PDA

View Full Version : Players you'd like to thank

Pages : [1] 2

yt2005
02-12-2010, 05:30 PM
I have yet to see any thread about the players that have helped you, inspired you, etc., and I wanted to have a space to do so, since it's not easy to accept a favor without at least giving a proper salute.

I'd like to thank Korthal for going above and beyond, and supplying a lowly Level 4 Cleric with a good weapon and good buffs, to help me on my way, for no reason at all. I didn't even see him coming!

I know it probably sounds a little silly, but I wanted to thank him for the leg up.

guineapig
02-12-2010, 05:36 PM
I would like to thank a Trans Barbarian shaman (I think) . I can't recall his name sadly..
Back in my mid 20's I couldn't find a group to save my life and spent level after level at KFC in South Karana. Along comes this big barbarian and hails me while I'm medding. I stand up and he gave me three pieces of gear for absolutely no reason at all. All were upgrades to the plain cloth I was wearing before.

I recall the gatorscale sleeves and the silversilk pants, both of which I'm still wearing to this day!

Thanks again man, where ever you are!

Wizat
02-12-2010, 05:39 PM
Korhal's great communism experiment helped a lot of people. Kudos to him - the server really doesn't need to be about gaining way more plat than you can use (or to make the best twink) it can be about making as many days better as you can.

HarmoniumGuard
02-12-2010, 06:30 PM
I'd like to thank Nemadoz, a Halfling Druid, for healing me when I was camping Dyllin Starshine for the Testament of Vanear. Not only did he help me kill a mob he needed, but then he helped me hunt the nearby gnolls to regain the first level I lost to the encounter.

Props, man.

SwordNboard
02-12-2010, 07:15 PM
I'd like to thank Pikler, Kaim, and Burlybones for being awesome people and helping me with some hand-me-downs to get me rolling in the right direction! Stay true guys!

Adriela
02-12-2010, 07:15 PM
I'd like to thank Glitch who kindly gave out a very nice robe to a lowly level 4 Necro. Was most unexpected but made my day. I was happy enough after getting through level 3 but the robe gift was a great bonus. Plus it's solid black. Necro's so look best in black. :)

quido
02-12-2010, 08:11 PM
I'd like to thanks Spectre the necro for being the coolest guy on the whole server. Props, Spectre; keep fighting the good fight.

Dyne
02-12-2010, 08:42 PM
I want to thank Wiggles for every single time he has ever resurrected myself or my group in Upper Guk, and for the time that he literally went out of his way to resurrect me in another zone entirely, for absolutely no profit. He is everything that I strive to be on this server, especially once I hit Level 49 and can start 90% rezzing people myself. :)

LazyFuj
02-12-2010, 08:58 PM
Id like to thank Barfists? I think that was his name.

I was on my way to BB and he told me to follow him it will be worth it! So I did, 5 min later I have an Oracle Robe!!!!!

Thank you!

Nial
02-12-2010, 09:07 PM
I want to thank the kind person who gave me a Robe of the Keeper and a Sacrificial Dagger for no reason at all in Felwithe when I was just a lvl 3 wizard.

I can't remember his/her name, it happened so fast, but thank you!!

Caspin
02-12-2010, 09:11 PM
I want to thank Wiggles for every single time he has ever resurrected myself or my group in Upper Guk, and for the time that he literally went out of his way to resurrect me in another zone entirely, for absolutely no profit. He is everything that I strive to be on this server, especially once I hit Level 49 and can start 90% rezzing people myself. :)

Seconded

L2Phantom
02-12-2010, 09:20 PM
Well, I'm still new to the server and I've only mostly seen myself and a few other novices in Halas however I'd like to thank the people in OOC who answered a few of my questions in a civil and polite manner. It's very refreshing.

Rarcoan
02-12-2010, 09:53 PM
I'd like to thank Flicka and Stonewall for being generous, and Andain for how much he tried to help me when I was stuck in the arena. I'd also like to thank the people who answered my relentless storm of questions.

Thanks! :)

nalkin
02-12-2010, 10:15 PM

thirded

Jify
02-12-2010, 10:17 PM
I'd like to thank Zilo for playing a ranger. :)

karsten
02-12-2010, 10:29 PM
If it weren't for danth and lara helping me out when i was low level, I probly would have quit a paladin and rolled a mage, thanks you two!

RangerDW
02-12-2010, 11:49 PM
I'd like to thank Zilo for playing a ranger. :)

I would also like to thank Zilo for hooking this ranger up with some awesome gear when I was in my teens soloing guards in Nek forest.

Virtuosos
02-13-2010, 12:12 AM
the 2 people who helped me out alot were Falisaty and Cheddar, both of which either gave me advice, plat, armor, buffs, and all the above over the period of a few levels :$

Hasbinbad
02-13-2010, 12:17 AM
Thank you to allizia, tibador, navis, & necron for letting me afk in their HHP orcs group all night for like 3 yellows of exp.

Without their help, I don't think I would be here today!

Anuril
02-13-2010, 12:23 AM
Thx 2 Olympia for giving me an Obsidian Scimitar and Charred Guardian Boots when I was just a blind naked newb human slumming it up outside of Blackburrow. It was a defining moment in my EQ career.

Simon Belmont
02-13-2010, 12:26 AM

While I may not be Wiggles favorite player, Wiggles will always be mine.

Tristin
02-13-2010, 01:15 AM
I would never have stayed here without my Box of Abu-Karsten!

Also Cheers to Yellow and Bluecross for the CB and Oasis grps.

Spinx and Flaming Gaze for the Guk grps.

Houdini for being an awsome dentist ;)

And Zilo for being the OR of this server!

Gandite
02-13-2010, 11:03 AM
I want to thank the kind person who gave me a Robe of the Keeper and a Sacrificial Dagger for no reason at all in Felwithe when I was just a lvl 3 wizard.

I can't remember his/her name, it happened so fast, but thank you!!

That would have been me. You are welcome. When i was a young wizard another great player named Merllin took time out of his day to help me camp a bunch of gear and he was a swell chap. I felt like I should pay the fortune on forward.

Sloth
02-13-2010, 01:42 PM
when i was a lowly troll SK in innothule i think it was Wrei who gave me a bone bladed axe and an enameled BP, thanks bro.

Also like to thank Notarg, Wiggles, and Bayer for constantly rezzing me when I was lvling up. Ha!

Kadie
02-13-2010, 02:00 PM
Flicka for randomly buffing my pet and I (even if I do get squeeeeeeeeeeeeezed for being a gnome) <3

yt2005
02-14-2010, 04:12 AM
Today, Linda invited me to a group I barely qualified for, helped me find my way around an unknown territory (along with a tour to get acquainted with it), gave me many tips, dragged my corpse out of a nearly impossible-to-reach-alone area so I could get my stuff back after I died, and helped me get a new bind in Greater Faydark. Feeling more comfortable with EQ is a wonderful thing, and Linda definitely helped me get into that zone.

Sometimes it isn't a great weapon or buff, but some words of advice and general help that can make someone's day in Everquest.

Sinlea
02-14-2010, 01:12 PM
I would like to thank EMIL!, Duvali, Stanley, Svea, and bunch of other people I can't think of at the moment :-p

President
02-14-2010, 04:14 PM
While I was around level 15 and no one had any medium armor for sale Bubbles gave me pretty much a full set of fine steel for about 150 plat and said I could pay the rest later. A few days later he/she said don't worry bout it. Was awesome! I've given away every piece I've replaced.

Brut
02-16-2010, 04:12 AM
Umar (or Omar?) Thurman (or Thorman?), who sold me a Dark Reaver for a mere 300. Was a happy happy day for a youthful SK. Found no eggs for him though. ><

Also Wiggles for all the out-of-nowhere rezes. Not all of me corpses ended up rotting unattended!

Forgot who that awesome mage was who stalked me at Innothule Swamp back in the newbie days, generating dmg shields, bandages and summoned weaponry (+ levitation rings! ...which I didn't use since I wanted to keep the AC they provided when worn).

Tryfaen for a full stack of halas meat pies. Which are unfortunately just an overweight pile of rations now.

Doktar for being awesome and camping spiderlings for countless hours to amass me like 5 stacks of spiderling silks. (Gave lots of stuff in return, no worries. =p)

Kadie
02-16-2010, 04:16 AM
Also Wiggles for all the out-of-nowhere rezes. Not all of me corpses ended up rotting unattended!

seconded!

yt2005
02-16-2010, 06:48 PM
While I was sitting around Freeport, I gave Duregar a couple of low-level buffs and heals. Just for that, I receive a sword way beyond my level. I heal him for a while, for this little thing he lets me loot a tough-to-get (for low levels) quest item.

Oh yeah, and he also WAY overpaid me for a stack of bone chips.

Then, because I was an idiot, got lost, wandered underground and died, he was willing to find and drag my corpse to me.

I'm starting to realize that there are a LOT of nice people on the server, and it's really wonderful playing here.

zt004
02-16-2010, 07:43 PM
Starting out on this server back in November was really difficult but my level 1-4 days were made much easier after Jify let me follow him around West Freeport and loot the fine steel weapons off the guards he was killing while trying to get to level 47. I made about 90p that day, which was pretty significant, and really established a foundation for me to build on.

edit: forgot the important part; Thanks, Jify!

