Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2017, 05:35 PM
Kobold

Default Plat farming guide

I know there must be like 10 of these posted a day, but I have tried to search the forum for a decent/good plat farming guide and I am not able to find one.

If someone can give me a forum link to one that's on here that i've obviously missed that would be great!

Thank you in advance,

Confused Shaman in distress

Munhk
Old 01-28-2017, 05:50 PM
Planar Protector

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=157532 - Red99 version, item prices will be diff then blue but its a start, that and its outdated from kunark days.
Old 01-28-2017, 06:26 PM
Planar Protector

Roll a Druid get to 45 join DaP.

OR

Read the wikki.

With no information from you its hard to give you any kind of guide.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 01-28-2017, 06:59 PM
Planar Protector

http://wiki.project1999.com/Category:Player_Guides

Amax MNK / Amalgamax ROG / maximum
Begging (227)

EQ Map Archive (1,000+ images)
P99 WikiEQ Patch Chronology
Old 01-28-2017, 08:10 PM
Planar Protector

People will not share their plat camps. I googled and searched the forums/wiki till my eyes bled. In the end I found the best ones for me through trial and error in the field.

What I did was go to various locations I thought were promising or went out looking for camps. Started a timer for 30 minutes and kept track of all my net gains during that time. If it looked promising I did it again for an hour. Then I could establish a rough plat per hour rate.

There are a ton of camps you can make 300-400 plat per hour. several that fluctuate around 500. Anything above 500 is where it starts to slim. Your ideal goal is ~1k plat per hour or you're really just wasting your time in terms of solo plat. I even look at it the same for item camps. If you're camping an item worth say 3k plat and it takes you 4 hours to get it. I would consider that 750 play per hour. or if it took you 6 hours to get it. Then that's 500 plat per hour.

It also depends on your class and your capabilities as a player. Certain classes and players can do some insane high level content solo. Others are happy just getting by.

Edit: I see you're a shaman. Your Number ONE goal should be getting to level 60 and trying to obtain torpor. Then you can farm plat.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 01-28-2017 at 08:12 PM..
Old 01-28-2017, 08:31 PM
Planar Protector

Note that I never said "buy torpor" I said obtain.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 01-28-2017, 09:08 PM
Aviak

bonechips spider silks fine steel gems from giants/golems/WL mobs, tradeskill stuff like ores or even foraged velious tradeskill items. All depends on what level you are and if you rather farm straight vendor plat loot or dont mind tunnelwanking for cash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] go explore!
Old 01-28-2017, 09:21 PM
Sarnak

Sell butt shaping videos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg white.jpg (81.8 KB, 3772 views)
Old 01-28-2017, 09:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People will not share their plat camps. I googled and searched the forums/wiki till my eyes bled. In the end I found the best ones for me through trial and error in the field.

What I did was go to various locations I thought were promising or went out looking for camps. Started a timer for 30 minutes and kept track of all my net gains during that time. If it looked promising I did it again for an hour. Then I could establish a rough plat per hour rate.

There are a ton of camps you can make 300-400 plat per hour. several that fluctuate around 500. Anything above 500 is where it starts to slim. Your ideal goal is ~1k plat per hour or you're really just wasting your time in terms of solo plat. I even look at it the same for item camps. If you're camping an item worth say 3k plat and it takes you 4 hours to get it. I would consider that 750 play per hour. or if it took you 6 hours to get it. Then that's 500 plat per hour.

It also depends on your class and your capabilities as a player. Certain classes and players can do some insane high level content solo. Others are happy just getting by.

Edit: I see you're a shaman. Your Number ONE goal should be getting to level 60 and trying to obtain torpor. Then you can farm plat.
Farming excess plat is one of the strangest concepts I know of. You can get to 60 without having the shiniest things.
Old 01-28-2017, 10:41 PM
Fire Giant

While not the best for high lvl toons, there is a frog in swamp of no hope called Soblohg. Hes around lvl 24 and can drop 1-9pp, earrings to ruby crowns or rubies to blue diamonds. Isn't camped much anymore. He spawns in 2 locations and if you break it up right he will pop twice every 6 minutes.
Closed Thread