PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Half Elf Druid starts in Qeynos

Aija
10-23-2009, 03:05 PM
I'm not sure if this is meant to be, but my trainer that I have to give the note to is in Surefall Glades and I tried running through Qeynos Hill to get there but..um...was attacked by red gnolls and never made it. :p

lapis_lazuli
10-23-2009, 03:06 PM
Should start in Surefall.

alittleviral
05-09-2015, 04:31 PM
I just made a half-elf druid. She popped up in Queynos. I'll delete her and try again, but there are no druid trainers in Queynos and, as the thread starter said, it's extremely dangerous to run to my home zone. Since my first task is to give my trainer a note, I'm sure I can do this. Plus I need access to the Druids guild.

If this keeps happening is there a place (link, plz) I can file a bug?

Buellen
05-09-2015, 08:22 PM
you're supposed to start in surefall glad, the change to start inqeynos was done by Sony to promote an easier level path for druids and Rangers who followed karana.

alittleviral
05-09-2015, 08:31 PM
Thank you very much for the info. Glad it's not a bug. I have one more question, if you don't mind. Is it an easier level path because of all the things to kill outside of Queynos?

maximum
05-10-2015, 10:28 AM
Cross-linking with 2010 duplicate post: http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13787

Grimjaw
05-11-2015, 03:20 AM
ez fix should be done

Buellen
05-11-2015, 07:33 PM
Thank you very much for the info. Glad it's not a bug. I have one more question, if you don't mind. Is it an easier level path because of all the things to kill outside of Queynos?

Starting in Surefall Glade is harder due to wide path ing areas of the mobs outside surefall glade i.e. qeynos hills. The mobs here on P1999 pathing is all screwy (hard thing to fix). so you end up with lots of the newby mobs wandering far away or not there at all( 3 grey wolf spawn near surefall glade).

All these makes for harder level path for druids/ rangers of karana for first few levels. It is not impossible to level there on p1999, but it is diffidently different than live back in the day or even eqmac when that was up.

Grimjaw
05-11-2015, 07:44 PM
it is a bug, sony introduced it and we replicated it. also Aeolwind was totally wrong in that linked thread. Regardless, at this point in timeline it should definitely be SFG

Ravenfeather
06-27-2015, 09:42 AM
The same thing happens with rangers -- a friend of mine ran into this tonight. I tried various combinations, and I get:

Human druid: Surefalls
Human ranger: Qeynos
Half-elf druid: Qeynos
Half-elf ranger: Qeynos

Tunare vs. Karana doesn't seem to make a difference.