Cyrano
02-18-2010, 12:48 AM
Wiggles who always says yes to a rez.

Also Ewasx for helping me out in Guk twice tonight, he's a hero.

Naerron
02-18-2010, 01:42 AM
i would like to thank casting who gave me 2 55 hp rings, a mithril BP, two obsid shards, kobold hide boots, and and SSB to help me out in my early tanking days. Also i would like to thanks Archie for telling me about the server.

Salty
02-18-2010, 02:41 AM
Thank you to allizia, tibador, navis, & necron for letting me afk in their HHP orcs group all night for like 3 yellows of exp.

Without their help, I don't think I would be here today!

Thanks Hasbinbad for providing the forums with endless retardation~

Finawin
02-18-2010, 02:58 AM
Andain for being cool and giving me stuff/help while leveling up.

Ikeren
02-18-2010, 04:13 AM
Karduk, the cleric, did an OOC tonight; any non anon clerics from 15-35 should send him a tell. He rolled, and of the 12 of us, I was the lucky winner.

He was quitting due to RL commitments, and gave me all his gear --- a full slew of cleric terrific gear that would only be outstripped by heavy raiding or long camps.

Thank you, very much, and good luck with RL.

Shankz
02-18-2010, 05:27 AM
Most def Pixel. And sqaud. Pixel hooked me up with some awesome items =) Squad helped me learn zones so much better, and run from everfrost to Gfay lol. Good times.

L2Phantom
02-18-2010, 05:48 AM
I'd like to thank Dryana for binding my baby warrior in halfling town and giving him buffs :D

clacbec
02-18-2010, 07:25 AM
like a chapelle geeeez

clac

L2Phantom
02-21-2010, 08:03 AM
I'd like to thank Dryana for yet another night of help and guidance, she is really awesome.

Yam
02-21-2010, 08:14 AM
Verose. Best cleric.

anthony210
02-21-2010, 08:16 AM
Napkin and an SK whos name escapes me for helping me kill Raster in Lower Guk a couple nights ago.

I am now the proud owner of a Robe of the Lost Circle.

Cardinal
02-21-2010, 10:20 PM
I'd like to thank Razzle, who does'nt know it yet, but will supply me with unlimited Clarity on this server...

Heebee
02-21-2010, 10:32 PM
I'd like to thank Razzle, who does'nt know it yet, but will supply me with unlimited Clarity on this server...

Mahaha

Ektar
02-22-2010, 04:46 AM
Thanks Olympia for dumping his useless Drelzna earrings and a bronze collar on a little level 13 paladin in oasis standing by himself on a pillar.

yt2005
02-22-2010, 09:36 AM
Thanks Olympia for dumping his useless Drelzna earrings and a bronze collar on a little level 13 paladin in oasis standing by himself on a pillar.

Baww!

Kelven
02-22-2010, 12:41 PM

I'd also like to thank Wiggles for ressing multiple corpses in multiple zones on multiple occasions. - every time i tried to trade him money it was canceled.

wiggles is good people.

Aaron
02-22-2010, 01:16 PM
There's a few clerics that deserve mention from me - Verose, Wiggles, and Flicka. It's a fulltime job for the three of them to keep my bodies across Norrath cleaned up.

flednat
02-22-2010, 07:30 PM
Thanks Sinlea for the box of Abu-Kar

Qixix
02-22-2010, 07:49 PM
Wiggles, Wiggles, Wiggles, Wiggles, and Wiggles about 20kk times more :)

Gandite
02-25-2010, 05:42 AM
So after a smashing group in Unrest getting out of 34 a ranger named Dwarin Peacecraft of Divinity helps me and my warrior mate Drut get Pegasus cloaks. Gets 2 cloaks in <2 hours and does it for free. Naturally we both paid him thoroughly out of sheer gratefulness. Swell chap can't wait to group with him again.

Scrooge
02-25-2010, 08:00 AM
Id like to thank Barfists? I think that was his name.

I was on my way to BB and he told me to follow him it will be worth it! So I did, 5 min later I have an Oracle Robe!!!!!

Thank you!

You probably mean Barfight, the monk?

I'd also thank Wiggles for throwing us support any time we asked, and Andain, the Nostalgia crew, Divinity, and the countless players I've leveled with for making the journey that much more fun!

Abacab
02-25-2010, 11:36 AM
I'd like to thank Abacab for never doing nothing for nobody, he's a real inspiration to us all!

Shaun421
02-25-2010, 12:54 PM
Wiggles for the rezzes as well, and for even sending me a tell days later asking if I still had a corpse in OOT. The corpse had expired but just the fact that he remembered was very kind.

Sylphe for letting me hang out at the specs in oasis while she raked in the cash, and for all the crack.

Google and Shawie for being the cutest little halflings and a blast to level up with.

Llawan for being a blast to level up with as well (though not quite so cute)

President for passing along the aforementioned Fine Steel leggings to my lowly warrior.

Divinity for letting me tag along on their first Naggy raid, which happened to be my first raid in EQ, EVER.

And last, but certainly not least, Eratani for generally being a cool dude.

Ghesta
02-26-2010, 02:09 PM
Tizzle - For getting me a guise before the nerf. Now I just need to get to 29 so i can port you whenever you need. :)

w1ngz
03-16-2010, 11:20 PM
Sylphe - ♥ for being above and beyond the definition of kind, with absolutely no expectation of anything in return. For spending 2 hours going out of your way to help a lost lvl 3 newb get across Antonica, including corpse runs, invis's, ports, and lots of clarity and charity; and for indirectly cementing my p1999 experience as fantastic!

Elvvood, Herodiclus, and Korrie - for generously helping me with terrible corpse runs and generally-related noobish tribulations :o

Eastwood
03-17-2010, 01:04 AM
President for helping my warrior Xerophyte with a Polished Granite Tomahawk to replace my rusty sword.

Grackal
03-17-2010, 06:05 PM
Thanks Pikle for being awesome.
Thanks to all the great people at the entrance to Guk who helped a
lowbie Troll Shammie out.

faenyar
03-17-2010, 06:53 PM
Thanks to crackzilla who buffed and rescued my noob mage several times while I attempted to solo the entrance to befallen at level 6 because I couldn't stand to look another orc in the face :)

Nedala
03-17-2010, 10:50 PM
Thanks a lot to Cantaa from Europa who gave me and a friend some awesome stuff and took us from FP to Qeynos and helped us in Blackburrow :)

Thanks to a Mage (or kind of int caster) from Inglorious Basterds who bound me in Erudin when i was about lvl 4 and gave me some starting plats, you helped a lot :) Sorry i dont remember your name.

Thanks to the GMs and Devs and everyone who works/worked on this server. Your awesome :)

Eastwood
03-21-2010, 05:32 AM
Bumping the thanks,

Thanks again to president

Nen
03-21-2010, 01:43 PM
Zilo(IB) - Hung out with me for over an hour helping me camp a mob for a quest item. It was real cool of him. :)

Badwar(Europa) - Helped me kill the Shadowed Man Leader in Lfay and refused to accept a donation for his efforts.

President
03-21-2010, 02:10 PM
Thanks to Durison and Fish Bait for being bad-ass, letting me loot a rotting indo arms, join the raid for some fun, and teasing me about the indo BP that rotted ;)

Audacious93c
03-21-2010, 03:26 PM
Well it was kind of disappointing Pres :P

nightfall
03-27-2010, 03:54 AM
I'd like to thank Andain, midget druid.. for giving me items and a ton of PP for doing service for my country.

CPTMULLER
03-27-2010, 04:41 AM
Wiggle(s?)
for just rezzing me as you see me

Finawin
03-27-2010, 04:43 AM
Andain is pretty awesome.

P.S. Hey, PM me what branch/unit etc. You're literally right in my area.

Eastwood
03-27-2010, 06:01 AM
Nightfall your a vet?

Im assuming that cause your avatar pic has a lot of hair,

Army reservist here, was active but doing college now. Was in 3rd Infantry Division, 3rd Brigade, at FT Benning

FatMagic
03-27-2010, 08:09 AM
Thanks for Glitterati from Transcendence for being friggen awesome about buffing newbies with top-end Druid buffs in GFay

And thanks for Talon (can't remember guild) for helping buff our newbie groups in the Commonlands!

Falisaty
03-27-2010, 04:30 PM
disabled vet here former 2/327 inf reg ft campbell ky 11b/c2 mos was an 88mm mortar AG call sign COLD STEEL!!!

Oreznoclaf
03-28-2010, 08:54 AM
I would like to thank Heallun.

Several days ago, he retrieved my corpse that was in BlackBurrow. Then he was kind enough to give me about 180pp, which 150pp was then spent on a full set of banded armor that was advised by him to buy. Thanks so much!

