PDA

View Full Version : Felwithe guards

shams
08-29-2018, 09:56 AM
Just got 49 with my druid this morning while doing some homework in the library at school. Kinda looking for some new places to solo and I was thinking about doing some weird stuff, like the Felwithe guards. Aside from wrecking my faction with the high elves, are there any other real draw backs to this?

Also, any other fun camps/areas to solo you all like around level 49?

Thanks!

Ella`Ella
08-29-2018, 10:09 AM
I believe these guards have higher Magic Resist than many others.

Also, I believe they are Paladins/Clerics that heal and, as a druid, you don't have a great way of stunning them (maybe the wind lines of spells - is Felwithe considered indoor or outdoor?). It's easier for necros because they can stun and have a pet.

shams
08-29-2018, 10:29 AM
Great info, hadn't really thought of those things... maybe I should look somewhere else :p

Cecily
08-29-2018, 10:31 AM
Do you like quadding? Do Bloodgills under LoIO. It's very good exp till 51. Bring a couple stacks of fish scales.

This is the right answer for your level, just straight up.

GinnasP99
08-29-2018, 11:04 AM
You can kill them with DoTs while rooted. If you break line of sight with them they won't try to heal/lay hands. This is probably a bit easier to accomplish as a druid if you have your epic but /shrug prolly still decent without it. And the swords that they drop are 21pp per mob.

loramin
08-29-2018, 11:20 AM
While it's probably not the absolute fastest spot, the frost giant fort in Eastern Wastes is another great spot to quad kite. If you have a Luminescent staff you can even kill entirely mana free, except for Snare, although you'll probably want to throw in some self-cast AoEs since they cast faster. It's also a great spot to learn to quad, as the area to the left (as you exit the fort) is completely open, leaving you plenty of room to maneuver.

The big advantage of that spot is that it let's you improve your Velious Dwarf (and to a lesser extent Dragon) faction. Not only do the giants give both when you kill them, they also drop toes and heads which can be turned in (as part of the first two shawl quests) for extra faction.

Also, if you're ever looking for new places to hunt, be sure to check out the Per-Level Hunting Guide (link in my signature). It has tons of ideas for places to solo.

Taiku
08-29-2018, 11:21 AM
As a druid you might have trouble with their roots if one lands on you, and their root breaks, they won't heal unless they are in melee range, but it could go south quickly when you're rooted in a bad spot, I'm not sure how many tricks a druid has to get out of that situation other than cancel magic if they get that, they also cast cancel magic so sometimes they remove their own root on you

shams
08-29-2018, 01:34 PM
I really love how helpful you all are with info, thank you so much! I have to admit, I'm not much for quadding, I kind of like to take my time with one, maybe two mobs at a time and then med and do homework while I'm sitting there. I think I might go check out the giant fort Ioramin mentioned. I'll also take another look at the guides!

Bummey
08-29-2018, 02:25 PM
A way to avoid NPCs healing themselves is to get out of line of sight while your dots do their work. If the NPC can't see you, or anyone on their aggro list, they won't heal themselves. Also, for some raisin, when Felwithe guards have multiple people (you+pet, you+group member) on their aggro list they'll use more spells than if they only have one person on their aggro list. For example, they won't cast stun unless at least two entities are on their aggro list.

Felwithe guards would be good. Harmony for easy splitting and you can make a ton of money selling the two handed swords they drop, assuming you're the Correct druid and can sneak sell. Otherwise make a level 1 high elf enchanter and drop transfer them for selling, then buy peridots in felwitheb and transfer those back for only a very slight plat loss.

Swish2
08-29-2018, 06:58 PM
Felwithe guards are better to nuke down than dot, for the reasons mentioned about healing. They don't have a lot of HP, and as long as you keep gate up assuming you're rooted and your root on him breaks you've still got a good chance to get away (tip: bind at Steamfont druid rings to sell and run back, and use the wall to invis into Felwithe bank to bank there).

Bummey
08-29-2018, 10:54 PM
Gating to steamfont to sell those swords is a great way to have your camp taken. At least if you're in zone on an elf named Swordseller or something you can keep an eye on the camp and talk to the encroaching necros.

