to respond to batphones. Meaning that you will get a text when a dragon is up (at all times of certain window) and you need to try to make to at least 1/4 those events. Do what you told and don't be a dumbass. The more you show up the more gear you eventually get. Gearing is slow.

Remember that in the end, it is all about if you are enjoying your time here at p99. That's why I recommend joining a casual guild, gearing up enough to attend raids, and then joining the real raid guild to polish off your character. Just don't fall into any traps, like joining the wrong guild

indiscriminate_hater
05-04-2016, 07:04 PM
now Dennis, I've heard that speed has something to do with it

Jay F Kay
05-04-2016, 07:11 PM
Speed has EVERYTHING to do with it.............

Swish
05-04-2016, 07:11 PM
I feel sick reading the OP, and feel bad for those who made bad life decisions resulting in being "top dog" and "the best of the best".

Sorry, do continue your 24 hour tracking and fake currency hoarding :o

(and in b4 RNF)

Naethyn
05-04-2016, 07:17 PM
What a scumbag path to take - basically don't take OP's advice.

PS. Awakened was around before Aftermeth. Your thread by definition is designed to mislead.

Raev
05-04-2016, 07:21 PM
this isn't even a good troll. 5/10 on the idea, 1/10 on the execution

Joyelle
05-04-2016, 07:58 PM
I'm confused.. is the right guild the one that gets the most targets?

Gimp
05-04-2016, 08:09 PM
this is bad, and I'm all for a good troll thread

JurisDictum
05-04-2016, 08:12 PM
Here I am trying to do a public service and pass on valuable information to new players. And these guys come in here to spam propaganda and discredit the guide. They are trying to mislead you, and know exactly what they are doing.

Eggbell
05-04-2016, 09:54 PM
Or better yet, if you are a Shadowknight, just reroll altogether.

Why is Shadow Knight a bad class?

Ahem, I'm actually new here.

Swish
05-04-2016, 10:35 PM

Its a great class, and better than clericadins.

NarcolepticLTD
05-05-2016, 01:20 AM
For a moment I thought I was reading in RnF... weird!

mr_jon3s
05-05-2016, 03:27 AM
This post is the reason why top guilds are top guilds. People want instant gratification. I was in a couple of guilds pre velious that were trying to break into the raid scene starting off doing hate and fear. But little by little people became like this guy. Join the guild get some levels and leave. No loyalty.

jolanar
05-05-2016, 09:27 AM
this isn't even a good troll. 5/10 on the idea, 1/10 on the execution

GreldorEQ
05-05-2016, 09:41 AM
Gearing is slow.
enjoy... your time here at p99

TLDR: Here you go community. Great suggestions, OP!

thufir
05-05-2016, 10:03 AM

It is a great class if are new to the server imo. Tanking with a shadowknight is very efficient as you can get aggro easily with your spells. You also have a good toolkit to experiment with which can make you into a good puller and reasonable soloer. Groups will form around you; people will ask you to join them in dungeons.

If you want to be an endgame raider though, shadowknights have no real role. They can't tank the nastiest things like warriors can, they generally aren't asked to pull on raids, and their DPS is poor. So a lot of people here who have multiple 60s and/or are in the top end raiding guilds eschew shadowknights.

It's a lot of playing to get to 60 though, so if you're new I wouldn't worry about it. If you get totally sucked in and thirst for the raid scene you can do things about that later.

I love my shadowknight, always have; he makes the game very enjoyable. But it's not a raid class.

JurisDictum
05-05-2016, 02:11 PM
It's worth noting that Shadowknights got a lot better in Luclin

#Luclin4p99

Swish
05-05-2016, 06:00 PM
would love Luclin <3

warioman91
05-05-2016, 07:37 PM
would love Luclin <3

How does p99 choose how it rolls out content? I'm new here as well, from what I've heard it has put in patches and stuff in the same order as they were on live.

BUT, since it is called project 99 and I saw that kunark and vellious came out like in 2000, does this project have plans to keep going? Is there a certain point where the spirit of classic everquest dies? I'm just wondering. Like is this going to keep advancing with more updates of expansion content?

NarcolepticLTD
05-05-2016, 07:41 PM
How does p99 choose how it rolls out content? I'm new here as well, from what I've heard it has put in patches and stuff in the same order as they were on live.

BUT, since it is called project 99 and I saw that kunark and vellious came out like in 2000, does this project have plans to keep going? Is there a certain point where the spirit of classic everquest dies? I'm just wondering. Like is this going to keep advancing with more updates of expansion content?

You should probably start a new thread about that actually. We haven't had a new one this week and are about due.

Swish
05-05-2016, 08:03 PM

It stops at Velious, but they may add some custom content. Also don't mind the Luclin haters, there's plenty here.

JurisDictum
05-05-2016, 08:08 PM
It stops at Velious, but they may add some custom content. Also don't mind the Luclin haters, there's plenty here.

See Swish doesn't believe, as I believe that Luclin is possible on this server.

That being said, this server was intended to end at Velious as a museum of classic EQ. I have to admit, after Velious something changed with the game. But a lot of that it turns out was the god damn player base changing and there's no going back. So I say, along with the majority, end this server at PoP. Maybe add in a Classic only server with a classic timeline as well.

But the devs never signed up for that shit. They would have to be convinced somehow.

trite
05-05-2016, 08:08 PM

At the beginning of the project they decided that after Velious the original content started becoming completely deprecated and they would stop at Velious.

Swish
05-05-2016, 08:10 PM
See Swish doesn't believe, as I believe that Luclin is possible on this server.

http://i.imgur.com/au59cey.jpg

snergle
05-06-2016, 09:07 PM
At the beginning of the project they decided that after Velious the original content started becoming completely deprecated and they would stop at Velious.

I dunno about other servers but on rz during luclin the top guilds abandoned tov letting more casual people move in. Which wasn't possible on velious outside of stuff like trak or gore once in a blue moon. Something this server could really use imo.

AA's also gave casuals something else to strive for on their characters.

Pop was a more fun luclin with actual targets lower end guilds could do in pop like grummus, the pov dragon, bot minis. Maybe even snag a couple , cazics daughter , mm, karana, while working up to rz to get into sol ro / eplanes. All the while doing luclin mobs and farming the group gear in xp parties.

I wish tak project had a bigger pop then red. Even if it had like 500 during prime time I would be more willing to play there more. I think 2 boxing is what turns most people off but I've been able to get groups easily w/o it and I only play there during off peak hours.

Jimjam
05-07-2016, 02:18 AM
It seems to me like Tak jazzed through classic (no expansions) while no one was even playing the server, which is a shame cos no expansions is the most classic, ergo best, era.

fastboy21
05-07-2016, 08:36 AM
Wat?! Thanks for post this Mr. OP.

You have good gear? Me want good gear! You have good raid? Me want good raid too!

Please PM me if you like eat pie with me.