-Gstring-

Rabkorik
03-28-2010, 11:34 AM
I would like to thank Stiv (Druid), he just rolled into Crushbone one day while I was grouping at the wall and gave me the evil eye lens for the staff quest.. <3

YendorLootmonkey
03-28-2010, 12:09 PM
I would like to thank Sindee (SK?) for coming by in Qeynos Hills and giving me an Ebony Bladed Sword to help her with an item transfer. :) What a nice gesture to COMPLETELY HOOK ME on my first day back in "EQ" in 7 years. ;)

YendorLootmonkey
03-28-2010, 04:08 PM
Also, thank you to Ghanima the monk from IB for helping my friend get from BB to NK and running him across to Qeynos, binding him, then giving me some spare items to help us out!!! The trip had taken four hours and was cut short by a stray bandit in West Karana -- we were about to throw computers through the windows. :)

Akim
03-28-2010, 04:12 PM
"Thanks for Glitterati from Transcendence for being friggen awesome about buffing newbies with top-end Druid buffs in GFay"

Here here!

Insert Andains name^ Same scenario. Thanks.

Pikler too. Powerleveled me for literally no reason; just said hey follow us..

predator160
03-28-2010, 04:17 PM
I'd like to thank Rosalynn (halfling druid) she ported me from WK-->WC for free and ran me all the way to freeport and gave me a bind for no cost. As a noob at level 12 this was VERY helpful! :)

Crone
03-29-2010, 12:10 AM
Stephanie sat in upper guk today after the big lag spike and rezzed probably 5-6 people. Some with multiple corpses. I donated to her, and I'm sure others did as well, but to sit there and take all that time for some newbies fallen victim to server lag was really nice of her. Thanks so much to Stephanie.

Virtuosos
04-06-2010, 02:22 AM
Figure this deserved a bump :: Thanks Steve for almost always offering free rez's to cut down on how expensive the shit is <3

Eastwood
04-06-2010, 02:41 AM
In addition to President who helped me get a good start on the server I want to think Zilo!

He is a really nice player and was really gracious about helping me out. The whole time being very nice about it, and then bummed 100pp off me which was kind of ironic :)

ArkhamCifre
04-06-2010, 03:32 AM
I'd like to thank Must for myself and many others. He gave out tons of plat to a bunch of newb Halflings in RV myself among them.
Also I'd like to thank Johncoffeey for his level making drive by buffs at derv in WC one night out of the blue.
And to all those people whose names I didn't catch while in the throws of lostedness who answered so many questions in OOC and by tell. This is one friggin awesome server community.

Stunnah
04-06-2010, 03:44 AM
Zarina for hooking me up with a broom!! woohoo! and viln and soldus for hooking me up with my other pet focus items! you guys rock!

Burrito
04-06-2010, 09:38 AM
Thanks to Steve for traveling the world and offering reszes!

Caere
04-06-2010, 09:41 AM
Thanks to Steve for traveling the world and offering reszes!

I'm thanking Steve too, was in CB one day and he came by and dropped some buffs on us and gave me a FS hammer and cloak. :)

Zordana
04-06-2010, 09:51 AM
thanks uuaellaen for rezzing millions of people all the time :>

dacduster
04-06-2010, 10:06 AM
I'd like to thank Tanagor. He is an upstanding citizen of Norrath and a friend to newbies everywhere!

Fraud
04-06-2010, 12:27 PM
I'd like to thank Must, he gave me a hefty donation of platinum for being a noob. What i guy! i wont say how much it was, but i still have an awesome bankroll in my pocket after buying everything i needed. Thanks!

Vanech
04-19-2010, 02:58 AM
Today I logged in to find that my level five Paladin Garth lost his corpse due to the server outage. I was not (and am still not) going to bug the GMs to retrieve the newbie gear he had, so asked in /shout if anyone was willing to spare a rusty 1hs or 2hs.

I tried for five minutes to kill one wasp drone, and was unable to out damage it's regen with hand to hand!

Instead of a rusty weapon, Astropunk hooked me up with a Man-o-War and 10pp!

Astropunk - Thank you! You went well above and beyond and it is sincerely appreciated!

Erasong
04-19-2010, 08:05 AM
I wanna thank every single person on our server who hasnt been thanked. i know there are hundreds of you who have given to newbies to our home, gear, cash, time, advice etc. and havent been spoken for here. In fact, you didnt do it for recognition, just like I know the fine people who have been posted about here havent either. Its you people who make this server great.

P.S. A special shout out goes to those who answer even the most apparently rediculous newbie question(s) without ridicule or elitism, answer it truthfully, and as many times as it is asked in a week. That help is often as important as lowbie items given away.

Elaida
Returning Level 35 Paladin

VictoryARC
04-19-2010, 08:32 AM
Sending a shout out to Dorien who's noobtastic gear helped out so much at low levels. To Hawt who gave a RTS right when i needed it for wisps and mummies. And to Brutillus who kindly gave me a lizzie mantle. Thank you guys for helping out a server noobie.

Oh also Insufficient and a caster friend of his for dropping 50 plat on a broke troll

Zephys
04-19-2010, 11:02 AM
I'd like to thank whoever the Troll shammy was in BB yesterday for handing out awesome buffs and saving me from red mobs.

Somewhat
04-19-2010, 11:06 AM
Slipshank for giving out some super gear to low levels, myself included :)

-Someones

HeallunRumblebelly
04-19-2010, 12:41 PM
Figure this deserved a bump :: Thanks Steve for almost always offering free rez's to cut down on how expensive the shit is <3

If you'd quit dying so much and in such terrible places (I mean really...5 rezzes a day in paw?!) they wouldn't be so expensive. But the mob must be paid its due...also, I too like the chest pic :p

ashecrimson
04-19-2010, 12:50 PM
Deano is awesome hands down.

Thanks

Niples
04-19-2010, 01:20 PM
I like to thank Uuaellaen, does alot for everyone on server with rezzes and buffs etc. Also thank the devs doing great job with this server.

Slugs
04-19-2010, 01:30 PM
Tryfaen for being awesome. Hasbinbad, Pheersome, Grunk for keepin' the Troll sexy, anyone that has given me a group.

taamas
04-19-2010, 01:58 PM
So I'm running my Mage alt from Kaladim back to GFay after CB belt turnins, and I get a random tell from someone asking if I wanted a SoW. Is that a serious question? Of course I do! :) I turn around and Andain is a few yards behind me, buffs me with SoW. I thank him, turn back around, and start running again. I take no more than a couple steps and he says "wait!". I turn back around and he opens a trade with 25pp. That effectively tripled my savings account haha.

Thank you Andain!

Ravun
04-19-2010, 03:39 PM
I'd like to thank Taluvill/Grey for hookin me up with sick gear on my first day on the server.
Ixora for randomly powerleveling me for no reason for about 2 hours.
Glitterati for also giving me some items to help me out.
The lvl 50 human wizard that hangs out at NFP with the shiny metallic robes...handed me 100pp out of no where.
Glowen for giving me a few items on my first day along with Ixora.
And Prospect for sitting at the zone line in Crushbone for whatever reason and buffing me and group members whenever we Hail him.

Wow... i love this server haha

Xumosa
04-19-2010, 07:16 PM
I like to thank Uuaellaen, does alot for everyone on server with rezzes and buffs etc. Also thank the devs doing great job with this server.

I would also like to thank uuaellaen I have yet to run into him during the game but he was a huge help before i got the game up and running and look forward to running into him here and there

Burrito
04-22-2010, 04:47 AM
Thanks to Jelatin and Xantir (sp) for the reszes today. I fell into the lava in SolA too many times today @_@

Elendae
04-22-2010, 05:00 AM
most recently, Plumb, who dropped a Lambent stone into my hands. And I'm 28. Always nice to see people just being generous no matter the level.

toddfx
04-22-2010, 10:44 AM
Thanks to Bayleo who gave me, level 8 bard, a Crested Helm, Lizardscale Cloak, Spiked Collar, and a fancy dagger and some kind of hide sleeves that slip my mind at the moment. He also offered several pieces of bronze. I now feel uber!

Vonyor
04-22-2010, 01:55 PM
As awesome as this thread is, it is kind of the kick in the balls for people who don't get thanked and have done some way more generous things. Unfortunately even I can't remember the names of everyone that has helped me (I use in-game /note function for reminders but I can't log in right now)

However I noticed clerics are getting allot of thanks, even though they often get 100p+ tips for their work it does remind me of Zexa from Inglourious Bastards.

She would spend huge amounts of time rezzing people back in the day when she would be literally the only cleric on who had 90% rez. Also most of the time back then people had little or no money to donate. She rezzed 3 of my corpses before and all I could donate was 10plat lol. Btw Zexa if you ever need a port just send me a tell.

Tenurn
04-22-2010, 02:02 PM
I wanna thank Slowroll for all his help to my Ogre Shadowknight. He gave me Large bronze BP and FS great sword has helped greatly from lvl 1-6. He also gave me a SOW and directions from Feerott to Freeport.

Also, I wanna thank Stumbles and anyone else in EC for buffing me as I ran by. Never leveled from 5-6 so fast.

Yellow
04-22-2010, 02:08 PM
i would like to thank a few people... umm thanks to the shaman, umm damn i cant think of his name but he was in IG at the time and was an ogre... he helped me by running me to EC from inny when i FIRST started ever playing... and he buffed my grp and helped me with some gear.. Also would like to thank jify for helping my bard when i needed help by teaching me to properly twist and i think he gave me some gear... and thanks to rosy for being awesome.

