PDA

View Full Version : Kings and Bandits - Early release Challenge!

destru
06-09-2011, 03:08 PM
I was relaxing on IRC earlier today and image made the comment that if 200 unique users join their irc channel, they will open up kings and bandits server for beta now.

(Manx is me)
<image> maybe if you get 200 unique people in this channel we can open it
<image> but I don't think anything else would convince the date to be pulled up :P
<image> since devn00b needs more time for content
<Manx> if I get 200 uniques, you'll open the game now?
<Manx> for a beta
<image> yeah we can go with that :)

IRC info is: irc.eqpvp.com:6667 #kings

Everyone should join so we can get a decent pvp server opened up!

See you in there!

Stylez
06-10-2011, 11:54 AM
This server is opening up tonight, Be there!

http://www.eqpvp.com/

JayDee
06-10-2011, 12:18 PM
Brief synapse of server.

Do it

Dojii
06-10-2011, 12:20 PM
kool will try it out and post some feed back.

Stylez
06-10-2011, 12:37 PM
MQ is ment to be disabled, So might be worth it just for that.

JayDee
06-10-2011, 12:49 PM
I will be self loathing on this server wishing someone would put a bullet in my head.

See you there!

Misto
06-10-2011, 12:49 PM
MIGHT TRY.

However, I am expecting it to be alot like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lnp5r7IVMG0

destru
06-10-2011, 12:57 PM
Brief synapse of server.

Do it

You must be the laziest bastard on this forum.

http://www.eqpvp.com/index.php/topic,4.0.html

titanium client update download: http://www.eqpvp.com/index.php/topic,44.msg87.html

Stylez
06-10-2011, 01:57 PM
Going to be sweet.

Slyfox
06-10-2011, 02:25 PM
Neutral Details

* Custom client to support features not available standard and to deter use of cheat utilities.
* Special player-triggered zone wide events.
* Item discovery for all items, personal recognition of discovery.
* Corpses are returned to Shadowrest after 6 hours - mostly beneficial to PVP combat.

PVE Details

* Old world level limit 1-50, 1 account per player.
* Main world will consist of EverQuest's Titanium Release with original map files (Note: Old versions of Nektulos, Lavastorm, Steamfont for example).
* Items will be re-modeled to follow old world settings (eg. new focus effects will not be present)
* Random Diablo-like free-for-all item system will exist for new items, loot and quest based items generated on the fly during gameplay, content is functional cross-zone.
* Revised dungeon quest system which will provide ranging difficulty and generate new activities.
* PVE Neutral continents Odus and Faydwer, additional neutral zones Bazaar and Nexus. PVE dungeons available in Shadowhaven.
* New mid-high level (30-50) PVE dungeons available in Odus and Faydwer.
* *New contestable group (pve/pvp) dungeons in old world Antonica.

PVP Details

* Kingdom Alignment Chart: In-game colors screenshots - Player selected team based pvp system, Qeynos (dark purple), Halas (orange), Freeport (light blue), Rivervale (Yellow).
* PVP Bandits: bandits in-game color screenshot - Bandit, FFA PVP-based team (red color). (Bandits can be beneficial or attack each other, bandits can also fight versus kingdom players).
* PVP Limited to the Antonica continent and contested dungeons there-in. PVP flag is enabled at level 30, optional flag can be enabled before 30 if interested.
* On death cash drop and single item loot (lore, nodrop and bags exempt) - Max of 10 Level difference to allow loot of item + cash.
* Bounties against players earn pvp points to spend on pvp-only items
* Kingdoms player controlled, including upgrade-able guards, merchant taxes and other features.
* Kingdoms will determine the players allegiance (guilds will exist only as such). Much like a team pvp server, however the alignment of evil/good is not a requirement.
* *New contestable dungeons which are pvp-enabled for mid-high level range (30-50).
* More specifications will be announced later on.

Shit is gunna be sweet bro's

Darwoth
06-10-2011, 02:48 PM
lol so the server has a bunch of post luclin expansion horseshit, no pvp until level 30 and everything aside from antonica is a pve safe zone thereby ensuring that nobody levels/farms/does anything at all in the pvp areas ie felluca/trammel in uo

sounds great, wait..... no it sounds like complete and utter shit.

edit: just realized the server is being run by a fellow named image, isnt that the assclown that put out about 50 other disaster servers rife with random bannings, corruption and so on?

