Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 10:59 PM
Sarnak

Question How do Shadowknights change in Kunark?

Ok, well my good friend hasn't started here yet but I made a shaman. We were talking and he really wants to be a puller because we simply hate slow groups with lazy pullers. Also, we vastly prefer dungeon-grinding to outdoor kiting/grinding. I got a lot of good suggestions for a 2-man combo, but I just don't see options like dru/nec + SHM being that good for starting a lot of dungeon exp'ing groups (we don't want to log in and have to wait 30-60minutes for a tank/puller to show up).

He used to be a warrior and we know a lot about them, but I suppose we are looking for more utility and maybe a little bit of a different experience.

However, neither of us ever played a SK. Because he didn't start yet, the "pre-Kunark" days are probably not important to dwell on because Kunark is going to be here in about 4 weeks.

So I really just want to know what are the pros and cons of being a SK in the upcoming times of Kunark? For what it's worth, he would probably be a Dark Elf because he doesnt like the Ogre/troll size nor does he prefer the Iksar hiss lol.

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 02-26-2011, 12:22 AM
Fire Giant

we become gods
Old 02-26-2011, 12:50 AM
Planar Protector

They're like Shang Tsung bro

Sorry, only read thread title
Old 02-26-2011, 01:47 AM
Planar Protector

Pals get pacify, better for group pulling. SK's are better for your raid pulling where pacify can't be used(VP, lots of Velious). Just IMO though. Discuss.

Edit - typo
Old 02-26-2011, 04:06 AM
Kobold

shm+mnk combo is awesome.
Old 02-26-2011, 08:25 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pals get pacify, better for group pulling. SK's are better for your raid pulling where pacify can't be used(VP, lots of Velious). Just IMO though. Discuss.

Edit - typo
Summon a low level pet, send it into the room and as soon as they warp, FD. It can be great, it can be shit, but the same goes for lull.
Old 02-26-2011, 09:52 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Summon a low level pet, send it into the room and as soon as they warp, FD. It can be great, it can be shit, but the same goes for lull.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

WARP FIELD STABILIZED

"Thou speak'st aright; I am that merry wanderer of the night."
Old 02-26-2011, 10:09 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuklak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok, well my good friend hasn't started here yet but I made a shaman. We were talking and he really wants to be a puller because we simply hate slow groups with lazy pullers. Also, we vastly prefer dungeon-grinding to outdoor kiting/grinding. I got a lot of good suggestions for a 2-man combo, but I just don't see options like dru/nec + SHM being that good for starting a lot of dungeon exp'ing groups (we don't want to log in and have to wait 30-60minutes for a tank/puller to show up).

He used to be a warrior and we know a lot about them, but I suppose we are looking for more utility and maybe a little bit of a different experience.

However, neither of us ever played a SK. Because he didn't start yet, the "pre-Kunark" days are probably not important to dwell on because Kunark is going to be here in about 4 weeks.

So I really just want to know what are the pros and cons of being a SK in the upcoming times of Kunark? For what it's worth, he would probably be a Dark Elf because he doesnt like the Ogre/troll size nor does he prefer the Iksar hiss lol.
The pros:

High survivability (FD and plate class).
Good indoor pulling (FD, snare, circlet of shadow, etc)
Great aggro holding capabilities
Nice itemization (kunark has some nice SK only items)

The cons:

High XP penalty
Low damage output

In my opinion, if you want your SK/Shaman combo to be the start of the group so that you can begin to hunt somewhere while you're looking for other members to fill up you will be happy with your choice.

If, however, you're looking to simply duo as much as possible, a monk/necro/druid + shaman will be a superior choice to the SK + shaman.

cheers!
Old 02-26-2011, 10:31 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by astuce999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The pros:

High survivability (FD and plate class).
Good indoor pulling (FD, snare, circlet of shadow, etc)
Great aggro holding capabilities
Nice itemization (kunark has some nice SK only items)

The cons:

High XP penalty
Low damage output

In my opinion, if you want your SK/Shaman combo to be the start of the group so that you can begin to hunt somewhere while you're looking for other members to fill up you will be happy with your choice.

If, however, you're looking to simply duo as much as possible, a monk/necro/druid + shaman will be a superior choice to the SK + shaman.

cheers!
This more or less sums it up!

Aarone - Paladin o' Brell

"Tempus Fugit. Memento Mori."
Old 02-26-2011, 04:54 PM
Fire Giant

play a mage till kumark to get some cash, then twink an iksar monk a bit (it's fairly cheap to get good monk gear as they really don't need alot)

monk/shaman combo is very very good for duo
Closed Thread