PDA

View Full Version : Chance on helping MQ fail?

Sephrix185
11-25-2017, 08:38 PM
So, ive had MQs go south before when handing in for my alt. figured id give other armor quest gems to try and offset the chance of MQing to wrong toon, but still gave me the quest gear without matching gems. is there any possible way to get them on the correct toon, or is there atleast something we can do to avoid it form happening?

<3, Seph

diamondfist
11-29-2017, 12:57 PM
You gave other quest line , quest items (ie gems in this case)

to the NPC trying to 'fix' or increase your chance of not failing? lol

all you did was ensure those other turn ins if MQed would backfire..

I do believe that can be considered griefing also... kinda hard to prove it but you are over here admitting it.

The only way to increase your chance of not failing an MQ... is doing it right after a hard reset. Killing the npc wont work. Handing in lesser items of the quest to see if there is the good stuff sitting on the npc is a big risk, and just sets you up to fail yours, or someone elses 100%

and handing in non related other quest items... 100% does nothing for your cause but only potentially hurts others.

loramin
11-29-2017, 01:19 PM
This definitely does not belong in this forum, because there is no bug here. If anything multi-questing itself is a bug, but it's one that the staff allows because it was never fixed on live.

However that means:

A) the staff isn't going to "fix" anything, because it's already working as intended

B) if anything goes wrong with a multi-quest the staff isn't going to do anything about it (except maybe laugh behind your back)

C) if you don't like A and B (and the fact that your multi-quest can fail) all you can really do is not multi-quest, except for maybe right after a reset

Sephrix185
11-30-2017, 02:07 AM
thats fine, only reason id consider this a bug is the fact NPC holding all these different gems for different quests. Not bitching about it, Just looking for feedback on what i thought could be a bug,

loramin
11-30-2017, 12:34 PM
The key thing to start with for any "bug" is "did it work that way on live?" If the answer is yes, it's not a bug ... even if it is a bug ;)