Stylez
06-10-2011, 02:50 PM
It's to let the bluebies play aswell :o, All raid content and the best zones will be pvp. Can't go wrong with that.

Darwoth
06-10-2011, 02:53 PM
so the only time anyone will be in the pvp zone will be when they are in a raid zerg, lame.

edit: i find it funny that not only is the majority of the game pve only but then there is ALSO a level 30 pvp flag, i mean talk about redundant "prevent pvp at all costs" systems, how about one or the other? (or none)

Rust1d?
06-10-2011, 02:55 PM
Anything with post luclin content is gonna fail. People will just blue it up

Stylez
06-10-2011, 02:56 PM
You forgetting how big antonica is. You got guk going to be nice pvp in side that zone. innothule, rath and all that stuff. Image was the owner of guildwars, Not seen him make anything else and that was in like 2005.

Darwoth
06-10-2011, 03:03 PM
if it was velious and earlier i might have been tempted to look in spite of all the retardation, however with that much landmass (not to mention luclin homosexuality) coupled with most of the game being pvp disabled the server will be a pretty big sack of crap.

sounds like the type of server for carebears to be able to stick their chest out and say "yeah man i played on that pvp server..... and it had item loot!" leaving out the part about the server having more zones than players and that they spent 99% of their time in the no pvp sector.

Stylez
06-10-2011, 03:07 PM
it's only old world with nexus and bazaar, No kunark or velious. Maybe 2-3 customs zones.

fiegi
06-10-2011, 03:09 PM
p a s s

06-10-2011, 03:15 PM
I wanted to mention how amusing it is that Darwoth has a hard on for me after 6+ years. The name doesn't ring a bell so apparently you did not make an impression.

In any case I welcome anyone who is interested in the server and constructive feedback. We are all here to have fun in EQEmu right?

Darwoth
06-10-2011, 03:32 PM
I wanted to mention how amusing it is that Darwoth has a hard on for me after 6+ years. The name doesn't ring a bell so apparently you did not make an impression.

In any case I welcome anyone who is interested in the server and constructive feedback. We are all here to have fun in EQEmu right?

actually i personally have no idea who you are, i just have a good memory and almost played on whatever previous shitheap server you ran in days past until my guildmates (that played on it) told me about the gm fellatio guild that comprised 70% of the server pop and how they were banned after shitkicking said guild.

then i perused the lucid vision boards and discovered that you banned the entire guild because they wouldnt stop calling you out on your boards.

then a year later when some other emu came out (i guess yours had taken a shit by then) i said thanks but no thanks, whereupon a buddy of mine from artful death said something to the effect of you being a stellar example of carebear, moron and douchebag.

it is however refreshing to discover that my memory remains strong and that you are indeed this same ignoble fellow, and judging by the laughable ruleset and layout of your upcoming server i see you still have no clue how to make a server thats remotely worth a shit.

Darwoth
06-10-2011, 03:34 PM
it's only old world with nexus and bazaar, No kunark or velious. Maybe 2-3 customs zones.

well maybe ill play then, till around level 30 when i get banned for pking all of images buttbuddies.

06-10-2011, 03:42 PM
well maybe ill play then, till around level 30 when i get banned for pking all of images buttbuddies.

Darwoth it is unfortunate to see you have such disgust for me but not much I can do about that, it came here before I even said a word and maybe my sarcasm reinforced it.

In regards to the server set, it is complex and maybe not liking to all, but it really is hard to satisfy everyone.

06-10-2011, 03:47 PM
I gotta add - great way for a robot to break the ice, thx buddy.

Darwoth
06-10-2011, 04:07 PM
don't mind me, i'm just an asshole

Beauregard
06-10-2011, 04:41 PM
UH OH its scary bad guy darwoth!

fiegi
06-10-2011, 04:47 PM
wasn't darworth some druid on rallos zek? or diff guy

Aenor
06-11-2011, 01:35 AM
Darwoth is the guy who compulsively ganked people on mobs to pad his infamy in Vanguard then claimed he beat the server. Unfortunately he never had enough friends to participate in mass PvP.