PDA

View Full Version : OT Hammer

Infectious
06-06-2011, 04:35 PM
Went to do the quest for the worker sledgemallet as a dark elf mage agnostic and I guess my faction isnt high enough. Anybody know what I have to con and the fastest way to gain faction up? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

baalzy
06-06-2011, 04:36 PM
Amiable.

Edit:

faction gain, kill sarnak berserkers for sarnak warbraids. Turn 4 of them into captain rottgrimm inside the outpost.

Messianic
06-06-2011, 04:37 PM
Sarnak berzerker tail whips. Lots of them. Dunno any other way except for puppet strings.

Seaweedpimp
06-06-2011, 04:39 PM
Went to do the quest for the worker sledgemallet as a dark elf mage agnostic and I guess my faction isnt high enough. Anybody know what I have to con and the fastest way to gain faction up? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

If you are an enchanter or necro you can charm him for a quick turn in as well.

Hottbiscuits Dreadmuffin
06-06-2011, 05:17 PM
I read up on Alla's that you can kill certain mobs in Skyfire (and VP, but I'm thinking solo-group level mobs) for VS faction. I haven't gone there and tried yet. Anyone have experience with this?

Infectious
06-06-2011, 06:25 PM
If I got someone to charm... Could i do turn in still? Or do I have to charm? Im a mage and broke one at that to pay for strings.

username17
06-06-2011, 06:29 PM
He would only be indifferent to you if someone else charmed him.

Either you charm him (by spell or puppet strings) or work on faction via braids.
Not really any other option.

enatomi
06-06-2011, 06:33 PM
Heard something like 18 braid cycles to get from apprehensive to amiable. I think the quest NPC is level 50 so unless you are high level and have a way to charm him, braids are your only option. I too have also heard of SF kills as an effective way to get there but probably need to be a higher level for that as well.

Asher
06-06-2011, 06:50 PM
I read up on Alla's that you can kill certain mobs in Skyfire (and VP, but I'm thinking solo-group level mobs) for VS faction. I haven't gone there and tried yet. Anyone have experience with this?

There are low level elves in VP that have a quick respawn that will give you VS faction. You also gain VS faction from killing Kunark dragons. I am pretty sure you gain faction bumps from all of them. No idea how things are on this server but on live it was that way.

Asher

Asher
06-06-2011, 06:51 PM
Heard something like 18 braid cycles to get from apprehensive to amiable. I think the quest NPC is level 50 so unless you are high level and have a way to charm him, braids are your only option. I too have also heard of SF kills as an effective way to get there but probably need to be a higher level for that as well.

I remember it being approximately that from live too but here it is much more. Be prepared to turn in a total of about 280 Braids.

Asher

baalzy
06-06-2011, 07:22 PM
I scanned alla quickly. the Kunark world dragons + mobs in VP are the only ways to raise VS faction via pure mob kills. I couldn't find any mobs in Skyfire (besides talendor) that raised VS faction.

Fourthmeal
06-06-2011, 07:39 PM
I think I turned in roughly 120-150 braids to get my hammer. It really isn't too bad if you're leveling in OT.

username17
06-06-2011, 07:40 PM
Yah I was collecting them while leveling in OT.

Then I (unknowingly) got a Kaesora group and ruined all my progress.

LazyFuj
06-06-2011, 09:21 PM
Nevermind..

Toncilek
06-06-2011, 09:35 PM
i turned in around 300ish war braids and went from max kos to threatingly, then wolf form got me to amiable

Asher
06-06-2011, 09:39 PM
i turned in around 300ish war braids and went from max kos to threatingly, then wolf form got me to amiable

Wolf gave you faction increase? There is a huge bug.

IIRC, Wolf made you KoS in FV or OT even if you weren't KoS before.

Asher

Slust
06-06-2011, 10:48 PM
Well, I'm in wolf form and this cliff golem still scowls at me... if it does give a faction boost erroneously, I must start off really KoS.

Zakaton
06-07-2011, 02:43 AM
On Live it took my Iksar BL 88 Warbraids and Dark Elf illusion to gain enough faction to get the hammer.