PDA

View Full Version : Plat farming guide

Munkh
01-28-2017, 05:35 PM
I know there must be like 10 of these posted a day, but I have tried to search the forum for a decent/good plat farming guide and I am not able to find one.

If someone can give me a forum link to one that's on here that i've obviously missed that would be great!

Thank you in advance,

Confused Shaman in distress

Munhk

Somekid123
01-28-2017, 05:50 PM
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157532 - Red99 version, item prices will be diff then blue but its a start, that and its outdated from kunark days.

Tupakk
01-28-2017, 06:26 PM
Roll a Druid get to 45 join DaP.

OR

Read the wikki.

With no information from you its hard to give you any kind of guide.

maximum
01-28-2017, 06:59 PM
http://wiki.project1999.com/Category:Player_Guides

Baler
01-28-2017, 08:10 PM
People will not share their plat camps. I googled and searched the forums/wiki till my eyes bled. In the end I found the best ones for me through trial and error in the field.

What I did was go to various locations I thought were promising or went out looking for camps. Started a timer for 30 minutes and kept track of all my net gains during that time. If it looked promising I did it again for an hour. Then I could establish a rough plat per hour rate.

There are a ton of camps you can make 300-400 plat per hour. several that fluctuate around 500. Anything above 500 is where it starts to slim. Your ideal goal is ~1k plat per hour or you're really just wasting your time in terms of solo plat. I even look at it the same for item camps. If you're camping an item worth say 3k plat and it takes you 4 hours to get it. I would consider that 750 play per hour. or if it took you 6 hours to get it. Then that's 500 plat per hour.

It also depends on your class and your capabilities as a player. Certain classes and players can do some insane high level content solo. Others are happy just getting by.

Edit: I see you're a shaman. Your Number ONE goal should be getting to level 60 and trying to obtain torpor. Then you can farm plat.

Baler
01-28-2017, 08:31 PM
Note that I never said "buy torpor" I said obtain.

Landael
01-28-2017, 09:08 PM
bonechips spider silks fine steel gems from giants/golems/WL mobs, tradeskill stuff like ores or even foraged velious tradeskill items. All depends on what level you are and if you rather farm straight vendor plat loot or dont mind tunnelwanking for cash :) go explore!

Kowalski
01-28-2017, 09:21 PM
Sell butt shaping videos

Swish
01-28-2017, 09:50 PM
People will not share their plat camps. I googled and searched the forums/wiki till my eyes bled. In the end I found the best ones for me through trial and error in the field.

What I did was go to various locations I thought were promising or went out looking for camps. Started a timer for 30 minutes and kept track of all my net gains during that time. If it looked promising I did it again for an hour. Then I could establish a rough plat per hour rate.

There are a ton of camps you can make 300-400 plat per hour. several that fluctuate around 500. Anything above 500 is where it starts to slim. Your ideal goal is ~1k plat per hour or you're really just wasting your time in terms of solo plat. I even look at it the same for item camps. If you're camping an item worth say 3k plat and it takes you 4 hours to get it. I would consider that 750 play per hour. or if it took you 6 hours to get it. Then that's 500 plat per hour.

It also depends on your class and your capabilities as a player. Certain classes and players can do some insane high level content solo. Others are happy just getting by.

Edit: I see you're a shaman. Your Number ONE goal should be getting to level 60 and trying to obtain torpor. Then you can farm plat.

Farming excess plat is one of the strangest concepts I know of. You can get to 60 without having the shiniest things.

Vilkata
01-28-2017, 10:41 PM
While not the best for high lvl toons, there is a frog in swamp of no hope called Soblohg. Hes around lvl 24 and can drop 1-9pp, earrings to ruby crowns or rubies to blue diamonds. Isn't camped much anymore. He spawns in 2 locations and if you break it up right he will pop twice every 6 minutes.

mev
01-29-2017, 12:55 AM
Some ideas to get you started in terms of places that a reasonably high level person could solo for reasonable cash:

Killing things in SolA or Permafrost and selling the ore, gems, fine steel, etc.
Killing guards in many cities.
Seafuries in OOT
Gazughi Ring
Bracer of the Hidden
Earring of Essence
Fishbone Earring
Lots of camps in LGuk

Some places to group:

Efreeti
Sebilis
HS
Velk's
Siren's Grotto
Spells in Skyfire
Higher level spells from Cliff Golems in OT
Lots of stuff from dragons in Western Wastes
Kael (selling MQs of armor drops from the arena)

I haven't timed all of those out, so I don't know how much you should expect to get at any of them, but I have seen people doing each of those for cash. It should be reasonable at any of them, and it can be good to move around for more diversity.

There's also the option of doing ports or, in the long run, doing tradeskills.

schnickusaurus
01-29-2017, 04:35 AM
I started iksar SK selling bonechips in FoB -- and now i have an approximate value of 2,500,000.-3,000,000. Plat

The key to plat farm is to combine so that whatever you do in the game will bring you plat.
Questing? Well clear some plat named PH:s while questing!

