PDA

View Full Version : How do Shadowknights change in Kunark?

shuklak
02-25-2011, 10:59 PM
Ok, well my good friend hasn't started here yet but I made a shaman. We were talking and he really wants to be a puller because we simply hate slow groups with lazy pullers. Also, we vastly prefer dungeon-grinding to outdoor kiting/grinding. I got a lot of good suggestions for a 2-man combo, but I just don't see options like dru/nec + SHM being that good for starting a lot of dungeon exp'ing groups (we don't want to log in and have to wait 30-60minutes for a tank/puller to show up).

He used to be a warrior and we know a lot about them, but I suppose we are looking for more utility and maybe a little bit of a different experience.

However, neither of us ever played a SK. Because he didn't start yet, the "pre-Kunark" days are probably not important to dwell on because Kunark is going to be here in about 4 weeks.

So I really just want to know what are the pros and cons of being a SK in the upcoming times of Kunark? For what it's worth, he would probably be a Dark Elf because he doesnt like the Ogre/troll size nor does he prefer the Iksar hiss lol.

Pheer
02-26-2011, 12:22 AM
we become gods

JayDee
02-26-2011, 12:50 AM
They're like Shang Tsung bro

Sorry, only read thread title

Nuggie
02-26-2011, 01:47 AM
Pals get pacify, better for group pulling. SK's are better for your raid pulling where pacify can't be used(VP, lots of Velious). Just IMO though. Discuss.

Edit - typo

hrafn
02-26-2011, 04:06 AM
shm+mnk combo is awesome.

fugazi
02-26-2011, 08:25 AM
Pals get pacify, better for group pulling. SK's are better for your raid pulling where pacify can't be used(VP, lots of Velious). Just IMO though. Discuss.

Edit - typo

Summon a low level pet, send it into the room and as soon as they warp, FD. It can be great, it can be shit, but the same goes for lull.

Darian
02-26-2011, 09:52 AM
Summon a low level pet, send it into the room and as soon as they warp, FD. It can be great, it can be shit, but the same goes for lull.

http://www.opentechsupport.net/forum/images/avatars/starcraft_protoss_arbiter.gif

WARP FIELD STABILIZED

astuce999
02-26-2011, 10:09 AM
Ok, well my good friend hasn't started here yet but I made a shaman. We were talking and he really wants to be a puller because we simply hate slow groups with lazy pullers. Also, we vastly prefer dungeon-grinding to outdoor kiting/grinding. I got a lot of good suggestions for a 2-man combo, but I just don't see options like dru/nec + SHM being that good for starting a lot of dungeon exp'ing groups (we don't want to log in and have to wait 30-60minutes for a tank/puller to show up).

He used to be a warrior and we know a lot about them, but I suppose we are looking for more utility and maybe a little bit of a different experience.

However, neither of us ever played a SK. Because he didn't start yet, the "pre-Kunark" days are probably not important to dwell on because Kunark is going to be here in about 4 weeks.

So I really just want to know what are the pros and cons of being a SK in the upcoming times of Kunark? For what it's worth, he would probably be a Dark Elf because he doesnt like the Ogre/troll size nor does he prefer the Iksar hiss lol.

The pros:

High survivability (FD and plate class).
Good indoor pulling (FD, snare, circlet of shadow, etc)
Great aggro holding capabilities
Nice itemization (kunark has some nice SK only items)

The cons:

High XP penalty
Low damage output

In my opinion, if you want your SK/Shaman combo to be the start of the group so that you can begin to hunt somewhere while you're looking for other members to fill up you will be happy with your choice.

If, however, you're looking to simply duo as much as possible, a monk/necro/druid + shaman will be a superior choice to the SK + shaman.

cheers!

Aarone
02-26-2011, 10:31 AM
The pros:

High survivability (FD and plate class).
Good indoor pulling (FD, snare, circlet of shadow, etc)
Great aggro holding capabilities
Nice itemization (kunark has some nice SK only items)

The cons:

High XP penalty
Low damage output

In my opinion, if you want your SK/Shaman combo to be the start of the group so that you can begin to hunt somewhere while you're looking for other members to fill up you will be happy with your choice.

If, however, you're looking to simply duo as much as possible, a monk/necro/druid + shaman will be a superior choice to the SK + shaman.

cheers!

This more or less sums it up!

Kender
02-26-2011, 04:54 PM
play a mage till kumark to get some cash, then twink an iksar monk a bit (it's fairly cheap to get good monk gear as they really don't need alot)

monk/shaman combo is very very good for duo

shuklak
02-26-2011, 10:56 PM
Thanks for the input... a few people mentioned the monk over SK. What is the rationale? Simply better dps? I figure the SK has everything else beat (tank, utility, aggro) but pulling might be about even or slightly favor monk.

john_savage1982
02-26-2011, 11:42 PM
If there are two of you I'd go SK/Shm. Monks bring little utility to the table. You'll be glad you picked SK when you have IVU, Invis, FD, dummy pet to pull, and while your DPS isn't top notch, SKs aren't that bad, especially with kunark and your 51+ spells. Your DoTs stack well with shaman dots as well.

shuklak
02-28-2011, 12:59 AM
As I understand it right now, SK's have a bad exp penalty... will that change in any way with the upcoming Kunark release?

john_savage1982
02-28-2011, 01:45 AM
No, 40% penalty. Depending on race, it'll be more. This will continue for most of the server. I don't think penalties were removed until slightly before luclin.

john_savage1982
02-28-2011, 01:45 AM
Having lvled up a hybrid class though it really isn't that bad. Yeah it's slower, endgame is pretty boring as it is so enjoy the ride.

Damaja
02-28-2011, 03:17 PM
we become gods

but the xp penalty is just so damned HARSH