Swish2
08-29-2018, 10:59 PM
Gating to steamfont to sell those swords is a great way to have your camp taken. At least if you're in zone on an elf named Swordseller or something you can keep an eye on the camp and talk to the encroaching necros.

It's about 2 minutes at the most if you're quick, I didn't know it was a camp people took so often. Kelethin guards (starting on the same platform as the rogue guild) is another option if it's really come to that...no heals on them either.

kjs86z
08-30-2018, 09:35 AM
I had a great time charming animals in EJ for a little while last night on my 50 druid.

Where's a good place to charm between EJ and Bear Pits?

loramin
08-30-2018, 12:07 PM
I had a great time charming animals in EJ for a little while last night on my 50 druid.

Where's a good place to charm between EJ and Bear Pits?

Stupid question: how did you animal charm in EJ (or perhaps more importantly, where did you charm in EJ)? Personally whenever I've tried to charm there I could never find enough mobs close enough.

As for where to charm at level 50, I qadded at that level so I'm not sure, but I'd think that there'd be animals of the appropriate level in Eastern Wastes and Wakening Lands.

Bummey
08-30-2018, 12:28 PM
Fuck charming 46-56. Spirocs with lumi staff 46-50/51, raptors from 51-56, then go to the dang bear pits!

Raptors are fun because they run super fast and have ludicrous aggro ranges, and they will FUCK YOU UP if you get complacent and lazy with the camp. It's dangerous enough to keep you on your toes and engaged with the quadding, especially with how far it is from any reasonable pathway a cleric would want to run to rez you.

It's about 2 minutes at the most if you're quick, I didn't know it was a camp people took so often.

Felwithe guards are a hugely popular and contested necro (rarely, evil shaman) camp.

bigjeff100
08-30-2018, 12:40 PM
Fuck charming 46-56. Spirocs with lumi staff 46-50/51, raptors from 51-56, then go to the dang bear pits!

Raptors are fun because they run super fast and have ludicrous aggro ranges, and they will FUCK YOU UP if you get complacent and lazy with the camp. It's dangerous enough to keep you on your toes and engaged with the quadding, especially with how far it is from any reasonable pathway a cleric would want to run to rez you.

Felwithe guards are a hugely popular and contested necro (rarely, evil shaman) camp.

Did raptors as well. Hated it... It is a pretty dangerous camp, spent many levels there. But its lonely and boring.. He's right, gotta be on your game every pull for raptors, and you can't bind in TD. But good exp. Hate when that big dino spawns, and screws my quad up.

I also skipped bear pits cause i had enough danger after raptors. I instead did my end game grind at Othmirs in CS. I still do go there often. 3 camps of othmirs, just requires harmony and snare. They drop crustacean armor, gems, and othmir fur. All 3 are extremely profitable!

Bummey
08-30-2018, 01:10 PM
raptors and bear pits rule

othmir drool

kjs86z
08-30-2018, 02:44 PM
Stupid question: how did you animal charm in EJ (or perhaps more importantly, where did you charm in EJ)? Personally whenever I've tried to charm there I could never find enough mobs close enough.

As for where to charm at level 50, I qadded at that level so I'm not sure, but I'd think that there'd be animals of the appropriate level in Eastern Wastes and Wakening Lands.

Near the TT zoneline. I used track to find the animals.

Gorillas (the non undead ones), tigers, and raptors can all be charmed there. I was killing the non-animal mobs w/ my animals when at all possible to maximize my number of pets available.

Its not bad....but definitely going to green out at 51/52.

I'm just not into quadding, and don't really care if its better XP. That raptor spot sounds horrible to me....different strokes.

I'll need another spot for 51/52 to 56, then I'll try the butt-puckering bear pits with a better root spell and better charm duration. Was thinking about SolB bats but that damn noxious spider is a pain in the rear.

bigjeff100
08-30-2018, 02:45 PM
raptors and bear pits rule

othmir drool

K

Sacer
08-30-2018, 03:18 PM
Felwithe guards won't heal unless you're in melee range, if you stay away they will just spam root/dispel, you need a clicky trash buff to make it easier.

They're not very magic resistant either necros kill them all the time, it's a pretty contested camp.