Tallenn
04-22-2010, 03:40 PM
Thanks to Aquan for spreading around uber damage shield love to just about everyone she passes!

Healthcare
04-28-2010, 04:09 PM
Thank you to Ektar for suddenly giving me 50pp in OOT thus giving me a chance to buy an Ebony Bladed Sword and get my ranger started off well. Also to Kelkick for providing some free stuffs in Kelethin and all the other noobs he was giving away stuff to.

Sadface
04-28-2010, 04:15 PM
I'd like to thank Jesus. With the power of god anything is possible.

km2783
04-28-2010, 05:10 PM
Baolon I think it was? Enchanter who helped me and some friends go get my body from the feet of a gnoll commander. Wasn't the only corpse I saw him helping find last night, either.

I bet his internet connection rocks. No wires and zero latency. :eek:

oldhead
04-28-2010, 05:15 PM
Dunno his name... a guy from Inglorious Bastards ( have his name on my friends list) hooked me up with about 600-800p worth if items when i was around level 5. I didnt know they were worth that much until level 15ish.

Another gent by the name of Bashndash gave me 150p in place of an item (about the same value. Gave me the plat FINALLY when I was level 15) I won during a trivia competition he was holding in OOC when I was level 1 and only about an hour new to the server.

Although I had like 0 plat until 15 when bash gave me my winnings I was still rocking some decent gear and it helped out a ton being my first char.

I rerolled, used the 150p from bash to buy CB belts and hit level 7 in under 2 hours. Had a little money left over for spells / basic armor / and backpacks.

mitic
04-28-2010, 05:21 PM

iam sorry but there is no jesus nor a god..its just a fairy tale

thanks to uuaellaen for all those rezzes! 3>

Prospect
04-28-2010, 05:36 PM
I'd like to thank Glitch for being a pal and putting up with my rage during solb last night; you are truly the best enchanter and one class act!

Darian
04-30-2010, 03:05 AM
First, I'd like to applaud the general courtesy that seems to abound the mid-lvl chars on this server. Maybe it's because most of us are veterans of the old live days, but I've seen more group harmony than I would have ever expected on live.

SPECIFICALLY: I want to thank Acetylene/Andain. Don't care that he's /ooc fighting lately. As a low level necro I was running through HPH when Acet stopped me and gave me 200pp for pretty much no reason. Random acts of kindness are few and far between on this or any server and that was huge for me- jumpstarted my push into the upper-lvl economy :)

Earlier tonight, though, I /ooc'd for a shadowman group to get the scythe for the harvester quest. Acet responded that he'd log his druid Andain and "find me one." This guy swept through three different shadowman camps before finding a scythe and handing it off, basically finishing the hardest part of the quest for me. It's an unexpected sort of generosity, and one I was extremely grateful for. Whatever your /oocrage, Acet/Andain is good people.

Gaimcap
04-30-2010, 03:09 AM
I'd like to thank Medi for telling me to remake when I first made my shaman and turned in the PvP flagging tome (first time playing EQ, didn't know what it was) and who then proceeded to PL my new char back up to 5, and gave me over 200 plats worth of gear and items :O.

Flicka
04-30-2010, 08:28 AM
I wanna thank every single person on our server who hasnt been thanked. i know there are hundreds of you who have given to newbies to our home, gear, cash, time, advice etc. and havent been spoken for here. In fact, you didnt do it for recognition, just like I know the fine people who have been posted about here havent either. Its you people who make this server great.

P.S. A special shout out goes to those who answer even the most apparently rediculous newbie question(s) without ridicule or elitism, answer it truthfully, and as many times as it is asked in a week. That help is often as important as lowbie items given away.

Elaida
Returning Level 35 Paladin

WIN!

I'd like to thank my guildies who are awesome in every way, hubby Falindorf, all my new & old friends who have helped me out in game in more ways than I can remember.

Aaron & Kenaniah for listening to me bitch (because, that's what I do)

Most especially a HUGE thank you to Goobles, who helped Fal & I with tons of gear on multiple occasions when we first started out. You rock!

Phallax
04-30-2010, 09:24 AM
Id like to thank Flicka! She was a bored cleric the other day, stopped by, buffed my whole group at lguk zone line, popped a few reses and stuck around and healed and buffed more when needed.

Also like to think all the random people who just run by and toss buffs/heals when ever they see people just cuz with out and kind of donations.

mixxit
04-30-2010, 09:27 AM
Zarina for the rezzes and plenty more people that I wish I could remember the names of :-)

Nocte
04-30-2010, 10:43 PM
Jewce - for favors which I will not post here so you don't attract the beggars. You are effing awesome.
Maddog - the port to Steamfont saved me hours and the help with that turd of a paladin got me a necklace that will change the way I play entirely. (fear-kiting cleric, anyone?)
(I'm sorry I forgot your name) high elven chick that gave a newbie cleric a set of bronze armor just because it was clogging up your bank.
Tralina - for repeated druid buffs for the newbie when you were busy but wouldn't admit to it, thank you. Also, your thread about the <3 ring in Off-Topic enticed me to look around on the site and I bought my wife the <3 earrings, which went over... well. :)
Jackie - the bone you threw us in Befallen was incredible. Thank you. (pun intended)

Thank you all so much.

astarothel
05-01-2010, 09:01 AM
Javiere from Mostly Harmless: When I pulled Regis the Reverent for my solro bracers quest, he owned my face. He ported me back to karana, and helped me kill one of which turned out to be like 8 of them, something I would have never been able to do on my own :)

Lickum
05-01-2010, 11:56 AM
Andain. He just knows how to get the party started and keep it going. Congrats on his new Vermiculated Tunic.

Healthcare
05-01-2010, 12:38 PM
Thank you to Yinaltin (spelling?) the necro and the group he was with in Kithicor that let a number of us lowbies loot Tainted Steel Bastard Swords. That 20/42 +6 str definitely helped out my half elf ranger DPS a bit.

Shmeeggeggy
05-03-2010, 02:58 PM
I would love to thank a few people real fast.

Talon for her amazing kindness and skillz with blacksmithing. :D

Yiblaan for inducting me to Flaming Gaze then keeping me fresh with a DS.

And lastly, Gukag, who is currently running through Befallen and grabbing my corpse.

Thanks all.

AL2327
05-03-2010, 03:03 PM
The paladin jerk(something) for giving me some free bronze pieces in EC yesterday. I just started and have to save up to be poor. So that was a great help! Im sorry I dont remember your full name... Im terrible with names. :(

Senorne

AR3151
05-03-2010, 03:19 PM
I would like to thank Andreas for being such a great person!

Kraftwerk
05-03-2010, 03:37 PM
Uncle, he chatted with me about the lvl 49 fire pet and then gave me a Breath of Ro he had for when I researched the spell. I found a Words of Bondage and now have got the fire pet sitting in my handmade backpack... Just three levels to go.

Hurley
05-03-2010, 03:39 PM
Uncle, he chatted with me about the lvl 49 fire pet and then gave me a Breath of Ro he had for when I researched the spell. I found a Words of Bondage and now have got the fire pet sitting in my handmade backpack... Just three levels to go.

Don't be fooled by this man. He lures you in with kindness then tries to bro-rape you.

Blink
05-03-2010, 03:40 PM

Don't be fooled by this man. He lures you in with kindness then tries to bro-rape you.

Mingo
05-03-2010, 03:42 PM
I'd like to thank Brutillus and Soylent. Both helped me a lot as a young Ogre Knight starting out here. The Brute is an amazing pal, generous and friendly. All Hail the Brute!

Bananaphone
05-04-2010, 05:23 AM
I'd like to thank Dryana for yet another night of help and guidance, she is really awesome.

I'd also like to thank Dryana, amazing person, helped me out more than once.

khanable
05-04-2010, 11:37 AM
Talon for her amazing kindness and skillz with blacksmithing. :D

And lastly, Gukag, who is currently running through Befallen and grabbing my corpse.

+1

Talon helped me out with some Wu's, and Gukag tanked for our lowbie group for HOURS.. man, what amazing xp that was. Great people.

Deathrydar
05-04-2010, 06:45 PM
I would like to take this time and send out a sincere THANK YOU to an enchanter named Lindsy, who offered to get my corpse from the bottom of the lava pit in Lavastorm. Lindsy then waited by my corpse and buffed me along with a druid named Wolfoz, who then ported me to West Commonlands.

Thank you so much! It is greatly appreciated!

km2783
05-04-2010, 06:53 PM
Vito. He's an awesome and helpdul druid.

And... hell... Handysparks? He was a 12 mage who bound my erudite wizard in Qeynos and gave me a GLS "because Erudites are blind" lol

Ittindi
05-04-2010, 06:58 PM
My thanks go out to Mahnah. After working for 2 hours to get my corpse from deep in BB and one death away from a level loss he came along and dragged it up to safety. He also gave me a few good tips to get me on the right track again. I nice finish to a rough night.

L2Phantom
05-04-2010, 09:39 PM
I'd like to thank Omnimorph for helping me out with a set of gear he had in his bank. It will help tremendously.

toddfx
05-08-2010, 04:53 AM
Arcade, a 48 paladin, power-leveled myself and a small group for nearly 2 hours in WC tonight. He also gave me several high end items. Cool dude to talk to as well! Thanks a lot.