Buying something in EC? Well sell lots of crap for 30% overprice while you are looking to buy your item preferably for 30% underprice

Thats Schnickusaurus style!

fastboy21
01-29-2017, 10:08 AM
Note that I never said "buy torpor" I said obtain.

wait. you don't have to buy it? wtf.

zanderklocke
01-29-2017, 11:03 AM
Get to 60 and the solo/duo cash camps. Otherwise play a class that can power level or provide a service like tracking a rare mob. Spending time to farm platinum when you could be leveling is futile because you will be able to earn exponentially more platinum doing things at level 60 for platinum than things you would be doing leveling up.

Also, find a service that no one else or very few other people are offering. Humbly provide that service better than anyone else and never cheat anyone. You'll make a lot of money, have a good reputation, and get referrals.

When I was power leveling and being respectful to other regular leveling players in the process, I could make anywhere from 2K-5.5K an hour. I think I made somewhere between 1.5-2 million doing it over a few years.

Things like porting for money might give you some starter cash, but it's going to take a long time to actually earn enough to buy worthwhile items like a fungi or cloak of flames. The only mindless, easy money camp I was ever willing to do for some quick spending cash was seafuries because I thought it was fun to try things like charming the dinosaur or dwarf merchant and watch them rip through mobs when given haste and weapons.

Eventually, you can invest in items like puppet strings/locket that will always be needed for OT hammers/binds. It may take awhile to recoup investment, but it's a constant easy source of cash flow. The items are way over powered and fun to have regardless.

There's also always boring resales on high end items where you can probably skim some platinum off the top, but the always sounded boring to me.

Platinum in Velious is interesting to me because most Velious droppables are so much worse compared to no-drop raid items versus Kunark era. I feel platinum isn't as useful in Velious. I guess you can coordinate loot rights purchases, but those are a pain.

Good luck, friend.

fastboy21
01-29-2017, 04:14 PM
Most of the people who have money on p99 didn't do anything special to get it. Most of us have just been playing here for YEARS slowly accumulating.

There are some camps that are better than others and some items that offer the best flips if you tunnelquest, but over all its just about actually playing the game...ALOT.

jolanar
01-29-2017, 04:30 PM
Most of the people who have money on p99 didn't do anything special to get it. Most of us have just been playing here for YEARS slowly accumulating.

There are some camps that are better than others and some items that offer the best flips if you tunnelquest, but over all its just about actually playing the game...ALOT.

This. There isn't actually any secrets in this game. Like someone else said 300 to 500p an hour is pretty reasonable expectation if you are 50+ on a decent farming class.

Baler
01-29-2017, 05:41 PM
I've seen people in a guild make more plat in 5 minutes from a raid than most of the p99 players make in a year+
talking 100k-200k+ from 1 item. *rolls eyes*

Just sayin.

There are also certain mobs like guardian wurms in skyfire mountains (http://wiki.project1999.com/Guardian_Wurm) that are literally slot machines for getting rich. You can win big if you're luck with the rng.
Find a good tank, cleric and enchanter. Then add any other dps and you can clean up.

Maciver
01-29-2017, 06:49 PM
I know there must be like 10 of these posted a day, but I have tried to search the forum for a decent/good plat farming guide and I am not able to find one.

If someone can give me a forum link to one that's on here that i've obviously missed that would be great!

Thank you in advance,

Munhk

Depends on where you are at in the game. If starting off i go strait for Hadden, pyzjin and sarnak couriers. Gear out on them.

I prefer drops I can sell in the tunnel for a decent chunk rather than farming mobs that drop gems, weaps, etc to vendor. I'd rather watch netflix, lift, do stuff around the house. Sitting at hadden for hours is better than than mowing down a bunch of trivial shit.

Higher level cash comes easier like others have mentioned.

Baler
01-29-2017, 06:59 PM
As someone who has spent a retarded amount of time in LoIO..

sarnak courier is not a valid plat per hour camp.

ONLY CAMP sarnak couriers IF YOU NEED THE FUCKING RING OR BUY IT.
You're wasting your time if you farm for this for plat because the drop rate is not good.

And ofc there is the R N G chance you'll get it first kill. However I know people who've farmed for it for 8+ hours for 3-4 days straight and didn't get it.

Maciver
01-29-2017, 07:23 PM
As someone who has spent a retarded amount of time in LoIO..

sarnak courier is not a valid plat per hour camp.

You're wasting your time if you farm for this for plat because the drop rate is not good.

And ofc there is the R N G chance you'll get it first kill. However I know people who've farmed for it for 8+ hours for 3-4 days straight and didn't get it.

Nah not plat per hour. Just for someone to get some starter gear while getting xp on PH's. The plat from that would be great for my 18 monk thats there getting xp wearing all cloth. That's why my suggestions where for new people starting out here.

