PDA

View Full Version : Qeynos Badge Quest #2 - Way too many undead spawned

Daedalon
07-18-2017, 03:25 PM
I was doing the Qeynos Badge Quest #2 when the two NPCs spawned by the stone ring got an inordinate amount of summons (I'd say approximately 100, not even joking) and proceeded to decimate my pet, myself, and 1 of the 2 other players that responded to my OOC call for help. I attached a screenshot here, but many of the creatures are stacked in the same space; it may look like there are only about 12 or so, but there are far more!

The only thing I did that might have contributed to this was stand on the hill with the investigator for about 2 minutes while I summoned my pet, then buffed it and myself a bit before descending to engage the 2 NPCs.

Tupakk
07-18-2017, 03:29 PM
Back when me and Sorn did it the first time it was great amount of waves til you killed the brothers.

If you want an unlimited supply of mobs for PLing it's easy and no casters.

Working as intended as we did it before the current patch.

Telin
07-18-2017, 03:36 PM
The 2 minute gap before combat is a concern so I will look into changing it so that the adds will only start to spawn when combat starts.

Tupakk
07-18-2017, 03:37 PM
The investigator talks a lot that is what you are waiting for before the mobs spawn when you attack they start spawning minions.

Telin
07-18-2017, 04:47 PM
They spawn after Theodore disappears so if he was preparing after the despawn then the wraiths and minions would be adding up prematurely. Probably most people go right into battle and that's why it hasn't been reported.

Tupakk
07-18-2017, 04:54 PM
They spawn after Theodore disappears so if he was preparing after the despawn then the wraiths and minions would be adding up prematurely. Probably most people go right into battle and that's why it hasn't been reported.

Well when you first implemented the quest we did it twice first time we went for it. Second time we waited and things were a bit messier. But we asked the zone if they wanted free expand ppl came a running.

Bummey
07-18-2017, 11:10 PM
What level were the undead that spawned?

Daedalon
07-19-2017, 01:27 AM
They were green to me at Level 39 and 40.

Tupakk
07-19-2017, 11:01 AM
They are around 20

Telin
07-19-2017, 11:07 AM
After looking at it last night, it looks like adds only spawn after the targets are engaged. They'll spawn more adds if you don't kill them quickly. They eventually made the quest easier but during our timeline I've read up to 80 adds had spawned. They'll eventually reset if not killed. So working as intended.

Daedalon
07-20-2017, 04:26 AM
Alright, I had never seen this quest done before and never seen so many monsters at once, so I just assumed something was terribly wrong (especially for a game built on late 90's era hardware where such a number of models on screen would have crippled performance). The wiki page (http://wiki.project1999.com/Qeynos_Badge_Quests#Morley_and_Markus) mentioned nothing about this spawning behavior, either. Thanks for looking into it anyway.

Tupakk
07-20-2017, 12:47 PM
Alright, I had never seen this quest done before and never seen so many monsters at once, so I just assumed something was terribly wrong (especially for a game built on late 90's era hardware where such a number of models on screen would have crippled performance). The wiki page (http://wiki.project1999.com/Qeynos_Badge_Quests#Morley_and_Markus) mentioned nothing about this spawning behavior, either. Thanks for looking into it anyway.

The wiki is player made. So not everything is updated. Especially something like this that nets no worthwhile item.

Maybe if we were going past Velious it would be worth it and someone will update it. The only reason me n Sorn did it was cause it was something to do and it's one of the few follow pathing quests out.

Also just cause t was the 90s doesn't mean there can't be 100s of mobs in one area lol.

lowner411
07-25-2017, 11:27 AM
Right now, Seanbean and I noticed these two quest mobs were up with hundreds of pets, according to Seanbean's track. It's causing fps issues in the area.

Gwynn
07-26-2017, 02:45 AM
I attempted this quest today. Got Theodore to spawn with a monk helping me. In the confusion with the punching, we accidentally killed Theodore.

My question is, now what? Do I need to restart the badge quest from the beginning? Also, do I need to kill the investigator in SK? He is standing near the druid rings now and not in his original spot.

Telin
07-26-2017, 11:23 PM
I attempted this quest today. Got Theodore to spawn with a monk helping me. In the confusion with the punching, we accidentally killed Theodore.

My question is, now what? Do I need to restart the badge quest from the beginning? Also, do I need to kill the investigator in SK? He is standing near the druid rings now and not in his original spot.

Unfortunately, to trigger his spawn again you'll have to start over at the first quest and get the interrogator's briefing from Vegalys. Also, pending update the investigator will despawn if the final version of Theodore is killed.

Tupakk
07-27-2017, 12:06 AM

Yeah start from the beginning. I did it my first go at the second badge as well. It was a real PITA.

Telin
08-01-2017, 08:48 PM
Spawn totals were recently capped to address FPS issues so consider this fixed.