PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Fear and low health mobs

Marrhault
04-24-2011, 12:02 PM
Been noticing on mobs in Burning Woods especially the giants. What is happening is that if fear wears off in the mobs "run slowly away when low on health" area that they run full speed at you untill they take another tick of damage is taken. Then it looks like the mob rechecks this effect and they slow down and start to run again. Not sure if this is how it worked on live or if the server is handling fear and health check in an odd way. Hope this helps! BTW (52 Necro using Invoke Fear on various forest giants)

eriamjh
04-24-2011, 12:26 PM
NPCs are also not slowing down at low health when feared. Only after they break fear.

Hakurou
04-25-2011, 03:02 PM
Had this issue a lot today too, mob broke out of fear at 1% HPs and came running towards me at full speed instead of continuing to flee snared.

Another issue with fear spells I saw today: I feared a mob with Invoke Fear and a bard cast Angstlich's Appaling Screech on the mob, the bard fear didn't overwrite Invoke Fear but the mob stopped being feared and chased me after the bard fear wore off. I got a worn off message for Invoke Fear after it's regular duration would have been over though.

Those two issues might be related so I'm putting that in here too.

DoucLangur
04-26-2011, 05:46 AM
I have observed the same behaviour with root in upper guk: Rooted frogs that were low health when root broke would jump me, often hit me once, then turn to run. This is when they were like... below 5-10% when they would often run at 15% when not rooted.

Cheers,

Slozem

Ostehaps
04-26-2011, 09:54 AM
NPCs are also not slowing down at low health when feared. Only after they break fear.

This is classic after what i can recall.

uygi
04-26-2011, 02:07 PM
When mobs are under an effect the prevents them from engaging conventionally, they need to take damage AFTER the effect wears off before they will actually flee. When I'm fearkiting, I let pet finish off mobs but usually just tank one round as it runs back to me. Saves me having to run over and loot it so I consider it a wash.

baalzy
05-20-2011, 04:09 PM
BUMP!

This is still a huge issue. Mobs that are feared will run at full speed when they shouldn't after snare wears off with them at low health.

Example: I'm fear kiting a giant in BW at the fort. The mob gets down to 10% and stops moving because it's trying to flee but my snare is preventing it. Snare wears off but fear is still in effect. The giant TAKES OFF at full speed. Fear then wears off and the giant slows down to the speed it should be traveling at since it's nearly dead. The mob will continue at full speed until fear wears, and often times will run full speed for a time after fear wears until either my pet manages to hit it or another DoT tick occurs.

When snare wears on a feared mob it should perform a calculation to determine what their run speed should be, instead of using their regular run speed is.

SupaflyIRL
07-05-2011, 12:28 AM
Another interesting aspect of this is seen with the yetis in their cave in DL. When they are under 15% and snared they will either warp to certain parts of the cave or run in a warpy way at more than full speed.