Smoo
05-08-2010, 03:37 PM
I would like to thanks Kilweweni who ported me and another player out of Qeynos for no plats ( which is great cause I have none ) to WC and binded me at the wfp gates :) that was pretty cool thanks . :)

3shirtlessmen
05-08-2010, 06:01 PM
I'm thanking Medi and Restor!

Nikon
05-08-2010, 06:31 PM
This game has been great! I really have to thank the Druid Hoffa for finding me about 5 minutes after I created Nikon and taking me to Freeport to bind me. He also hooked me up with a starter set of gear which has been awesome!

Thanks also to Zilo for taking the time out of your day to help a newbie get a good sword that will last me for many levels!

Also thanks to Jelatin for remembering to "pay-it-forward" and promoting an excellent game atmosphere for new players!

The only thing I would like to say is that I have run into a few sour-pusses (Miem (sp)?), that sometimes need to remember that newbie's, like me, have instances where someone bound them too close to the FP guards and they get stuck in a death-loop because the guards were trained in a direction that crossed their path when they returned to their bind from a death elsewhere. And when they are posting in /ooc for a little help, insulting them does not promote a healthy and happy server.

I'd say 90% of the people I've met have been happy and willing to contribute worth-while and helpful information and I like to log-on and promote the same kindness that has been shown to me. For others that don't, I was shown very early about the /ignore command. Keep it up, Project 1999!

Phallax
05-08-2010, 06:47 PM
Id like to thank Blink, the gnome cleric! He went out of his way to res my full group after a bad pull in lguk. Numerous reses for some and even died himself helping pull a corpse. And wouldnt accept a donation. Awesome stand up guy here.

Lazortag
05-08-2010, 10:59 PM
This level 50 (I think?) Bard named Muse not only has a name that's very a propos, but was also a nice dude who randomly gave me some decent equipment. <3333

Phorest
05-09-2010, 10:06 AM
I'd Like to thanks Rogean , Nilbog, and the other devs and developers that work so hard to provide the classic eq experience we are all enjoying~!

http://harsharajgatty.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/thank-you.jpg

SpartanEQ
05-10-2010, 06:44 AM
I hate that I can't remember the name, but a Troll SK at the Grobb entrance was handing out fine steel weapons to lowbies like me yesterday. I got a fine steel long sword that cut down my dying by 50%. :)

About an hour later, I'm sitting in the middle of the swamp and a dwarf named Finawin gave me a drive-by heal and a piercing weapon that made me even better.

Thanks to both of you. I level slowly enough being a Troll SK who plays casually.

Mugog

Gukag
05-10-2010, 10:32 AM
damn you Finawin! you made my fine steel weapon look like crap in comparison. Duel!

Gukag
05-10-2010, 10:38 AM
Oh, and I'd like to thank Vallium for introducing me to the joys of Rathe mountains Hill Giant hunting.

km2783
05-10-2010, 10:51 AM
I forget the name, but there was a cleric in Divinity that gave my mage Resolution, an enchanter that gave me Clarity and a Sheer Bone Mask (or was it the cleric? they were both high elves :D ) and later a druid hit me for all sorts of silly buffs.

Seems a nice bunch of folks, Divinity.

Shannacore
05-10-2010, 10:51 AM
Seems a nice bunch of folks, Divinity.

:)

Landis
05-10-2010, 12:41 PM
:)
You buffed me in Steamfont yesterday when I was at the druid circle vendor, you're awesome! Thanks!

Another druid did too but I can't remember their name :(

Shannacore
05-10-2010, 01:42 PM
You buffed me in Steamfont yesterday when I was at the druid circle vendor, you're awesome! Thanks!

Another druid did too but I can't remember their name :(

I remember you, little gnome.

No problem!

Yellow
05-10-2010, 01:49 PM
i would like to thank warlock/medi for helping me Twice when i was starting new toons to find my main.

Belt LAdy for the fancy sword!

ellena for giving me a port and a bind afer Swole ported me to CT and then trained me and placed me on ignore.

Hasbinbad for making me want to go to college ( xD)

Deliverator for making me realize that saying "over 9000" when he asks a serious question is highly unadvised.

Abraham for being from NYC.

Drolgurd for his general awesomeness.

toop for being toop i mean how the fuck do you not wanna be toop?

Okiran (a.k.a Nariko) for always laughing at my lameness and for vast parties in toops pants which are ofc virtual ( at least in mycase, i will not speak for others xD)

Abacab for making me realise that when two bassist get into an arguement one of them quits and give his account info out for everyone to fuck with his toon, for making me realise how well he can troll and the proper use of shocking people, and the uselessness of cleverness.

Critical for being a damn fail.

Blazed for not joining the Dutchmaster Family, and for making me realise how hard i can rage.

Wildcat for being an awesome Trannie ( not a tranny but a Transcendance player, yeah i call you all trannies GTFoverit!)

Andain for leaving the mumble channel everytime i join it.

and finally Trallina for Making me realise that we are all unimportant people with the omnipotent exception of non other then her self.

And to everyone on the mumble who has made me do the sex noise because that game fuckign cheats.... HARDCORE

Shannacore
05-10-2010, 01:50 PM
i would like to thank warlock/medi for helping me Twice when i was starting new toons to find my main.

ellena for giving me a port and a bind afer Swole ported me to CT and then trained me and placed me on ignore.

Hasbinbad for making me want to go to college ( xD)

Deliverator for making me realize that saying "over 9000" when he asks a serious question is highly unadvised.

Abraham for being from NYC.

Drolgurd for his general awesomeness.

toop for being toop i mean how the fuck do you not wanna be toop?

Okiran (a.k.a Nariko) for always laughing at my lameness and for vast parties in toops pants which are ofc virtual ( at least in mycase, i will not speak for others xD)

Abacab for making me realise that when two bassist get into an arguement one of them quits and give his account info out for everyone to fuck with his toon, for making me realise how well he can troll and the proper use of shocking people, and the uselessness of cleverness.

Blazed for not joining the Dutchmaster Family, and for making me realise how hard i can rage.

Wildcat for being an awesome Trannie ( not a tranny but a Transcendance player, yeah i call you all trannies GTFoverit!)

Andain for leaving the mumble channel everytime i join it.

and finally Trallina for Making me realise that we are all unimportant people with the omnipotent exception of non other then her self.

softy i fucking hate yew <3

Yellow
05-10-2010, 01:53 PM
no shit you do...

MogManX44
05-10-2010, 02:14 PM

i lol'd

lethstang
05-10-2010, 10:09 PM
Id like to thank hogwash, lvl 50 mage. Home slice gave me something not very valuable to him (500pp nublet robe) but meant the world to my lvl 16 chanter, who didnt have any magic items. Thanks man!

Artea
05-11-2010, 06:38 PM
I'd like to send a HUGE thanks to Emil of Inglorious Basterds...tracked me down in East Freeport, and gave away a flayed turmoilskin belt for free, denied all money for it, then bought 3 handmade bags from me!

PhilPhans
05-11-2010, 06:42 PM
thanks to Veric. I had just started a couple weeks back a DE enchanter. He ran up to me gave me a couple of lowbie items and 5 plat. thought it was kinda cool starting as a new player on the server.

Ghazghkrull
05-12-2010, 12:24 AM
I'd like to thank Gort and his crew, amazingly good dudes! Helped me a ton, and are still helping me!

Phallax
05-12-2010, 04:29 AM
Ninik, she ran around spending a good 4-5 hours if not more donating her time to nothing but reses for people. Not accepting donations. And topped it all off with a pie!

ShadowWulf
05-12-2010, 10:36 AM
To the nice folks in Oasis last night who were tipping as much as 70pp without even being asked for SoW :D

Ihealyou
05-12-2010, 11:23 AM
Ninik is the cutest thing ever. She's all like have a cookie and a rez, and everyone's like yay <3!

jballe3
05-12-2010, 12:14 PM
i'd like to thank Andain and Glitch for all the help that they've provided me to help me get started up again! :)

Exzor

km2783
05-12-2010, 04:28 PM
I'd like to thank Tyrannosaurus Rex for having the most awesome name ever. :D

Ogre warrior.

hyzon
05-12-2010, 07:36 PM
I'd like to thank Daydrem.

There's awesome, then there's AWESOME, and then there's Daydrem.

Kinamur1999
05-13-2010, 03:16 PM
Thank you Muerte!

For dragging our group to safehall in lguk after we trained lord on him!

Nikon
05-13-2010, 03:29 PM
i'd like to thank Andain
Exzor

I swear Andain spends more time helping lowbies than doing anything else in-game. One night he was bored and helped me get a whole level in the mid 20's. Andain is 'good peoples.'

Yoite
05-13-2010, 03:31 PM
Id like to thank Zyzz, was lvling up my pally in Uguk past few days and he always stops to clarity the lowbies. great stuff.

Biotodd
05-13-2010, 03:35 PM
Thanks Figment for a Manastone at lvl 20 way back in Oct.

Arkyani
05-20-2010, 03:57 AM
I'd like to thank Murfman, who was the first person in game to help me get started and even to this day I am deeply grateful.