Baler
01-29-2017, 07:31 PM
The plat from that would be great for my 18 monk thats there getting xp wearing all cloth. That's why my suggestions where for new people starting out here.

Don't get me wrong. However 95% of the people who camp it are level 50-60.

A person of level could get messed up by the surrounding goblins. Especially the shaman.

Maciver
01-29-2017, 07:41 PM
Don't get me wrong. However 95% of the people who camp it are level 50-60.

A person of level could get messed up by the surrounding goblins. Especially the shaman.

Oh yeah they are nasty, even when i camped mine at 32 i tried to avoid them. If you do the PH on the wall its much easier to avoid them. Lower levels should avoid 2 spawn on wiki.

Anywho, he never mentioned level or goals, i was just adding lowbie advice just in case.

P.S. Monk is camping any of the spots np at 18 with no gear, but well, he is a monk....hehe

jolanar
01-30-2017, 11:36 AM
I've seen people in a guild make more plat in 5 minutes from a raid than most of the p99 players make in a year+
talking 100k-200k+ from 1 item. *rolls eyes*

Just sayin.

Not sure if I am just missing the sarcasm here or not, but being in a raid guild by default means it probably took hundreds of hours at minimum, likely thousands, and not 5 minutes.

Triiz
01-30-2017, 11:49 AM

Second this. I've done pretty much every plat camp in the game that's soloable and the Sarnak Courier 2 spawn is by far the worst camp I've done.

Once you have the PH's split you're tagging a mob roughly every 15 seconds. You basically can't look away from the screen. Need to piss? Pull both PH's on you and hope some douche doesn't come by and kill them or DS you so you have to clear the field again. It's as awful as it sounds.

I've never done the single spawns, but I've done the 2 spawn enough to know that decreasing your chance at drop by 50% by only doing 1 spawn sounds even worse than the 2 spawn.

captainswjr
01-30-2017, 12:30 PM

Thank you in advance,

Munhk

If you're just starting out, here's the basics.

Buy a bunch of bags. You'll want to be able to haul around a bunch of stuff.

Fight near a merchant. There are plenty of camps with a merchant nearby like every starter zone, oasis beach has a gypsy camp, windmill in LOIO, etc, etc.

Loot everything! You're right next to a merchant. Loot every rusty piece of junk, spell research component, meat, etc that drops. The only things that should be left on corpses are very low priced non-stackables. Fill your bag, head to merchant and sell.

Ghetto-bank at a merchant. Find something that SELLS to the merchant for over 1p. Even if it costs you 1.5p or so. Buy that item with your gold/silver/copper and sell back for plats. A good example of this is Mistmoore, you can go to the rangers in Lfay, sell all your bronze junk, convert all your gold/silver/copper and be back to your camp in minutes instead of the much longer trip to Felwithe, Kelethin or Ak'anon. Evil races have a longer run to the druid ring, but it's the same idea.

If you're really pinched for cash, slaughter greens with weapons near a merchant of some kind. Example would be the derv camp in WC. Slaughter the whole camp in 2 minutes, loot everything, walk over to druid ring, vendor junk, merch-bank and now you're 10pp ahead for 3 minutes work.

Kotopes
02-03-2017, 09:29 AM
IF you're a wiz/druid and are level 34, bind in OT by SF ramp. Do a quad kite, then when finished, wait for at least 250 mana and spam your porting services. If no clients when you are near full mana, just do another quad.

You can also join Dial a Port and hit /anon before pulling, then /anon off when you are oom, then wait for tells to roll in/spam your service in /ooc. You won't get rich but you'll gear yourself nicely for upper 40's and 50's.

Why slow down leveling by porting while medding up you may ask? Many of your clients will be enchanters with crack, so it kind of compensates for rate of xp loss a bit.

Crevex
02-09-2017, 02:20 PM
The Halfling Deputies drop 10p spears every time. They are also sissies and go down easy. Great cash spot while leveling up. Plus, they are guilty of many crimes and deserve to be brought to justice.

loramin
02-09-2017, 06:03 PM
The http://wiki.project1999.com/Treasure%20Hunting%20Guide strives to have every good treasure-hunting spot (and if anything's missing feel free to add it; it's a wiki!)

Jimjam
02-09-2017, 06:23 PM
I sat on the hill in Loio from lvl 12 to lvl 24 killing the courier PH. I got hundreds of couriers in that time and not one GG ring. (much of this was done with an enc and a druid with me; we were trying to get the rings for these guys).

It can be stupid rare!

The other day I was running through Loio and decided to clear out the goblins (those sarnak hating green illegitimates!)

Of course, this immediately spawns a courier, which despite no longer being interested in, I killed out of curiosity. Of course, this one drops the ring. My druid friend doesn't really play any more and the enchanter rerolled as a monk. Damn.