PDA

View Full Version : NPC Spawn Issue: Qeynos hills skeleton camp

dannym3141
02-25-2010, 06:49 PM
Classic skeleton camp (the one that is east of the surefall glades entrance) in qeynos hills had 8 or so skeletons that spawned there.

I went there today and noticed 3 skeletons would spawn but also 7 or 8 static random mobs such as fire beetles, giant rats, wolves and a giant bat.

I remember the spawn well, there was definitely 8 or more skeletons that spawned there (and only skeletons), and i believe they may have been tougher at night than during the day. Can't be certain on that one.

However if you observe the behaviour of the rats/bats/beetles/wolves that spawn there, they spawn as stationary creatures which is completely abnormal behaviour for these creature types.

The 2 fire beetles spawn facing a wall which looks very odd, and is exactly where 2 skeletons would sit as a pile of bones and jump up on any unsuspecting newbies.

I can't remember exactly which range of mobs spawned there, it was all kinds of skeletons. However i know that it was far easier to do the monk quest for putrid rib bones on live classic because there were lots more potential spawn points.

I can't provide any graphical evidence, but i think the abnormal spawn positions and behaviours lends some credibility.

doacleric
02-25-2010, 07:55 PM
If you are talking about the undead ruins, then there indeed should be several skeletons there, and usually harder ones during the night. During the day however, there was always a decent mix of fire beetles and other animals along with the skeletons.

I will take a look into getting those mobs mobile again.

dannym3141
02-27-2010, 05:52 PM
If you are talking about the undead ruins, then there indeed should be several skeletons there, and usually harder ones during the night. During the day however, there was always a decent mix of fire beetles and other animals along with the skeletons.

I will take a look into getting those mobs mobile again.

Then perhaps the live mobs that spawned there despawned at night and skeletons spawned there that were stationary.

However one thing's for sure, both day AND night, there were more than 3 skelly spawns. At the moment there are only 3 skelly spawns and that just isn't right at all. If you observe the camp, you'll see 2 fire beetles (usually) that sit facing the main corner of the ruin. Those should be skellies both day and night. And i'm almost certain that there were a few more that were skelly only.

100% sure on this, hope someone can back me up. There should be more than 3 in the day and lots more/tougher at night.

That i know for a fact!