I would also like to thank everyone else who has helped me in a time of need. I try to help people as much as I possibly can and it seems like many people are more then willing to return the favor on this server.

Great group of people to play EQ with.

orielberyl
06-01-2010, 10:13 AM
First I would like to thank all the Former Rusty Long Swords for making my early days a fun experience.
I would also like to thank abacab for the late nigh charity trains in kelethin and Freeport. Also for teaching me the ways of the falconn punch.
Of course I owe thanks to every Druid and wizard whom ever shortened my long runs with a port and every cleric whom ever regained that xp for me with a Rez.
Anyone and everyone whom has ever logged on and had a terrible day yet continued to play the game.

But most importantly I would like to recognize all the players we lost for what ever reason. I know of two or three whom loved the game and their fellow players so much it began to cause ripples in their personal life. Next time you are in the bar in Freeport please poor out a little liqour for them and remember their contribution to your eq existance.

Akame
06-01-2010, 10:19 AM
I'll just list them.

Dumesh, for telling me about the game
Jewce and Viphex for helping me get started.
Valas, for being awesomesauce(tm).
Ohh and Arkyiani for all the drive by clarity.

Ropethunder
06-01-2010, 01:41 PM
Thanks to Anomaly for letting loot the spectres in Oasis because he was too lazy to do it himself (also for laughing at me when I died).

Bootleg? for keeping me company and bringing that bit 'o ogre magic to the AC spawn. It popped right after he showed up.

Falliton for helping me kill magicians in Najena to help me find my magician focus components.

Puppettier? for researching my level 24 fire pet spell for me.

(Random guy) who gave me Words of Dimension because he had two.

(Random guy) who helped me get the stein drop in Najena. He sent me a tell asking if I needed anything. I didn't even ask.

greenshag1979
06-08-2010, 11:57 PM
I'd like to thank the level 15 shaman that helped my level 4 shaman get through Blackburrow and onto Qeynos where she bound me.

I'd also like to thank the nice players who travel through EC/WC and Gfay handing out what can only be called "uber" gear to the level 6 and below toons.

Gavmazterj
06-09-2010, 01:39 PM
...for the ports (on different occasions) she gave me that I know took time away from exping.
Also, I think Junior (or someone else) gave me a Silvery Axe when I was level 7 and then died on our next kill and didn't relog.
Thank you everyone for being so awesome! The players here truly help make the classic experience.

-Briktuff

Skope
07-07-2010, 06:01 PM
I read a post on the forums stating how they've recentlyturned into flame-fests and how ugly it's become. In light of that I'd like to bump this thread :)

tinidas
07-07-2010, 06:40 PM
Thanks Bailyn for the jaggedpine crook, has helped alot and I'm soon to turn it over to a new owner on my way back to surefall!

Safon
07-07-2010, 08:11 PM
A thank you shout out to Swishahouse and Kibeker, for answering my questions and giving me shaman gear when they didnt know me at all :p

Safon
07-07-2010, 08:12 PM
And Stonewall!

Maurk
07-07-2010, 08:41 PM
Hammer gave me a Deepwater harpoon when I was level 2
that shit owned
got it first day playing this server
made it hella lot more fun getting back into

Darkrainhunter
07-08-2010, 01:09 AM
I would like to Thank Arkyani and Thibbildorn (spelling?) for giving my warrior some gear and money to get through the 1-5 solo levels!

You guys rock! Thanks!

Huge Thanks to Heallun <spelling?> A happy purple Halfling from <IG>
I have 2 stories about how awesome this guy is.

First: I was killed by the Goblin Tidal Lord while heading back to Unrest on a CR, The next day I get trained pretty good as I was heading up to join a FP group. I start running to the zone and he shouts at me to stop and use my axe, I turn around a kill the entire train thanks to his 50th buffs, heals and mana stone while he shouts yoda-like encouragement to me. I thank him, he heals me up and I head up to my FP group. After a while I get a tell from him saying "you know you have a body in DC?" I said yeah, he asks for consent and gives me an awesome 90% res at the Unrest/DC zone line re-dinging me to 23.

Second: I was in Halas trying to start the LoW quest when I get a tell from my favorite Halfling Cleric saying hey you know you have bodies in Unrest? Long story short he resses all my bodies in Unrest! If you have been in Unrest over the last weekend you know that is many bodies! Turned my horrible weekend in Unrest into a positive note!

Heallun is AWESOME!

Loke
07-08-2010, 01:16 AM
Stuff about Heallun

Yea, Heallun used to hook me up with rezzes like non-stop. Disappeared for awhile but saw him around the past couple days. A+ dude imo.

Chodan
07-08-2010, 01:24 AM
Heallun and Ibuprofin for rezzes. Yiknik who was the first kind soul I met on this server and of course Oompa who has become a good friend to me. Yall rock!

Fists
07-08-2010, 01:31 AM
Arkyiani- first and foremost, awesome pl's always buffing my group general nice guy
Psyduck- drive by shaman buffs!
Nlaar- for making finding groups a non effort all the time =P

Humwawa
07-08-2010, 03:25 AM
Rabindranath Tagore, for turning around and DMF'ing me in Nektulos when I was six.

Lorea Braveblaze, for giving a frustrated level 16 necro the GBS he just narrowly lost. That thing is never leaving my inventory, ever.

Ninik, who saved me repeatedly in Lower Guk when I was trying to kill targets far too large for me, and being a sweet human being to boot (sorry I called you a halfling).

Ckador, for showing me this nonsense in the first place.

Overcast
07-08-2010, 11:15 AM
Bubsy - for repeated SoW, Skin, and Thorn buffs - oh and a bind.
And Jeremy in IB for the bind, and starter cash ;)

Really to anyone who tosses a buff or two, sometimes they can alter the whole game day for me.

And of course the devs/GM's here for all the work they put in.

!

Erasong
07-08-2010, 11:19 AM
i

Belt LAdy for the fancy sword!

my name is not belt lady damn it.

And then you quit playing =( at least hand that reaver to a new lowbie SK QQ

Maurk
07-08-2010, 11:45 AM
Elaida!!
that 100pp you randomly gave me really helped
thanksss!!!!

Erasong
07-08-2010, 12:14 PM
I try and give something away everyday to new people. No that doesnt mean ask me becuase itll just give me a bad impression of possible begging. trust me if you are needy and i see it, i will help you out if i am able at the time. Also since this IS a thank you thread, I would like to thank Baziir who is MIA for consistantly helping me out with groups, plat, you name it, and Ektar for the Ro armor and ghoulbane when i came back after quitting for a few months.
Id also like to thank a few people in DA, Spoolie, Evorix, Loke, Bronson, Daidraco, the list goes on and im sorry if i forgot you. These DA members in my opinion, and its just my opinion, remember that a guildtag doesnt define who you are and that we all came here for our love of everquest and have treated me with nothing but respect. It may seem small but for me it was a big deal. Restored my faith in the server population not being 100% douche and I thank you for that.

Phallax
07-08-2010, 01:56 PM
I try and give something away everyday to new people. No that doesnt mean ask me becuase itll just give me a bad impression of possible begging. trust me if you are needy and i see it, i will help you out if i am able at the time. Also since this IS a thank you thread, I would like to thank Baziir who is MIA for consistantly helping me out with groups, plat, you name it, and Ektar for the Ro armor and ghoulbane when i came back after quitting for a few months.
Id also like to thank a few people in DA, Spoolie, Evorix, Loke, Bronson, Daidraco, the list goes on and im sorry if i forgot you. These DA members in my opinion, and its just my opinion, remember that a guildtag doesnt define who you are and that we all came here for our love of everquest and have treated me with nothing but respect. It may seem small but for me it was a big deal. Restored my faith in the server population not being 100% douche and I thank you for that.

Elaida is pimp shiz, killed Grizzlenot for me when i was just a youngster sham!

Stickyfingers
07-08-2010, 03:08 PM
Otto is the man, he helped drag our corpses in fear, great guy.

Barthorn
07-11-2010, 06:55 AM
Noser - for being my P.I.C (PARTNER IN CRIME)
Tiki/Reiker - for making me realize how lovely I am
Karsten - For abusing the word "brew" so much until i finally had to start saying it. We might be brews one day.
Allizia - Best raid leader/sexbot ever
Bubbles - For going out of their way to rez me multiple times. I love you<3
Jeremy/Malcolm - For having a nice D. Also a great guy on a serious note.
Ektar - For having a nice attitude when I would run up to him and say "HALT I AM EKTAR"
Otto - For being the man and helping out back in the Rubi farming days.
Durison - for being a chill bromosexual, nicest dude ever
Taluvill -for porting me almost everywhere when he was active, WRU TALUVILL?!

Thank you all. P1999 would have not been the same without you<333<333

h0tr0d (shaere)
07-11-2010, 07:12 AM
Bubsy for sure.. helped me too in q hills and bb.
Daishelo... a few zones of buffs!
Dhimbledorn hit us up in oasis
some really nice gnome ench..... had a Y in the name, was hunting in kith, would come to hh and buff us all during the day, and bring wis maces to the wis casters.. crazy.

liveitup1216
07-11-2010, 07:57 PM
To a 50 barb shaman whose name i wish i remembered, my first toon here, after my first death, he gave me 20plat and some lowbie jewelry with a bunch of mesh items so i wasnt nakies.

every little bit helps!

snifs
07-11-2010, 08:26 PM
I demand that somebody thank me for something. Now.

stormiejs
07-11-2010, 08:40 PM
Thanks ... for nothing!

:D

Bubbles
07-11-2010, 08:59 PM
However I noticed clerics are getting allot of thanks, even though they often get 100p+ tips for their work it does remind me of Zexa from Inglourious Bastards.

She would spend huge amounts of time rezzing people back in the day when she would be literally the only cleric on who had 90% rez. Also most of the time back then people had little or no money to donate. She rezzed 3 of my corpses before and all I could donate was 10plat lol. Btw Zexa if you ever need a port just send me a tell.

lol lies! But yeah, me and Zexa were the only two for a while. To this day I have nightmares about spending 4+ hrs a stretch at the sola zoneline.

And back then melee didnt have 100pp. ;) It was all charity work back then. I used to just zone in to sola / LG and /w all all the clothed corpses and start there.. God bless mana stones.

Oh, on to the thanks:

Thank you Danth and Lara for leading East Common raids on anything spiderling/cat/bear to make my smithing enterprise possible.

Thank you Allizia, Necron, Magic, Tild, and Tibs for those insane early days of breaking into Lower Guk long before we had any business being there.

Thank you Crow and Verose for those early memories of unrest. Lord know you and sever must have hated life in those teen years, being MED bronze wearers in SMALL bronze candyland lol. I still remember the early days when we were "raiding" solb pre-level 30 just trying to get Crow MED bronze without having to hoof it to perma.

Thank you Magic for all the fun times in Guk/Rathe Mtns/OOT etc.. And definitely thanks for the manastone, lord knows I put that to use daily.

Thanks to Vezor for showing me necro heals was all a twinking warrior alt needed to live in unrest from 20-35 hehe.

Thanks to Pyrocat for all the early day fun, and to Pyro and Saluki for trucking from Oggok to FP to bring me all those Large Armor Molds for smithing.

Thanks to all the mages/wizards/enchanters I got oracle robes for who ditched to IB within days after.. Way too many to list. None of them still play, shocking =P.

Thanks to Jify for all the groupage. Only you truly understood my deep-seeded hatred of those pesky melee classes.

Thank you Glitch for always taking time out of your busy day to die in rathe mountains. When you moved on to BB dorfs it wasn't nearly as rewarding without the 12-zone sowless run to boost my ego. :)

Thanks to Karsten and Hasbinbad for all the memories. Just cuz we never were on the same time didnt stop us from laughing at the insanity of all the drama together ;)

Thanks to the Devs for sure! Nil, Wen, Xzer, Tant, Tibs, Secrets, and everyone else who made this possible. We always whined because we were thankful, I swear! :)

And yeah, thanks to everyone else I forgot, way too many to remember.

Now when do we reroll and do this from scratch all over again? I'm ready!

Jify
07-11-2010, 09:26 PM
Thanks to Jify for all the groupage. Only you truly understood my deep-seeded hatred of those pesky melee classes.

Jerk, what about the time I gave you that bear-hide jerkin, or the PP to start blacksmithing!

jk!

Thanks you bubbz for the fun times. Start playing with me again, k? :)

PhelanKA
07-11-2010, 09:45 PM
I would like to thank Baby Jesus.

Seriously though, there's way too many people who have helped me over the few short weeks i've been on the server. It's been a really fun experience so thanking Rogean and the rest of the staff is a definite must.

spoolie
07-11-2010, 10:18 PM
I would like to thank myself because I am super awesome.

Willis
07-11-2010, 10:22 PM
Heallun for selflessly rezzing all the noobs like myself in the lowbie zones!

h0tr0d (shaere)
07-12-2010, 01:50 AM
Fremming saved my butt in Befallen, dragged me, and ressed!
Omar and Arctos free ports!
Puppetier? killing the guard capt in najena

thanks guys!

Itchybottom
07-12-2010, 09:08 AM
People like Omar, that provide free teleports to people. If you're just hanging out in EC tunnel, it's only mana - it comes back... I used to port people for free on live while I was playing the /auction game in Greater Faydark realizing the same thing. And all of the mages out there, that have extra stein/broom/shovel/torches, and don't price gouge another mage. I've seen them for as low as 50pp, which is awesome (because I've also seen them auctioned for 600pp....)

tj218
07-12-2010, 04:35 PM
I'd like to thank Yukkers for giving me (19 Rogue) Ravenscale Leggings.

Thanks again!!!

Kerygma
07-12-2010, 04:56 PM
Heallun for all the rezzes.

Ludovico for free clarity, haste and help breaking Orc camps.

azeth
07-12-2010, 04:59 PM
Omar - i offer the guy all the money i had 3p and 30g, he cancels trade and ports for free.

Heallun - Kind? Bored? who cares, what a guy for rezzin nubs in mistmoore

ElanoraBryght
07-13-2010, 03:34 PM
Baqual - he just stopped in Everfrost at the BB zone in and gave me some Shaman love. When I told him I had nothing but my thanks to offer him, he said no problem - and how about we go do this fun little quest for you?

Then after we did that, and I offered him my paltry collection of banked hides (saved for the day I make it to EC to sell them, or on the chance someone comes through EF looking for some), he turned them down and instead filled the trade window with enough sellable fine steel to pay for my next set of spells.

Thank you again Bagual. May it come back to you many-fold.

ColdBlooded, single digit Shaman

mattrox
07-13-2010, 08:38 PM
I would like to thank Brut. I was a very lowly Shadow Knight hunting with a combination of Cracked Staff, Tarnished 2 hand axe(Sharpened myself) And a Tarnished Bastard sword. He approached me and asked what I was using for weaponry. I bragged about my 3 weapons and he gave me A silvery 2 handed axe. He also explained I was an ugly Ogre. I thanked him and offered him some bone chips and spiderling silk stacks. He told me he had Gnome slaves to Gather those things. And that they also make a great snack.

astarothel
07-13-2010, 08:59 PM
He told me he had Gnome slaves to Gather those things. And that they also make a great snack.

LOL, thats Brut alright.

Teatime
07-14-2010, 05:03 AM
I would like to thank Flicka and the whole of Sapientia for a great time in MM.

For those not there Sapientia invited everyone in the zone to partake in groups that were being PL'd by lvl 50s, while they had a high lvl group in the castle helping everyone who needed particular drops for quests and otherwise. This rogue got a bottle of Blood Spirits and is now the happy wielder of the Burning Rapier.

h0tr0d (shaere)
07-15-2010, 04:13 AM
Rejuvenation of Divinity has been ultra cool and helpful while he camped grimrot in SK. Even ran, encumbered over to fountain cuz Quillmane was killing me... to toss me a heal and save my butt. I didn't need it, but the fact he would, awesome. Also giving free resses to anyone who drags corpse to him. Free buffs for da monkie too! wooohoo. And he played on Tunare also! just after I split to Drinal though:)

Also Shadooh and Koota?(sp) of Eminence. Great experience with them in sk as well, and Shadooh and I chatted a bit for a few hours, good peoples.

h0tr0d (shaere)
07-15-2010, 04:14 AM
Oh, and Sazor! holla, for getting me some shralok packs, and Eldrad, for helping me kill goblin alchemist in misty! From Europa!

Breuce
07-15-2010, 05:42 AM
Thanks a bunch to Glitched for taking time out of his guard-slaying to help me do some transferring to get some spells my KOS gnome needed out of Oggok free of charge.

Thanks a bunch of everybody else that has helped out that I've missed or forgotten: I can barely count the amount of random SOW, DS, Pet Buffs, Clarity, etc. that I get without even asking or even interacting at all with the caster. Seems like a good bunch on this server :)

PhelanKA
07-15-2010, 09:46 AM
I'd like to thank Haywood. I was in OOT last night trying to find the goblin headmaster for a quest. He came all the way over to the island in person to show me where it spawned. I'd probably have been there for another hour or two not realizing I was in the wrong spot.

h0tr0d (shaere)
07-15-2010, 04:57 PM
Ahh, in a CT group last night, err this morning. Chain pulling means you don't loot, and well afterwards Kinjiru handed me a lizzy cloak that dropped, and 20plat. Awesome man, looking out! And Ankel for comin to sk to port me to feerot for that group!

Kiche
07-15-2010, 05:32 PM
Mayhaps this is the same Barb Shaman who said he would give me a bind at the gates of East Freeport, but instead gave me 155pp and then vanished. Thank you, kind sir! I was dirt poor and it all has gone to good use! <3

liveitup1216
07-15-2010, 05:49 PM
im going to make it a point that every few days i continute to thank the devs via this thread. because my god i havnt enjoyed myself in an mmo this much since live classic.

the fact that this is one of the cleanest and smoothest emu's ive ever played, even more so than when it was live, combined with how deeply the dev's get involved and show face on the forums or ingame, if they decided to charge a monthly id gladly pay double whatever price they ask for.

mind you i've only been here a week and a half, but i feel more at home than when this was all in verant's hands.

Majuna
07-15-2010, 11:26 PM
Big thanks to Skope for camping the seafuries and giving me all the toes I needed for focus items, and for also telling me, "Here, you look naked," and then handing me a robe of the oracle to fix that. I can't remember the druid's name who was with him but she was super nice and thanks goes to her :)

Thanks to all the giving enchanters who have handed out clarity to me like it's candy, made it so much easier.

Thanks to Muergan for getting me started (along with a bunch of old friends) and helping me out. :)

Thanks Yukkers for remembering me (somewhat) and helping me out, too!

Flicka
07-16-2010, 01:01 AM
Yukkers is my boston creme donut *SQUEEZE* *LICK*

liveitup1216
07-16-2010, 01:05 AM
Yukkers is my boston creme donut *SQUEEZE* *LICK*

flicka's the meanest person i've met... so far... wink wink.

Overcast
07-16-2010, 01:07 PM
Thanks Tralina for the buffage - got me a good half level in WK last night~

KnuckleSangwich
07-16-2010, 07:49 PM
I would like to thank two VERY helpful players that went out of their way last weekend to help me:

Tinino

and

Illtair

Thank you very much guys!

-Aamen :D

Tronjer
07-16-2010, 08:26 PM
Want to thank

Shortstop

for coming from lGuk to ress me at Swamp zone. :)

Kani
07-17-2010, 08:53 PM
Thanks to Darkith who was in GFay earlier today handing out plat to lower levels.
Also want to thank Hokahey for giving my wizard a Fine Silk Turban and Damask arms to replace the cloth he was wearing.And to Taino who gave me a some Mammoth Hide Leggings today in EC.

akahdrin
07-17-2010, 10:18 PM
Sapid and Eashan.

I wouldn't have done it without you guys.

Walabaego
07-17-2010, 10:51 PM
Mesmyric? I think that is spelling...Nice druid who ported my Alt for a CR, very much appreciated. Hit me up in game if you ever need anything :)

Polyphemous
07-17-2010, 11:20 PM
I'd like to thank Darkith also, not just for handing out plat but for turning it into a mini-event and lottery. It's always nice to increase the level of interaction between players.

h0tr0d (shaere)
07-19-2010, 10:06 PM
Julie, saw me sitting at shadowed men in w comm, sat down and helped. Shadooh also, helping me get my rapier. And yes, Phallax you too mate!

Monkeyshine
07-20-2010, 05:27 AM
Grats - still need to get mine :D

-Eldrad

Noser
07-20-2010, 05:48 AM
I wanted to thank skeletonya for making me rofl when she unintentionally trained the group on numerous occasions. I'd also like to thank karsten for being a fine modern gentlmen. My bang bros: barthorn and bazek. Allizia and Tibador for helping me get caught up! Bubbles for ressing me a billion times in SolA. Most importantly I'd like to thank all the dev's for giving us all the opportunity to enjoy classic eq again!

Eyry
07-20-2010, 07:50 AM
Stefan, not only does he make every Mage research spell, but he offers a hell of a price. He also hooked me up with griffin feathers for free and a robe of the oracle for a great price.

Thanks man.

Harmonicdeth
07-20-2010, 09:54 AM
I will think Anleus for helping me get started with money with a sweet deal we had going.

All the druids, clerics, mages, and enchanters for buffing my nooblet butt at the tunnel.

Anyone else who has buffed/helped/advised me in anyways many of you need thanks, and I can't remember all of your names!

Mournblade
07-20-2010, 11:49 AM
For free newbie CR ports, unasked for buffage, and generosity, I would like to thank the following people:
Renbil
Tranzporter
Shani
Drexell (more than once)
Trajan
Reptilian (more than once)
Golthrog
Duron
Sazor

Entrance
07-20-2010, 12:09 PM
Bubbles x101 for rezzes / buffs
Matrim the claritymonster in unrest
Heallun for being uberpwnage

All the other buffers that run around buffing/porting newbs for free

I shall soon be one, 2 more levels till i become a claritymonster!!

HUAAAA

Jael
07-20-2010, 05:30 PM
the druid - Greenwood
Thanks again! /stalk On
:D

Flicka
07-20-2010, 09:12 PM
Nith, Haywood & Falindorf for giving me one of the best evenings ever hanging out in WC with the noobs at the dervs as ya'll pulled for them. I'm never seen kodiak/spider/willowisp/snake trains like that :D and between you & Falindorf the pirahana from the pond was a hilarious touch I'll never forget (still laughing). Later Haywood joined the fun with king sized bard trains /notworthy all you guys rock!

bled12345
07-21-2010, 03:26 AM
I'd like to

yukkers - For letting me feel validated as a 50 warrior, and defeating him in a duel in oasis!

Hasbinbad - for also letting me defeat him in a duel in EC, and making super ROFL comments afterwards. He attacked a guard so he wouldn't die by my hands, I offered to pay for his res, and he replied " I would rather drink the spit of a thousand lepers than have a favor from you! " LOLOLOL

Greenwood - For humping my leg in wolf form in oot.

---=========-----------------=============---------=====
Bashndash - 50 ogre war (sapientia)
Dashnbash
Flashndash

Shannacore
07-28-2010, 06:22 PM
Thanks Tralina for the buffage - got me a good half level in WK last night~

Fabulous!

<3

thxer
07-28-2010, 07:03 PM
Thunderstruck and Zhaige are on my 'not an asshole' list! <3

Sinlea
07-28-2010, 10:46 PM
I would like to thank myself... because it hasn't been done lately.

Malinrol
07-29-2010, 05:41 AM
Thanks to:

Pikler - Giving me the ports and buffs to help me out! =]

Greenwood - For giving me a Crested Helm in MM. Was a huge upgrade, and he was very cool about it.

Glowen - He gave me some nice gear in the beginning of my dungeon crawling experiance. He helped the healers in befallen at my low levels keep my sorry but alive. Was the first true person to give the new player a helping hand!

Spleenripper - If it wasn't for this guy, would have never got into this game, and would be completely devastated and done with this game. =]

Cheers to them all!

Sadad
07-29-2010, 08:15 PM
I'd like to thank Shortstop, Daliant, Shadooh, Yoite, Heallin, Comapavik and Shivis (and a bunch of guildmates!) for helping me with Lucan. You guys are all awesome.

I've had too many people help me over the past 10 months to list in full, but you all know who you are.

Chodan
07-29-2010, 08:18 PM
I'd like to thank Shortstop, Daliant, Shadooh, Yoite, Heallin, Comapavik and Shivis (and a bunch of guildmates!) for helping me with Lucan. You guys are all awesome.

I've had too many people help me over the past 10 months to list in full, but you all know who you are.

You forgot me, again.

h0tr0d (shaere)
07-29-2010, 08:31 PM
Eminence and Shadooh spec, for calling me in to loot shiver boots!

Ashintar also, I went ld on a raid, logged into hate one morning alone, he came up and got me. Furme and Eldrad for getting the stone, thanks guys!

Jael
07-30-2010, 07:28 AM
Ninik - Norrath's prettiest gnome-lady.

6 reses (7 really) for me and the hubby - and she refused any donation I tried to give. Since I haven't been able to play all week, getting that EXP back was so very helpful.

So again, Thank you, Ninik!

Toony
07-31-2010, 05:46 PM
I'd like to thank Daliant for the gift, that was very cool and much appreciated.

Nagash
07-31-2010, 08:15 PM
Haven't read it all yet and I'm not even sure if his name has been cited yet but I do want to thank Mmiles. Very nice chap who came one day out of nowhere after me posting a bug about fear to try to test it with me, spent probably an hour remote connected to my pc to make sure my set up was ok, kept on believing me and kept on looking for the problem and highlighting what is was. I've seen him or heard about him helping a lot with the server's day-to-day stuff so Mmiles, thank you for your courtesy and the personnal time you devote to help the community :)

To a true gentleelf

Nagash

Feather
08-01-2010, 03:11 AM
My lowly Ogre Shammy was killed in In. Swamp and de-leveled to four. There was no way I could get my corpse as the NPC was right by it (killed me with one punch). I yelled for help and almost immedicately an Ogre (Warrior I think) answered and dragged my body to me. I was so rattled by my death that I didn't catch his name, but I hope he knows who he is and knows how grateful I am.

mmiles8
08-01-2010, 11:27 AM

To a true gentleelf

Nagash

Aww ty

ElanoraBryght
08-01-2010, 02:09 PM
Thank you Laledorm for the suit of banded armor!

My shaman has been pretending she can tank in leather (with predictable results.) You just ran up to me a few minutes ago and without a word handed me a window full of Large Banded, and the nearly 40 more AC that goes with it.

Coldblooded /bow

XDrake
08-01-2010, 04:05 PM
I am spelling it wrong, but Dreader helped me everytime shouted for a port for a corpse run. Saved me on corpse runs from WK to Odus... He wouldn't take donations from a lowbie and saved me hours. :)

Thanks, little guy.

-Malmur

Nedala
08-01-2010, 09:08 PM
Ninik Ninik Ninik!!!

For being the nicest player EVER on any eq server <3

Vothsisx
08-02-2010, 06:27 PM
Ninik Ninik Ninik!!!

For being the nicest player EVER on any eq server <3

Agree on that!